• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I didn't include my CN in the AOS check. Would it be a problem?

Hopefully not. Including the CN makes it easier for them to identify which case/petitioner the check belongs to in the event it gets accidentally separated from the AOS package before it gets processed.

Hi every one

I am asking this for the second time. Has anybody been in Albuquerque FO. I just need some idea about this FO.
Thnaks

Hi Sm1smom,
First, I am immensely thankful for your continuous selfless help to all the AoS applicants like me.
I am writing to look for your suggestions on the translation of few documents. My birth certificate, high school, and bachelors certificate are written both my language and in English. In the first half of the certificate, everything is in my language while in the second half everything is translated into English. Do you think I need to translate my certificates separately?

Thank you.

Hi Sm1smom,
First, I am immensely thankful for your continuous selfless help to all the AoS applicants like me.
I am writing to look for your suggestions on the translation of few documents. My birth certificate, high school, and bachelors certificate are written both my language and in English. In the first half of the certificate, everything is in my language while in the second half everything is translated into English. Do you think I need to translate my certificates separately?

Thank you.

My take is they need to be translated. I posted a couple of posts in response to this same question from forum members a couple of pages back - here’s one of such:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-78#post-2468921

Hi all,

I have questions on check payment. There are two fees need to be paid, 1. is $330 DV fee per person. 2. is i485 fee $1225 per person.

Question is
1 can i use personal check to pay DV $330 fee?
2 I have total of two people to file, can I write in one check of $660? Or I should separate into two.
3. For i-485 fee, I can use personal check, correct? And it would be better to separate into two checks,right?

Thank you all

Hi all,

I have questions on check payment. There are two fees need to be paid, 1. is $330 DV fee per person. 2. is i485 fee $1225 per person.

Question is
1 can i use personal check to pay DV $330 fee?
2 I have total of two people to file, can I write in one check of $660? Or I should separate into two.
3. For i-485 fee, I can use personal check, correct? And it would be better to separate into two checks,right?

Thank you all

1. No
2. Yes combined payment
3. Yes. Yes.

Hello every one,

I want to send the 330 dollar DV fee. I know that it is very straighforward but I just want to make sure if I am not missing anything. Here are the documents that I am preparing:
1) I need to get a money order for 330 dollars.
2) In money order, I need to write "pay to" the U.S. Department of State and its address. Also my name and address in "from" part of the money order. In addition, I want to include my DV number in the memo.
3) Prepare an envelope which contains my address and have been stamped
4) Fill the DV fee receipt which I have received by email from KCC. In DV fee receipt I need to write my information which are my name, address, and DV number

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

You can both answer "No". APTC does not constitute government assistance. Being enrolled in CHIP without filing a claim also does not constitute receiving government assistance.
Hi mom,
1. should the parents answer Yes to this question, when the claimants/beneficiaries of public assistance are citizen children ?
2. I would like to understand wether the stonger basis for answering No to the OP is the absence of claim or the fact that the children are citizen?
Thanks.