• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv Educational Requirements

Aus85

Hello

I left school after completing the 10th grade. I am in my mid 30's now and I have completed a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) and 2 other post graduate courses (P grad Cert and P grad Diploma) from an Australian university.

I never ended up completing high school though. Do I still meet the requirements for applying for the DV lottery?

Thanks

Aus85

Hello

I left school after completing the 10th grade. I am in my mid 30's now and I have completed a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) and 2 other post graduate courses (P grad Cert and P grad Diploma) from an Australian university.

I never ended up completing high school though. Do I still meet the requirements for applying for the DV lottery?

Thanks

Aus85

The answer is, maybe.

The point of qualification has been wriiten as being US High School graduation - and you could think of that as the point at which someone gained enough elementary and secondary education to be able to to enter a US college (University) without sitting an entrance exam. Some COs have been know to stick to that interpretation - even when presented with Higher degrees. So - on that basis there is some risk.

The situation got a little better a few months ago when the rulebook was updated to say "at least" that standard - which some would interpret to mean a Higher level degree would satisfy the standard.

In reality, it is a matter for each embassy to assess - and each CO in turn will make their assessment.

However, perhaps you have work experience at a high enough level to qualify?

I never finished high school either, but got through with my bachelor's degree. I was a little concerned to be honest, but in the end it was fine, at least for me. Your mileage may vary depending on the interviewing officer.

Otherwise, as Simon said, look at the work experience options.