• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV embassy interview question

domduro

Registered Users (C)
I have been invited for DV2013 embassy interview.
How much time elapses between the interview and getting the entry permit stamp and (importantly)the
passport returned to me?

My appointment is at 0800 on the day and I have a plane to catch that night for
a business trip.

I have been invited for DV2013 embassy interview.
How much time elapses between the interview and getting the entry permit stamp and (importantly)the
passport returned to me?

My appointment is at 0800 on the day and I have a plane to catch that night for
a business trip.

I understand it takes a few days minimum to get your passport back (unless you are denied of course). I imagine you could arrange to pick up the passport rather than waiting for it to be mailed, but expecting it to be handed back the same day doesn't sound possible....

The earliest I've heard is next day. Do you need your passport for your trip?

It's not just a case of printing the visa, they need to prepare your pack to give to you as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do your interview instructions tell you? Mine very bluntly said "Do NOT make travel plans outside of Canada" because our passport would be returned later. No time frame specified.

Do you have another passport you can travel on?

If your trip is a short one, just let the consulate know that you will be traveling soon. You will be able to take your passport with you right after the interview but you will have to send it back for them to process your case. Ask them for instructions on how to send a document to the embassy as this is different from country to country.

It is possible to get your passport back on the same day. It just depends on the staff at the consulate.

it takes around 7 days normally!

I don't think the OP is still interested in a response, the question was posted over a year ago and has been answered accordingly! And anyway, your 7 days' response is not quite accurate. Rate of response is embassy dependent, some take more some take lesser days to return the passport.

I don't think the OP is still interested in a response, the question was posted over a year ago and has been answered accordingly! And anyway, your 7 days' response is not quite accurate. Rate of response is embassy dependent, some take more some take lesser days to return the passport.
as you see i'm a new user here, sorry, i thought i could help ;)