• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery 2014 further selection and interview location

kajarn

Registered Users (C)
I had filled DV lottery 2014 FORM from NEPAL(my home country) and also applied for second letter(further selection)from NEPAL.I am here in Australia since a month for my postgraduate .Can i give my interview from US embassy located at Sydney or should I(along with my spouse)have to go Nepal for the Interview???

If I understand correctly you have already submitted the 122/230 forms for Nepal. This can be changed to Sidney, but you would be wise to do that as soon as possible so that the new location will be used to schedule your interview.

You change the location by sending in a new set of forms (with a covering letter if you like).

In order to schedule an interview in a third country (Australia) you need to be present in Australia from the moment of sending forms to KCC until the interview.
In your case you could transfer the case to Australia, but you need to be present in Australia from the moment you request the transfer until the interview.
In order to transfer the file you need to write to Sydney (in writing, with your signature) and ask them to transfer your case there. You could do that only after your file is in Kathmandu.

In order to schedule an interview in a third country (Australia) you need to be present in Australia from the moment of sending forms to KCC until the interview.
In your case you could transfer the case to Australia, but you need to be present in Australia from the moment you request the transfer until the interview.
In order to transfer the file you need to write to Sydney (in writing, with your signature) and ask them to transfer your case there. You could do that only after your file is in Kathmandu.

Assuming his case is not yet scheduled, can't he simply send the request to change the embassy to KCC before they send it to Kathmandu????

Yes, if the case is still at KCC, he could send an update to the form DSP-122, specifically asking to send the case to Sydney, and a letter indicating he is already in Australia and plans to be there continiously until the interview. It is also good to call KCC, but a written request might be needed.

Yes, if the case is still at KCC, he could send an update to the form DSP-122, specifically asking to send the case to Sydney, and a letter indicating he is already in Australia and plans to be there continiously until the interview. It is also good to call KCC, but a written request might be needed.

Great, thanks Raevsky!

Assuming his case is not yet scheduled, can't he simply send the request to change the embassy to KCC before they send it to Kathmandu????

Yes, he can send updated forms to kCC to effect that change before his case gets scheduled. Waiting until the file is sent to Kathmandu and requesting that embassy to now forward his file to Syndey is an unnecessary complication which can lead to unnecessary delay.

His best bet is to do as you previously suggested. Send updated forms to KCC, and he doesn't need to mail in the forms. He can simply email them and include his explanation for the need to change the embassy in that email.

As I havnt got second notification letter of further selection.I think my case is still in KCC.I also called to my home country embassy, they said they havnt received my cases there.I mailed to KCC about this issue and they told me to send my change of address and proof.So i want to know, Do i Hav to mail them the both 230 and 122 form of me n my spouse??what other docs do i need to send them ??

Hey guys, I'm so happy to find this forum and hope good news for all the dv winners of 2014, I'm also a winner from congo and did send already my forms to kcc and got confirmation of them being received. I'm just trying to assemble all the docs while I'm enjoying reading everything abt previous Dv experience.

Case number: Dv2014AF00095***
Date selected: 01 May 2013
Forms sent: 22 May 2013
Forms arrived: 03 june 2013
Kcc confirmed: 13 august( via mail)

As I havnt got second notification letter of further selection.I think my case is still in KCC.I also called to my home country embassy, they said they havnt received my cases there.I mailed to KCC about this issue and they told me to send my change of address and proof.So i want to know, Do i Hav to mail them the both 230 and 122 form of me n my spouse??what other docs do i need to send them ??

I don't understand, do you need to send an update to the forms, or haven't you sent them in at all? You won't get a 2NL if they don't have your forms. Instructions of what to send are on the link on your 1NL - forms, photos, bar coded page from 1NL. Please read the instructions.

You only need to send updates. That probably means you need to send form DSP-122 only. Your name, rank number, signature and updated sections only should be filled and updated sections marked with a colored marker. Also attach a letter describing that this is an update to forms already sent.

about interview

I had filled DV lottery 2014 FORM from NEPAL(my home country) and also applied for second letter(further selection)from NEPAL.I am here in Australia since a month for my postgraduate .Can i give my interview from US embassy located at Sydney or should I(along with my spouse)have to go Nepal for the Interview???

yes i think u can give the interview there in sydney. Same thing happened to me but itwas after second letter. i got the appointment back in other country but i gave the interview in nepal later.

Second Notification and Interview

Hi all,
I have been selected for DV 2014 and I also submitted my 122/230 forms from Nepal. However, I am currently in Sweden and I knew that already so I wrote in the 122 form that I will be attending interview from Stockholm. At that time I didn't knew my Physical address in sweden so I gave my home address in Nepal. Will that have any effect? or do I need to update my address? What should I do? furthermore, How is second notification letter received? is that online as the same way we check our first notification?

Thanks
Yogesh

You'll get email saying there is an update on your file. Then you need to check the site where results announced initially. But this time, the winner letter will be replaced with your interview location and time.

Hi all,
I have been selected for DV 2014 and I also submitted my 122/230 forms from Nepal. However, I am currently in Sweden and I knew that already so I wrote in the 122 form that I will be attending interview from Stockholm. At that time I didn't knew my Physical address in sweden so I gave my home address in Nepal. Will that have any effect? or do I need to update my address? What should I do? furthermore, How is second notification letter received? is that online as the same way we check our first notification?

Thanks
Yogesh

hello

hello

everybody Please can somebody tell me when this number 2014AF00110XXXX can receive the second notification letter?

hello

everybody Please can somebody tell me when this number 2014AF00110XXXX can receive the second notification letter?

2014AF00110XXXX I'm sure u made a mistake on it !?
If its af110xxx than u will have ur interview in september2014.

I think you need to send a updated form with a cover letter about the changes you made its just that and also notify this using mail and call to KCC... no problem at all and yes most important is are u sure that during your interview time u will be in australia and will you able to bring all required documents from NEpal like police report etc if all is ok then send a updated form to KCC no harm in doing that.