• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv Tanzania 2015 meet here

Ni vizuri kutumia Kiswahili, lakini inabidi kutambua kwamba hii forum inasomwa na watu wa mataifa mbalimbali, hivyo ili iwe ya msaada kwa wengi, itakuwa vema endapo tutatumia kiingereza kwa kuwa ndiyo lugha inayoeleweka kwa wengi. Na pia mwanzilishi/waanzilishi wa jukwa hili, na waratibu wake wameitumia lugha hiyo hivyo kwa heshima yao nivema tukafanya vivyo hivyo.
Sure-But it has been said before that any use of other language be translated:So I don't know whether it will be in order to post in Swahili-followed by a translation-what do you think moderators

Post in English only please!
Sure-But it has been said before that any use of other language be translated:So I don't know whether it will be in order to post in Swahili-followed by a translation-what do you think moderators

If a Tanzanian can pass their O-Levels subjects (excluding siasa/kiswahili) in Engligh , then am sure s/he would be able to post in simple english.

If a Tanzanian can pass their O-Levels subjects (excluding siasa/kiswahili) in Engligh , then am sure s/he would be able to post in simple english.
True- in fact:Its not about Queens English-Its a matter of simple communication-we also make minor grammatical mistakes..Be encourage to post in short sentences.

You don't have to keep posting the exact/same response to individual forum members you know? :rolleyes:

Anyway, to answer your question we don't have an issues with people posting now and then in some other language provided it is followed by an English translation and it does not become the general practice. We're not asking for people to post in English because we're nosy and want to get in their affairs, but because this is an English speaking public forum and for purpose of accountability. Also, we need to ensure that the information being shared is accurate and to allow others to benefit from it.

Britsimon - I work in Angel , 1 min from Angel station. So if you happen to be in or around Angel station let me know.

Ahh yes I know the area - but its unlikely I'll be in the area any time soon as I moved to Northern California!

By the way how are your Interviews conducted,In swahili?
In non immigrant visa interviews you are given a choice to be interviewed in Kiswahili or English. I do not know for sure if those options are available for immigrant visa's interviews

Karibu (Welcome). You are right. However, even Siasa is now taught in English as Civics (Somewhat changed in consideration of the reality of the multiparty political system), so the only subject taught in Kiswahili is Kiswahili.

Karibu (Welcome). You are right. However, even Siasa is now taught in English as Civics (Somewhat changed in consideration of the reality of the multiparty political system), so the only subject taught in Kiswahili is Kiswahili.

Waoo... in my days Siasa was taught in Swahili. I am from Tanga.

In non immigrant visa interviews you are given a choice to be interviewed in Kiswahili or English. I do not know for sure if those options are available for immigrant visa's interviews
I think the Embassy will always make sure the Interviewee is comfortable.wish you all the best as you wait being current-so do you understand all the terminologies used in DV how the VISA bulletin works(is predicted)..or rather is there any general question you might want expounded to you/or Lets know your personal opinion in this process...By the way why do you think few Tanzanian are selected compared to KENYA and the population is almost the same?

I think the Embassy will always make sure the Interviewee is comfortable.wish you all the best as you wait being current-so do you understand all the terminologies used in DV how the VISA bulletin works(is predicted)..or rather is there any general question you might want expounded to you/or Lets know your personal opinion in this process...By the way why do you think few Tanzanian are selected compared to KENYA and the population is almost the same?

Thanks for your encouragement and good wishes. From reading different threads of this forum, especially the Kenyan threads for 2013, 2014 and 2015, together with the South African Forum (SAUSA), and the Naira Land forum I have a normal understanding of terms pertaining to DV. Also, I have been following the visa bulletins for some months now, the analysis done by Britsimon (I read his articles and his blog too), Sloner, Vladeck and others.

I have learned a lot from the above mentioned as well as SusieQQQ, Sm1smom, Utamaduni, Jorj, Guriix (I read his blog as well), Simon (you), and many others who are freely and with integrity helping many to successfully attain this very rare opportunity. To all I am grateful.
I will ask questions when in doubt, and when asked I will try to respond to the best of my ability and knowledge applicable to a particular issue.

Personally, I consider being selected for further processing in the DV 2015 a very special blessing/event in my life, and I believe it will change my family life forever. I continue to pray and I believe that God has opened this door, and will hold it for us for we are not strong without Him.

The main reasons fewer Tanzanians are selected in the DV program is because very few participates. As to why only a few participates; I am not sure, because many students in High Schools (Form 5 and 6) and those in colleges are aware of the program, but the idea is not gaining much momentum.

From the Kenyan’s 2015 thread I understand that you have already done your interview, and you were successful. CONGRATULATION! I wish you well, and I pray that God will continue to bless you and your family, so that your relocation to the country of hard work, great opportunities, and huge dreams will have a smooth landing, and will bring you all more prosperity.

Thanks for your encouragement and good wishes. From reading different threads of this forum, especially the Kenyan threads for 2013, 2014 and 2015, together with the South African Forum (SAUSA), and the Naira Land forum I have a normal understanding of terms pertaining to DV. Also, I have been following the visa bulletins for some months now, the analysis done by Britsimon (I read his articles and his blog too), Sloner, Vladeck and others.

I have learned a lot from the above mentioned as well as SusieQQQ, Sm1smom, Utamaduni, Jorj, Guriix (I read his blog as well), Simon (you), and many others who are freely and with integrity helping many to successfully attain this very rare opportunity. To all I am grateful.
I will ask questions when in doubt, and when asked I will try to respond to the best of my ability and knowledge applicable to a particular issue.

Personally, I consider being selected for further processing in the DV 2015 a very special blessing/event in my life, and I believe it will change my family life forever. I continue to pray and I believe that God has opened this door, and will hold it for us for we are not strong without Him.

The main reasons fewer Tanzanians are selected in the DV program is because very few participates. As to why only a few participates; I am not sure, because many students in High Schools (Form 5 and 6) and those in colleges are aware of the program, but the idea is not gaining much momentum.

From the Kenyan’s 2015 thread I understand that you have already done your interview, and you were successful. CONGRATULATION! I wish you well, and I pray that God will continue to bless you and your family, so that your relocation to the country of hard work, great opportunities, and huge dreams will have a smooth landing, and will bring you all more prosperity.

That's really,really encouraging mfumuke-what has surprised me is your in depth knowledge, extensive research and passion for the DV program.I have ABSOLUTELY NO doubt Tanzanians have two knowledgeable persons ( Tanzanian gal and you).

My PRAYERS is that many Tanzanians & the larger EA Community realize the POWER of this GAME CHANGER programme.The positive contribution to the society by those who went ahead of us and ourselves will trigger some unquenchable passion...

Am a STRONG believer and its very very true as Britsimon puts its in his blog,(that you should count yourself lucky out of approx 15million you become selected) it takes the hand and favor of God.

Its true am through with the process and am praying that all those who got selected may get the chance to set foot in the Embassy AND PRESENT THEIR CASE .Thanks for your goodwill message and

BLESSING BLESSING BLESSING & AND MAY THE LORD BLESS THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY

Last edited:
Hello guys I am currently not in Tanzania but I will be back for interview where can I get my Tanzania police report ? How long does it take till u get it??