• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv inquiry about work experince

2017 selectee

Hi everybody
First of all , i have to thank every Helpful members and this helpful forum

Ok , my entry has been selected in dv - 2017 i'm from kurdistan region in iraq
I haven't a high school certificate or a complete 12 years education ( i have only 11 )
So, i thought about two years of work experince and i have these questions :
1. I have many occupations , from 2013 until now i'm working on repairing video game consoles like ( xbox , playstation,wii , psp .. etc ) and also have 5 years of repairing computer machine and notebook PCs , but i haven't find any of thoes that meet job zone 4 , my question is are thoes occupations qualify my case ?

2. What about EDITOR occupation ? I have serched on onet online website under job zone four i have found EDITOR , i have some experince in editing videos and sounds in a company in my area , what does it requires to interview ? does it needs a certificate or just approved letter from that company saying that ( i have been worked there and i have 2 years of experince ?

3. If my question 1 answered ( yes , qualifyed) then what type of document i need to approve my experince in interview ? Because i have been worked in a normal shop in store , not in any governmental secter .

Thanks again .
I wish you the BEST

1. No
2. No

The experience has to be at a full time paid JOB - and the job has to be at a level which would normally require 2 years of training. With the way youi describe your experience I don't think you would qualify.

hi Britsimon
Thanks for your reply
But why the EDITORS occupation does not qualifying ?
You can see its level on onetonline website Search for (editors)
Job Zone : four
SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0)

Don't worry about experince and training because i have been working with that company and they support me that i have experince and worked with them ..

I don't know how to approve my occupation to embassy in the interview day , is it enough to take approved letter from my company employer with me to the interview day ?
Thank you again .

Hi susie
Thnx for reply
Yes i know that occupation in job zone three
But if you search for ( editors) you can see its job zone four
Sadly i can't post links because i'm a new member
You can see they are Almost the same , there are no big diffrence between ( video and film editor ) and ( Editors ) , i have an experince in both Occupations in our company for the years ,
I hope you see that for me
Thanks ..

Hi susie
Thnx for reply
Yes i know that occupation in job zone three
But if you search for ( editors) you can see its job zone four
Sadly i can't post links because i'm a new member
You can see they are Almost the same , there are no big diffrence between ( video and film editor ) and ( Editors ) , i have an experince in both Occupations in our company for the years ,
I hope you see that for me
Thanks ..

Actually the difference between editors and film and video editor looked very big to me when I read the job descriptions. But, it's clear from this thread that you want confirmation of what you plan to do rather than objective advice, so there's little point in me posting anything else. Just be aware that the hundreds of dollars you will spend on medicals and the visa interview fee will not be refunded if (when) you get denied a visa.

Thank you verry much
Thats all right because i have my own occupation i mean ( vedio game and entertainment and electronical machine repairer ) and its my hobby :)
I have /had no plan , because i have selected qualifying by high school diploma ( 12 years )
I,m now in 12 class again , because i couldn't passed the 12 class exam :(

After couple weeks of sadness , i checked my entry and sow that i'm selected
This is my first entry so i don't what to lose ..
After selection i thought about work experince ..

Thank you, you have replied my questions , just remaining one question :
How to approve my work experince in the interview day ? What type of document i need ?

Thanks alot

Thank you verry much
Thats all right because i have my own occupation i mean ( vedio game and entertainment and electronical machine repairer ) and its my hobby :)
I have /had no plan , because i have selected qualifying by high school diploma ( 12 years )
I,m now in 12 class again , because i couldn't passed the 12 class exam :(

After couple weeks of sadness , i checked my entry and sow that i'm selected
This is my first entry so i don't what to lose ..
After selection i thought about work experince ..

Thank you, you have replied my questions , just remaining one question :
How to approve my work experince in the interview day ? What type of document i need ?

Thanks alot

Please read what we are saying otherwise you will get yourself refused.

Having "some experince in editing videos and sounds in a company in my area" does NOT make you an editor. And even if it did it would be a video editor, which doesn't meet the requirements.

If you are retaking year 12 you are MUCH better off in delaying the DV process until you have met the educational requirement. To delay, DO NOT submit your DS260 for now.

Dear Britsimon
Completely understood now , thanks aton , i will do all i can ..

Also thank you Susie , thats helpful
Have a nice time ;)

Hello once again !
I have another question so help please

1. When i sow occupations in onetonline website in every occupation i see education requirement at a high level !

When i follow qualifying by work experience that means i'm not met education requirements that requires 12 years of school , i only completed 11 years .

