• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 question

DVBoy88

Hello guys! well i'm new to this forum and would like to wish everyone good luck for may 2nd :p. I just want to clear a doubt that I am having for a long time... In my application I have said that I have a high school diploma. I studied in UK and my qualification is equivalent to a high school diploma but i'm not too sure whether it will be taken as a high school diploma by the kcc officer if I were to be selected.:confused:. I am finishing my bachelors degree next month 24th.. I just want to know whether I can change the education to degree in the future forms if I were to be selected? :)

Hello guys! well i'm new to this forum and would like to wish everyone good luck for may 2nd :p. I just want to clear a doubt that I am having for a long time... In my application I have said that I have a high school diploma. I studied in UK and my qualification is equivalent to a high school diploma but i'm not too sure whether it will be taken as a high school diploma by the kcc officer if I were to be selected.:confused:. I am finishing my bachelors degree next month 24th.. I just want to know whether I can change the education to degree in the future forms if I were to be selected? :)

That's all you need to qualify to meet the high school equivalent. A degree is good to have but you must first meet the 12 years of elementary and high school.

that means if for some reasons the equivilancy is not compatible then I cant meet the requirements with a degree?

No you cannot meet the requirement with a degree but as BritSimon says below high school is confusing especially in the UK..

...The term High school is confusing. For instance, in the UK where I was educated, “High school” ended at 16 years old – and that would NOT be sufficient to meet the DV requirement. In UK terms a child would have to attend 2 further years of education beyond 16 years old (receiving “A levels”) to be qualified to enter a University – and that is the level required therefore. Other countries will have other standards – and each embassy is able to set the level required based on their understanding.

I have GNVQ (General National Vocational Qualification) in Business and IT ( Foundation and Intermediate) which is equivalant to 5 GCSES etc. I also have a D for maths and E for english.. I have done 2 A levels. Business studies I got a D and ICT I have a C. I entered University and started from foundation and next month may I will be finishing my degree.. Will I have a problem?

I have GNVQ (General National Vocational Qualification) in Business and IT ( Foundation and Intermediate) which is equivalant to 5 GCSES etc. I also have a D for maths and E for english.. I have done 2 A levels. Business studies I got a D and ICT I have a C. I entered University and started from foundation and next month may I will be finishing my degree.. Will I have a problem?

Yes, that education would probably not meet the standard required. But again. You aren't selected yet - so there is no point in stressing about this.