• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Somali Winners

Kamal Moha

I am Kamal & I have made this thread to create a community of DV 2023 Somali Winners. I would like to use this thread to share any DV related issues and share any tips that can help a brother/sister out there.

Most of us are assigned to Nairobi Embassy as it's our default embassy and as you guys know, the Nairobi embassy doesn't recognize any official Qualifications from Somalia, especially Education certificates, and because of this many of us are deprived of our once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Let's take this forum to get advice from DV experts like @Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ on what we can do to solve this absurd problem.

Feel free to share anything related to DV and let's help one another in this journey to America.

It is a serious problem. Not that it helps, but it is not the Nairobi embassy being obstructive, it is the official Dept of State guidelines. It is totally not your fault, but the US government is unable to verify documents out of Somalia.

the introduction to this section notes
Although the United States formally recognized the new government of Somalia on January 17, 2013, there continues to be no recognized competent civil authority to issue civil documents. The Government of Somalia ceased to exist in December of 1990, and the country underwent a destructive and brutal civil war, in the course of which most records were destroyed. Those few records not destroyed are in the hands of private individuals or are otherwise not retrievable. There are no circumstances under which immigrant visa applicants can reasonably be expected to recover original documents held by the former government of Somalia.