So, when i find the correct occupation i see the education level requires :
Bechalore,s degree
Some collage, no degree
Associate,s degree

BUT HOW !
When you haven't completed 12 years of primary and secondary and high school , HOW you can inter univeristy and get bechalore,s certificate or go to collage ?

2. You must have that three education requeriments or just one ?

2. What does ( Percentage of Respondents ) means ?
in some occupations it appears as ( Not Available ) does this means that it won't need that requirement ?
For example :
Percentage of Respondents
Not available Bachelor's degree
Not available Associate's degree
Not available Post-secondary certificate

Does this means that no education required ?

Thanks again .

Hello once again !
I have another question so help please

1. When i sow occupations in onetonline website in every occupation i see education requirement at a high level !

When i follow qualifying by work experience that means i'm not met education requirements that requires 12 years of school , i only completed 11 years .

So, when i find the correct occupation i see the education level requires :
Bechalore,s degree
Some collage, no degree
Associate,s degree

BUT HOW !
When you haven't completed 12 years of primary and secondary and high school , HOW you can inter univeristy and get bechalore,s certificate or go to collage ?

2. You must have that three education requeriments or just one ?

2. What does ( Percentage of Respondents ) means ?
in some occupations it appears as ( Not Available ) does this means that it won't need that requirement ?
For example :
Percentage of Respondents
Not available Bachelor's degree
Not available Associate's degree
Not available Post-secondary certificate

Does this means that no education required ?

Thanks again .

You are confusing education with work experience. They are two different ways of qualifying for DV.

http://britsimonsays.com/education-or-work-experience-qualifying-for-the-dv-lottery/

Wow ! Fast reply thank you
Dear Simon i have red that helpful information from you many times completely ,
But ..
For ex : let's talk about my case again shortly
I don't met qualifying through education because i have completed 11 years and it requires 12 years ,
When i want to qualify through work experience , i will enter Onetonline website and search for my occupation ( for ex Editors )
I see it meets requirements its job zone four , and i have all it wants
Excluding Education task!

It requires bechalore's degree
You can see in the link
http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/27-3041.00

Please inform me what shall i do to my case
Thanks

But ..
I don't met qualifying through education because i have completed 11 years and it requires 12 years ,
When i want to qualify through work experience , i will enter Onetonline website and search for my occupation ( for ex Editors )

You can see in the link

Thanks

Stop getting hung up on what the usual education requirements for the jobs are. Look at your job title of what you do, then look it up on onet, see if the tasks / job description matches what you do, then look to see if it is the right job zone and SPV. It is more difficult to qualify on work experience precisely because the right zone jobs usually require degrees, however it is possible that some people do those jobs anyway without degrees because they have enough experience or other qualifications were accepted by their employer.

But ..

You can see in the link

Thanks

You will not qualify as an editor based on what you have previously said.

Wow , special news here !
Thanks Susie
Sounds like that if someone had no education ( i mean school/univeristy) he can qualify from his employer by supporting and approving him , and with other supported documnts to his occupation his case will be stronger
Right ?

OK, you don't seem to want to listen to anything that doesn't fit what you want to believe.

You said you did some video editing for a company. THat does not sound like you had a full time job doing that. You would need to show full time work history doing that job, with some explanation of how you got there. IF you could provide THAT level of experience proof, you would align (possibly) to the link below - which does not meet the requirements.

http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/27-4032.00

Wow , special news here !
Thanks Susie
Sounds like that if someone had no education ( i mean school/univeristy) he can qualify from his employer by supporting and approving him , and with other supported documnts to his occupation his case will be stronger
Right ?

Usually someone qualifying like this will have many more than 2 years experience, to compensate for the lack of degree though. I'm not sure what you mean by his "employer" "approving" him. The onus is on you to show you qualify. Obviously the officer will be very sceptical if the documents come from a business that is self employed or a family business and it will be much more valuable if it comes from a large company where they can be sure the documents are objective.

But to repeat what both Simon and I have said before, from what you have said before there is no way you will qualify as an editor. Did you read the tasks? Nothing like what you said you do.

Dear simon
Thats right because i had no time to explain what i have worked , my employer can fully support me as an editor because i done every tasks in that occupation in the last about three years for my employer
He of course gives my all required supported documents .
Again sorry for my first post just i wanted to ask if there are someone who had some experience in editing videos , I does not mean myself
and Sorry to delay the answer , my tab was closed by mistake

Dear simon
Thats right because i had no time to explain what i have worked , my employer can fully support me as an editor because i done every tasks in that occupation in the last about three years for my employer
He of course gives my all required supported documents .
Again sorry for my first post just i wanted to ask if there are someone who had some experience in editing videos , I does not mean myself
and Sorry to delay the answer , my tab was closed by mistake

OK - good luck.