• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV visa for family members

Erkan

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

If everything will be OK, means if we will get the visa, we are planning my wife and child will come to US later than me because of my wife's job, she should be relocated to the branch in US. I know validity of the DV visas are just only 6 months. Can consulate give for my family the visa more than 6 months validity? So how we will do that? Or they will give the visa to them later, before Sept 2008?

Thanks in advance..

Can consulate give for my family the visa more than 6 months validity?
no.

your family should get the visas asap, enter on them before the expiration date, and then they can return to your country if they need to.

One more question :

can my family enter to US later than me, but in 6 months..? So in this case, they have to give us 2 envolope for immigration at port of entry, right..? Because on DS 230 form there is a question asking about members of the family who will travel now or at a later date.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

If everything will be OK, means if we will get the visa, we are planning my wife and child will come to US later than me because of my wife's job, she should be relocated to the branch in US. I know validity of the DV visas are just only 6 months. Can consulate give for my family the visa more than 6 months validity? So how we will do that? Or they will give the visa to them later, before Sept 2008?

Thanks in advance..

We are in a more or less similar situation, with our visas expiring in July 2007. There isnt a way I know that they can give you a visa for more than 6 months. You'll have to travel with your wife before the visa expires, and then she can leave the US to go back to her job. Otherwise she may lose out.

1- I understand that, but should they (my wife and son) travel together with me..? Can they enter first time with DV but later then me, ofcourse before the visa expired?

2- When she comes back, she should come back to US in 6 months, right? Or due to I am a petitioner, are they, wife and son considered to be tied with my status? so will their green card be valid as long as I have a valid green card, living and working in US ? (This must be asked on life after GC section)