• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2018 photo

Econitek

Hello, I took my own photo for the application and I'm fairly certain that it does meet most if not all of the requirements. However for scanned photos they require the photos to be 2x2in and my photos (not scanned, taken with a digital camera and resized using the tools they provided to properly place the head,etc) was 8x8in but still 600x600px. Am I supposedly safe should I happen to be selected for further processing?

So to summarise my digital photo frame size is 8x8in not 2x2in but it meets all other requirements (proper background, clear head placed correctly and 600x600px), am I in the clear? Or am I outta luck this year?

Thank you in advance

Hello, I took my own photo for the application and I'm fairly certain that it does meet most if not all of the requirements. However for scanned photos they require the photos to be 2x2in and my photos (not scanned, taken with a digital camera and resized using the tools they provided to properly place the head,etc) was 8x8in but still 600x600px. Am I supposedly safe should I happen to be selected for further processing?

So to summarise my digital photo frame size is 8x8in not 2x2in but it meets all other requirements (proper background, clear head placed correctly and 600x600px), am I in the clear? Or am I outta luck this year?

Thank you in advance

Hi Eco,

I think if the system accepted your photo, then you are good at least for the application to be accepted. At this point you cant go back and make any changes. Just wait until May and check if your are selected. Probably others that are expert with photos can add more info to your question.

Hi Eco,

I think if the system accepted your photo, then you are good at least for the application to be accepted. At this point you cant go back and make any changes. Just wait until May and check if your are selected. Probably others that are expert with photos can add more info to your question.

Thanks for your reply, I'm just confused as in the website it only states the 2x2in requirement in scanned photos and not digital ones which I've assumed to be the case when I applied. I would like however to be reassured of this as it worries me that I'll be getting my documents for nothing should I get selected for further processing which I know is unlikely.

Do they really pay much attention to the pictures provided in the initial entry anyway provided that the photo validator accepts it? Im assuming that it's not the picture that's used in your visa anyway (correct?) So the only need I presume it's that it reflects your current appearance?

Last edited:
I've also used the tool provided in the official website to crop my photo (the one where you place your head in-between the two ovals) if that matters? Hopefully someone with a bit of an experience with the program can fill me in if I did nothing wrong (or majorly wrong?) And if I still have a decent chance of passing the interview if I get to that stage anyway.

I've also used the tool provided in the official website to crop my photo (the one where you place your head in-between the two ovals) if that matters? Hopefully someone with a bit of an experience with the program can fill me in if I did nothing wrong (or majorly wrong?) And if I still have a decent chance of passing the interview if I get to that stage anyway.

If you used the photo tool provided by the department of state and followed their instructions, then you are fine and you can relax. This is my third time applying using the photo tool on my pictures and my application for each year is accepted with no problems. Don't worry or think about interviews because you need to get selected first and chances are very low at 1%. Try to relax and continue with your normal activities in your country :)

If you used the photo tool provided by the department of state and followed their instructions, then you are fine and you can relax. This is my third time applying using the photo tool on my pictures and my application for each year is accepted with no problems. Don't worry or think about interviews because you need to get selected first and chances are very low at 1%. Try to relax and continue with your normal activities in your country :)

Well this is reassuring, thanks buddy.

For sheez! All these stress over a lottery process. Get selected first please.

I know I'm overreacting haha but getting the required documents and then translating them to English will take significant time and effort where I live as most institutions are located very far off. I just wanted to know if I should bother.

It's all academic now that the lottery has closed. Just sit back and forget about it for a few months, guys.

Even after selection, you won't be interviewed for another 5 months (at a minimum, and assuming you get a low case number).

I know I'm overreacting haha but getting the required documents and then translating them to English will take significant time and effort where I live as most institutions are located very far off. I just wanted to know if I should bother.

IF you get selected you will have somewhere between 5 and 17 months to do all that. Just relax and forget about the lottery until May.