• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Fee: when to pay, and what to do...

droopycom

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

1) When should one pay the DV fee to the State Department ?
2) What should one do with the receipt?

I've read different things, on this forum, in particular someone said you should include the DV Fee along with the I-485 application, another one said you should keep it for the interview.

Which is true ??

Bonus question: How to confirm whatever people say on this forum?

Thanks

droopycom said:
Hi,

1) When should one pay the DV fee to the State Department ?
2) What should one do with the receipt?

I've read different things, on this forum, in particular someone said you should include the DV Fee along with the I-485 application, another one said you should keep it for the interview.

Which is true ??

Bonus question: How to confirm whatever people say on this forum?

Thanks

Hi Droopycom,

1. You pay the DV fee any time BEFORE filing for AOS (I-485).

2. Make a COPY of receipt and include it in your AOS package (by the way, always only send copies and not originals, those you'll take at the interview, not because it's a rule but simply because they DO lose documents and files far too frequently)

3. Keep original DV receipt in a safe place 'cause you'll have to give it to the officer at the interview.

4. I can only speak from my own direct experience.

And if interested in more details about the AOS process here's my complete report:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=229911

Good luck

Barbara

Hi there,

If you are doing AOS then they will ask you abt.the receipt at the time of interview for must.

There are so many folks including me who paid DV fee before submitting I-485 it is not necessary however the idea is to submit a well prepared complete case that will make adjudicating process as smooth as possible.This is just a matter of choice.Let me tell you one more reason to pay fee in advance,there might be a possible correlation with a fee payment and a smooth visa number transfer from DOS to USCIS.

In second case one should at least pay the fee and get receipt before going to interview as this will prevent any further delays.

Bonus question: This forum is best place to get the best info.....