• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV

I am living in the fast lane of the proverbial DV pressure and breathing through the pores of my skin rather than my nose! I am a DV2016AF000029xxx baby. A few quick ones: I read on some thread here that once you applied as single and after pre-selection you submit DS260

yes, there was a question coming. I figedted with the keyboard...DV pressure.... Hi all, I am living in the fast lane of the proverbial DV pressure and breathing through the pores of my skin rather than my nose! I am a DV2016AF000029xxx baby. A few quick ones: I applied for the DV as single. While waiting to be pre-selected, my status changed greatly: I got a baby and got married. I submitted my DS260 Form with my wife and child included. Is it true that such a status change invites more interrogation from the CO? We are expecting our second baby on Dec 31 (yeah, I know). When should I expect my 2NL and interviews? If the 2NL comes before the baby is born, what then? Will the new born require her own passport? On a fairly unrelated matter altogether, someone made a DV entry for a friend in the DV2016 fiscal year. The person made errors on my friend’s date of birth and spelling of his name. He was not selected anyway, but mMy friend is worried that this might affect his entry for the DV2017 especially if KCC notices the inconsistencies. So he wants to know if KCC keeps entries of unqualified entrants from the previous years.

yes, there was a question coming. I figedted with the keyboard...DV pressure.... Hi all, I am living in the fast lane of the proverbial DV pressure and breathing through the pores of my skin rather than my nose! I am a DV2016AF000029xxx baby. A few quick ones: I applied for the DV as single. While waiting to be pre-selected, my status changed greatly: I got a baby and got married. I submitted my DS260 Form with my wife and child included. Is it true that such a status change invites more interrogation from the CO? We are expecting our second baby on Dec 31 (yeah, I know). When should I expect my 2NL and interviews? If the 2NL comes before the baby is born, what then? Will the new born require her own passport? On a fairly unrelated matter altogether, someone made a DV entry for a friend in the DV2016 fiscal year. The person made errors on my friend’s date of birth and spelling of his name. He was not selected anyway, but mMy friend is worried that this might affect his entry for the DV2017 especially if KCC notices the inconsistencies. So he wants to know if KCC keeps entries of unqualified entrants from the previous years.

Several questions in fact....

First thing. I want to confirm the first child was not born and you were not married at the time of the DV entry - is that right? If not correct you would be disqualified.

Your interview will be well after the birth of your 2nd child. So, you will then unlock your DS260, add the child to your forms and submit a DS260 for the newborn. The child will need a passport, birth cert and medical.

About your friend, yes they have access to data from unselected entries, checking against that would be part of the background checks. However, the errors you mention might not result in a concern over the new entry.

Thanks a lot. No, I wasn't yet married and the baby wasn't yet born. I will also gladly inform my friend about the good news. So in what circumstances do they do background checks on unselected entries? I also want to become a "professor" of DV related issues. Many of my friends are applying and they are already nervous even before they have been pre-selected. lol

They randomly rank the entries in numerical order in each region, then they do a certain amount of checks on top x thousand entries checking those entries against other entries looking for fraudulent entries. Some are disqualified at that point creating "holes" in the numbering. Then selectees are notified of the selection in May, and once they submit the DS260, further checks are performed.

Sorry for engaging you but what is a fraudulent entry? That's confusing me. I thought everyone who applies is legit especially because they would be applying to the same legit body (KCC)? And at what point do they do these "checks on top x thousand entries checking those entries against other entries"? Again, sorry for the inquisition. It comes with my trade - Journalism.

Sorry for engaging you but what is a fraudulent entry? That's confusing me. I thought everyone who applies is legit especially because they would be applying to the same legit body (KCC)? And at what point do they do these "checks on top x thousand entries checking those entries against other entries"? Again, sorry for the inquisition. It comes with my trade - Journalism.

Trying to trick the system by submitting more than one entry - could be by switching dates of birth, mixing up names by switching the first name with a middle name, using the surname as thirst name, etc.

Trying to trick the system by submitting more than one entry - could be by switching dates of birth, mixing up names by switching the first name with a middle name, using the surname as thirst name, etc.

Yep exactly (apart from a thirst name - not sure what that is! :p).

In other words the sort of "mistakes" the OP describes were made on the other entry.

Very funny you two! It's quite soothing to encounter comic relief in the middle of such pressure. But we appreciate all the support, dedication and selflessness you input to educate and calm all of us down

Hi mom, I have read about Visa denials and kept wondering. Why would KCC schedule an interview for Someone who they know is going to fail an interview? Is this some form of revenue collection for the American Gvt? :)

Hi mom, I have read about Visa denials and kept wondering. Why would KCC schedule an interview for Someone who they know is going to fail an interview? Is this some form of revenue collection for the American Gvt? :)
Being in journalism and all, are you planning to write an article or such? Just wondering...

No. KCC is not authorized to adjudicate on cases, only a consular officer can do so. Would you be happy with an admin department deciding on such things? I sure wouldn't... and anyway it is not often they know the person will fail, because they do not have sight of all the documents the person will present. For example someone may not have high school but KCC doesn't see what the work experience docs will be presented, so they can't just deny.

Really, if you have a look at the US public finances, I guarantee you even a couple of thousand denials at $330 a time will not make even a dent on petty cash!! lol