• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery to be canceled

mia22

Registered Users (C)
There are several bills being introduced in the senate aiming to reform the US immigration. Several of the bills have provisions to end the DV lottery. If one of does bills becomes a law this year, does that mean that all DV 2008 visas are going to be cancelled?

There are several bills being introduced in the senate aiming to reform the US immigration. Several of the bills have provisions to end the DV lottery. If one of does bills becomes a law this year, does that mean that all DV 2008 visas are going to be cancelled?

Do you news come from official congress (Rep and Senate) web site
or just your thinking?

Because I know that only 1 bill related DV had been introduced.
It is HR1430 and none of the bill in Senate related DV had been introduced.

Could you update me if I'm any wrong and missing about it!

To be honest, I do not have any specific information besides the HR1430. I was reading a forum on immigrationvoice.org, where they mention that big immigration bills being introduced to resolve business immigration and illegal issues include provision to eliminate the DV lottery. Immigration Voice organization is working for business immigration issues.

I posted on this issue because I want to hear if other members have more details. How serious is the HR1430 for the DV 2007? Do you think that it will be cancelled?

The link to HR1430:http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.01430

Last edited by a moderator:

I would think that even tho a bill was passed this year to cancel the DV Lottery, then it would probably be effective with the following year. Probably 2009 since its yet to open, and not deny all those that have already been notified and are to be notified. I woulnt worry too m uch about it, but nevertheless its good to keep an eye on the news.