• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi, I have a quick question. I tried searching for an answer in the spreadsheet or online but didn't find anything.

When should I pay the USCIS fee? I know and see the clear instructions for the DV fee, but not for the 1250$ USCIS?

Thanks a lot!

AOS fee gets sent in with the AOS package.

You should put the check in your AOS package.
Thank you very much!

Also, I just want to make sure, even though I am a full-time student on F1 visa, I would need to get Advanced Parole in order to leave the country, once my package is sent?

Thank you!

Thank you very much!

Also, I just want to make sure, even though I am a full-time student on F1 visa, I would need to get Advanced Parole in order to leave the country, once my package is sent?

Thank you!

No you don’t need an AP in order to leave the US, however, if you plan on traveling out of the US while your AOS petition is being processed, it is highly recommended you have an approved AP on hand before leaving the US. If you re-enter the US without an approved AP card, your AOS petition will be considered abandoned.

There's a handful of people in the "2018 timelines" spreadsheet that sent AOS packages before 10/01/2017, and 1 or 2 that did early filling after the start of FY18. If you're reading this forum, are there any updates in your cases?
Also as general remark to all AOSers that are sharing their timelines: please remember to update the spreadsheet :)

So, basically I do need it to re-enter?
And just a question on the wording, the AOS petition is beginning to being processed once I send the package?

Thank you so much!

So, basically I do need it to re-enter?
And just a question on the wording, the AOS petition is beginning to being processed once I send the package?

Thank you so much!

Technically speaking you don’t “need” it to re-enter. You can re-enter on your current visa if you like. You can be readmitted without an approved AP card, however your AOS petition would be considered at that point and subsequently denied.

On a side note, I hope you’re aware of the downsides on gaining entry with an AP card. If you don’t, I suggest you take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet where this is further discussed.

An AOS petition is considered under processing once the package is accepted by the Chicago Lockbox (even if no action takes place on it for the next couple of months/years) - acceptance is evidenced by issuance of the NOA.

Hello,

I am DV selectee. and I am waiting for my number to be current.
I am a PhD student and I have my BS and MS degrees documents.
-do i need my diploma degree document?
-Is there any special group for Persians that i can join?

Hello,

I am DV selectee. and I am waiting for my number to be current.
I am a PhD student and I have my BS and MS degrees documents.
-do i need my diploma degree document?
-Is there any special group for Persians that i can join?

It's always a good idea to have the HS Diploma also.

There's a handful of people in the "2018 timelines" spreadsheet that sent AOS packages before 10/01/2017, and 1 or 2 that did early filling after the start of FY18. If you're reading this forum, are there any updates in your cases?
Also as general remark to all AOSers that are sharing their timelines: please remember to update the spreadsheet :)

We gave up on trying to get our case reopened after it was confused with FY2017, decided to submit a new package, we're currently waiting for biometrics letter.

Hi All,

We paid the DV fee ($660 for 2) for 2018. All we got back as receipt is the form we sent with "PAID" stamped on the bottom. That's the only receipt or the proof of payment?

Thank you for your response

We gave up on trying to get our case reopened after it was confused with FY2017, decided to submit a new package, we're currently waiting for biometrics letter.

You probably wouldn't be scheduled for another bio since your last bio under 6 months.

Hello again,

Got a few questions straight forward if anyone could help me. So I read the spreadsheet and just waiting for my CN to be current as I have the 2NL from KCC ( They sent me 2 papers through email 1 for payment fee and 2nd showing that I want to file AOS. )

1. If for example, let's say for example my Visa bulletin won't hit 25,000 my CN number until September next year, then it means there is no need to file AOS package, and if it does hit that number in August, means I will have only 1 month to send my AOS package and pay all the fees and take medical exam, So in this case I will wait until April to see some progression and start preparing all the documents so I can send before September right? So I won't lose money?

