• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

@Brisimon and @OnTheG, thanks guys! I think it should be fine and we're just going to go for it! And thanks for the links, will be sure to check them in accordance to the pictures we have :)

Hi all
A little question.. I have new baby on September 30 .. I know i have to include her .. Whats is the requirements for her picture ..?? Its so hard to take a professional picture for her .. Any advices what to do?

Taking photos of your baby or toddler
When taking a photo of your baby or toddler, no other person should be in the photo, and your child should be looking at the camera with his or her eyes open.

Tip 1:

Lay your baby on his or her back on a plain white or off-white sheet. This will ensure your baby's head is supported and provide a plain background for the photo. Make certain there are no shadows on your baby's face, especially if you take a picture from above with the baby lying down.

Tip 2:

Cover a car seat with a plain white or off-white sheet and take a picture of your child in the car seat. This will also ensure your baby’s head is supported.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html#DV

Suggestion for all DV-2017 applicants

Our much loved forum member @EmilyW has a drop-box store, which contains 2 important files:
  • Document Checklist - Principal.docx; and
  • Document Checklist - Derivative.docx
The dropbox is located:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d6ykv9wrhiiz43z/AAD-60a_CXKBeC2UZnGewp1ga?dl=0'

I strongly suggest that all DV-2017 applicants download these two files, and make a start on compiling your interview file. This can save a lot of headaches come May next year. And if you sadly don't get selected for DV-2017, at least you'll have a lot of your documentation ready for DV-2018.

Wishing everyone all the best luck for the draw.

Hi, just a quick one.i have a friend in her last year at school. She will turn 18 in February, she wants to apply for the dv 2017. Can she apply she'll finish school in a few weeks, completed her 13th year

Hi everyone, just finished applying, for both myself n my mum. Good luck to you all out there, see you in 7 months time. I will still be lurking around from time to time. All the best to all DV 2017 applicants.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I really appreciate all the advice and guidance from sussieQQQ, Emily W and mom, thank you love you guys, you are the best. And I am genuinely shouting you a meal when I make it through, i hope you will meet me, the ship has sailed.

Hello all! I have a question for you guys. I have a friend currently living in the US, she just arrived four month ago and has started the process to apply for political asylum. Can she still apply in parallel for the DV2017?

Suggestion for all DV-2017 applicants

Our much loved forum member @EmilyW has a drop-box store, which contains 2 important files:
  • Document Checklist - Principal.docx; and
  • Document Checklist - Derivative.docx
The dropbox is located:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d6ykv9wrhiiz43z/AAD-60a_CXKBeC2UZnGewp1ga?dl=0'

I strongly suggest that all DV-2017 applicants download these two files, and make a start on compiling your interview file. This can save a lot of headaches come May next year. And if you sadly don't get selected for DV-2017, at least you'll have a lot of your documentation ready for DV-2018.

Wishing everyone all the best luck for the draw.
Thanks for the link Matt

Hello all! I have a question for you guys. I have a friend currently living in the US, she just arrived four month ago and has started the process to apply for political asylum. Can she still apply in parallel for the DV2017?

Yes she can also apply.

hello all

i am Eritrean nationality and live and born in saudi arabia

was born in saudia arabia (note i don't have saudi nationality or citizenship ) my only nationality is Eritrea
the problem is about this question # Are you claiming eligibility based on the country where you were born? YES/NO
what does this question mean ?

chose Saudi Arabia or Eritrea ?

Saudi Arabia has the chances of winning?

I won the lottery in 2015 and but case number was AF76000

and I choose Eritrea

and How many participants from Saudi Arabia

As far as I understand, you were born in Saudi Arabia and can claim that country as your eligible country.

Your nationality is irrelevant for that question.

Hi there, just thinking about the allocation of visas. How many visas do you think will be in fiji s quota in the dv 2017?, there has been a decline, few years ago there were about 853 visas but now you only get issue with about 393 visas. Why such a change?

Hi there, just thinking about the allocation of visas. How many visas do you think will be in fiji s quota in the dv 2017?, there has been a decline, few years ago there were about 853 visas but now you only get issue with about 393 visas. Why such a change?
Department of State conducts a random selection of Diversity Immigrant Visa applicants, based on allocations of available visas in each region and country, from all registered entries. So if more people from Fiji apply, there would be a higher probability of Fiji based applicants being selected from the pool of Oceania submissions. Of course, it is not guaranteed, selection is random after-all. That is the reason, you will see 0 selectees from say, Timor -Leste in 2015 lottery, even though it is one of the eligible country's in Africa.

In a nutshell, selection is by region, not country.

Hi, I'm from India born and brought up in India and my wife is born and brought up in Kenya so which country should I mention??