• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2013

Dut

Hi,
To every one i was among the 2013 Dv lottery winners and my interview is in August, but i don't have or know anybody in USA.
What must i do pls i need help.

Hi,
To every one i was among the 2013 Dv lottery winners and my interview is in August, but i don't have or know anybody in USA.
What must i do pls i need help.

What must you do about what? What is your concern? To get the GC you do not need to know anyone in the USA but you need to be able to demonstrate that you can support yourself financially. Have you put thought into that?

dv lottery

What must you do about what? What is your concern? To get the GC you do not need to know anyone in the USA but you need to be able to demonstrate that you can support yourself financially. Have you put thought into that?

Hi britsimon what i meant was, where do i go to when i reach there who is gonna receive me, probably i need where my green card would be sent to and i don't have any,

Hi britsimon what i meant was, where do i go to when i reach there who is gonna receive me, probably i need where my green card would be sent to and i don't have any,

Well yes you will need an address of where to send the Green Card. That should be someone you can trust to hold the green card for you. If you have enough money you can prearrange a hotel to stay at upon your arrival and you might be able to use that as an address to send the Green Card - but be careful you choose a reputable hotel. Personally I would engage a lawyer to act as an agent for you and have the GC sent there.

As for who is going to receive you (and with the lack of address) it sounds like you don't have (and need to make) a serious plan. Where will you plan to live long term? Where do you plan to stay on the first night? How will you support yourself until you find a job? What sort of work will you do and how will you find a job? These are all fundamental questions - you really need to put some thought into that and perhaps plan a trip to the USA to start planning how to start your life there.

well yes you will need an address of where to send the green card. That should be someone you can trust to hold the green card for you. If you have enough money you can prearrange a hotel to stay at upon your arrival and you might be able to use that as an address to send the green card - but be careful you choose a reputable hotel. Personally i would engage a lawyer to act as an agent for you and have the gc sent there.

As for who is going to receive you (and with the lack of address) it sounds like you don't have (and need to make) a serious plan. Where will you plan to live long term? Where do you plan to stay on the first night? How will you support yourself until you find a job? What sort of work will you do and how will you find a job? These are all fundamental questions - you really need to put some thought into that and perhaps plan a trip to the usa to start planning how to start your life there.

like like :)

The hardest part of new immigrant , is the first 5 nights to spend

where are you gonna sleep in your first night ?

What are you gonna do when you gonna weak up in the morning ?

how far the hotel from the facilities and from the places where your gonna have your interests ( jobs, SSN office, super market) ?

You Should get a driver license as soon as possible, and then after you should get a car, having a car in US is very very important and it will change your life 180 degree , you will have your own Independence and you will be able to do your own shopping and look for job easily without bothering people.

You should go to any government or volunteer entity that provide help for free for new immigrant, in your first days in the US , you should as much as possible , any good information is welcomed , try to post your question in this forum and anywhere you can get a help.

Dear DV experts, recently I met a Kenyan in Texas who told me he was selected for DV 2014, completed his DS 260 form over a year later a arrived in the US in December 2015. That was a surprise to me, I thought it was too late to do it.

In the same breath, I have a friend from Kenya that was selected for DV 2013 but has not yet submitted his DS 260. Is there a possibility of her submitting the form? If so how?

Dear DV experts, recently I met a Kenyan in Texas who told me he was selected for DV 2014, completed his DS 260 form over a year later a arrived in the US in December 2015. That was a surprise to me, I thought it was too late to do it.

In the same breath, I have a friend from Kenya that was selected for DV 2013 but has not yet submitted his DS 260. Is there a possibility of her submitting the form? If so how?

No DV visas can be issued after the end of the relevant fiscal year. It's impossible for the person you met to have arrived for the first time after March 2015 - certainly he could have submitted his DS more than a year after the selection date (selection would have been May 2013) and had a late interview in 2014; the latest would have been if his visa was issued on the last day of FY2014 ie 30 Sept 2014, it would have been valid for entry till (maximum) 29 March 2015. It's possible he activated it then, went home and made a final move in Dec 2014, or you misunderstood, or he for whatever reason did not tell the truth.
Your friend unfortunately missed her chance.

I concur Ms. SusieQQQ, I had misgivings about the information the guy gave me that was contrary to what I know of the process.

Thank you.