2. I am eligible for AOS, but if I won't pass my interview will I lose my status f1? Because I am going to start my masters in March of 2018. I am afraid that since I applied ds260 and my CN number won't be current until September of the next year that I lose my status, or if I sent AOS package in April and my CN 25000 still won't be current that I still lose my status and will be terminated from my university. I am confused what to do. Please help

Thanks

Hello again,

Got a few questions straight forward if anyone could help me. So I read the spreadsheet and just waiting for my CN to be current as I have the 2NL from KCC ( They sent me 2 papers through email 1 for payment fee and 2nd showing that I want to file AOS. )

1. If for example, let's say for example my Visa bulletin won't hit 25,000 my CN number until September next year, then it means there is no need to file AOS package, and if it does hit that number in August, means I will have only 1 month to send my AOS package and pay all the fees and take medical exam, So in this case I will wait until April to see some progression and start preparing all the documents so I can send before September right? So I won't lose money?

2. I am eligible for AOS, but if I won't pass my interview will I lose my status f1? Because I am going to start my masters in March of 2018. I am afraid that since I applied ds260 and my CN number won't be current until September of the next year that I lose my status, or if I sent AOS package in April and my CN 25000 still won't be current that I still lose my status and will be terminated from my university. I am confused what to do. Please help

Thanks

1. The earliest you'll be able to send your AOS package will be two months before the actual current month. Assuming your CN is likely to become current in September (going by your above scenario), you will find out when the VB comes out in July and you should be able to file then. However, assuming your CN is EU25xxx, I expect that CN to become current before then. Don't ask me when though, I'm unable to tell you when you'll become current, you'll have to keep an eye on the VB and decide on when to start preparing your package.

2. You will not loose your F1 status if you're unable to complete your AOS process by the end of the FY, provided you did not use an AOS based EAD or AP card to work or travel back into the US. You will simply revert back to your F1 status at the end if your AOS petition is not successful.

1. The earliest you'll be able to send your AOS package will be two months before the actual current month. Assuming your CN is likely to become current in September (going by your above scenario), you will find out when the VB comes out in July and you should be able to file then. However, assuming your CN is EU25xxx, I expect that CN to become current before then. Don't ask me when though, I'm unable to tell you when you'll become current, you'll have to keep an eye on the VB and decide on when to start preparing your package.

2. You will not loose your F1 status if you're unable to complete your AOS process by the end of the FY, provided you did not use an AOS based EAD or AP card to work or travel back into the US. You will simply revert back to your F1 status at the end if your AOS petition is not successful.

Thank you for fast response.

I will keep an eye on my VB then, seems like I will have enough time to make a medical exam, pay the fee and prepare my AOS package and it seems like I don't have to worry until FEB or March right ?

What do you think about my plan ?:)

Thank you for fast response.

I will keep an eye on my VB then, seems like I will have enough time to make a medical exam, pay the fee and prepare my AOS package and it seems like I don't have to worry until FEB or March right ?

What do you think about my plan ?:)

Like I said keep an eye on the VB.

Hello!!
We have our biometrics appointment on nov 8 2017. My wife wants to travel to home country after that. Currently we are on h1-b visa. How safe is Traveling after biometrics ?? Please advise.

Hi Mom,

I have recently submitted my OPT application and it is currently being processed by USCIS. My CN for AOS will be current in Dec. I know that after I apply my status will be adjustment pending, so if I apply before my OPT is finalized and I receive my EAD card, would it mean that in case of rejection for AOS I would no longer be eligible to receive my F1-OPT?

You have answered similar questions before but I just wanted to verify with you if the fact that the OPT papers are already in, makes any difference with regards to a fall back option.

P.S. Sorry I had posted this question on the wrong thread before i.e. DV All Selectees

Hello!!
We have our biometrics appointment on nov 8 2017. My wife wants to travel to home country after that. Currently we are on h1-b visa. How safe is Traveling after biometrics ?? Please advise.

Admission or re-admission into the US is never guaranteed, it’s always at the discretion of the CBP officer at the POE, except for USC.

As for the impact of the trip on the AOS petition itsel, it shouldn’t have an impact but I can’t say that with 100% certainty. It depends on where home country is, it depends on places where your wife will be visiting, it depends on what her travel pattern is, it depends on if the IO can use that to determine she’s not actually living with you in the US, but only visits which would have made her ineligible for AOS. It depends on a lot of things. It depends on the IO.

So again, how urgent is your wife’s trip? Is it a matter of life and death? Can it wait?