• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Yes, I agree - from a DV perspective this is presumably the best of the worst case scenarios. The question then become potential work authorization options for the wife, if and when her Canadian employer wishes to transfer her to the US on a NIV. It would still be important to know about any Iranian nexus of the spouse and child, who hold Canadian citizenship. If there were no direct nexus here, the whole situation concerning FTJ would become easier to assess and the AoS process of the husband would become the critical path in terms of successfully completing processing under DV for all family members.
Sorry what is the "nexus"?

I was already aware of the content of the email KCC sends out when people request to change from one process option to the other before recommending you contact KCC (again) and request for them to unlock all the forms to enable you make the necessary changes on them.

The interview location on the form cannot be changed but you need to unlock your form and change
1.Your current address to reflect your US address - I’m assuming you changed it before to a Canadian address when you decided to process CP.

2. Your wife and son’s forms must clearly reflect their Canadian address as their current address.

3. I’m not sure if the current DS260 still has a section for indicating if your family members are immigrating with you or processing FTJ - the old form has that option. If your form has that you need to indicate so.

You need to make the judgment call if the forms need to be unlocked or not. Regardless, you need to inform KCC if you’re changing your processing option and be sure you get a response acknowledging their awareness of your decision.

1- On my DS260 the current address is my US address. No I didn't change that to Canadian address when I decided to process CP.

2- My wife and son forms has the Canadian address as their current address.

3- I don't believe there is anywhere on DS260 for FTJ. there is only one question for spouse and child which says "
Is your spouse (child) immigrating to the U.S.with you and I have answered Yes which should still apply for FTJ

Hi Mom,

I have recently submitted my OPT application and it is currently being processed by USCIS. My CN for AOS will be current in Dec. I know that after I apply my status will be adjustment pending, so if I apply before my OPT is finalized and I receive my EAD card, would it mean that in case of rejection for AOS I would no longer be eligible to receive my F1-OPT?

You have answered similar questions before but I just wanted to verify with you if the fact that the OPT papers are already in, makes any difference with regards to a fall back option.

I recommend posting AOS related questions on the AOS thread only please. @Seant’s situation is rather complicated, hence the ongoing AOS or CP discussion.

1- On my DS260 the current address is my US address. No I didn't change that to Canadian address when I decided to process CP.

2- My wife and son forms has the Canadian address as their current address.

3- I don't believe there is anywhere on DS260 for FTJ. there is only one question for spouse and child which says "
Is your spouse (child) immigrating to the U.S.with you and I have answered Yes which should still apply for FTJ

Okay, email KCC and make it clear your wife and son are now processing CP as FTJ while you continue with AOS if you’ve decided to go along that route.

Okay, thank you MOM. I really appreciate all of you guys help. What you do is amazing. I will prepare an email for KCC over the weekend.
Best,

Now these are all going to be hypothetical questions,
1- as my AOS being processed is she able to apply for TN through work?
2- At which point she looses her eligibility for TN? Is it at the point that I receive GC?
3- if she is on TN and lets say that I get the GC and I sponsor them (FTJ didn't work), is she able to continue working as TN? is she able to enter/exit the US freely?

Now these are all going to be hypothetical questions,
1- as my AOS being processed is she able to apply for TN through work?
2- At which point she looses her eligibility for TN? Is it at the point that I receive GC?
3- if she is on TN and lets say that I get the GC and I sponsor them (FTJ didn't work), is she able to continue working as TN? is she able to enter/exit the US freely?

1. Yes

2. Her TN petition is completely independent of your AOS/GC process. Your having a GC has nothing to do with her TN petition approval.

3. Yes she’s able to continue working on TN. She will need to have an approved AP card on hand while her AOS is pending if she plans on traveling during the process. If she leaves the US during the process without an approved AP, her AOS will be considered abandoned.

Hi Mom !
I was selected for the lottery and I had quite a basic question that I am sure you answered before but I could not find the answer.
I filled the Form I-485 ( for CP packages) online.
Did I have to mail it to KCC ? And, Is there anything else I need for fill ?
I checked online and it says that I have a list of documents to fill, so I'm pretty sure I have to fill the Forms G-325A, I-693n I-94 and I-601.
How much time do I have to fill them ? Do I need to send the whole package somewhere ?

Thank you !!!

Last edited:
Hi Mom !
I was selected for the lottery and I had quite a basic question that I am sure you answered before but I could not find the answer.
I filled the Form I-485 ( for CP packages) online.
Did I have to mail it to KCC ? And, Is there anything else I need for fill ?
I checked online and it says that I have a list of documents to fill, so I'm pretty sure I have to fill the Forms G-325A, I-693n I-94 and I-601.
How much time do I have to fill them ? Do I need to send the whole package somewhere ?

Thank you !!!

I find your post rather confusing, so I’m not quite sure how to answer your question. You filled out an I-485 for CP as in Consular Processing????

Let’s start from the beginning - are you processing AOS or CP?

I find your post rather confusing, so I’m not quite sure how to answer your question. You filled out an I-485 for CP as in Consular Processing????

Let’s start from the beginning - are you processing AOS or CP?
Sorry for the confusing post.
I am processing CP since I am living in Europe right now. And I have filled the DS260. I was wondering if there was any document I had to fill / mail after filling the DS-260.

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusing post.
I am processing CP since I am living in Europe right now. And I have filled the DS260. I was wondering if there was any document I had to fill / mail after filling the DS-260.

If you’re processing CP, you have no business with all the other forms you listed in your first post. DS260 is the only form you’re required to fill and submit for CP.

If you’re processing CP, you have no business with all the other forms you listed in your first post. DS260 is the only form you’re required to fill and submit for CP.
Oh, Ok! I was stressing over nothing :)
And thank you for your quick answer !

Im 2018AF42XXX. Just checked the passport photo i submitted for my 1 year old daughter during the entry. The image is clear and is on a white background. However, a black bed where she was sitted on is also visible in the background. Will i be penalized for this during the interview? Can it lead to a denial?

Oh, Ok! I was stressing over nothing :)
And thank you for your quick answer !
One last tiny question.
When I filled the DS620 form, I was asked to list all the visas I had over the years which I did, since I was a student there and worked in the U.S too as part of my OPT following graduation ( I was granted an EAD card).

As a result I was quite confused when I filled the visa part of the DS620 form : there was no possibility for me to list the number of my EAD card. So, I gave the number of my F-1 visa I had at the time I got my EAD card.

My question is that : was there a part where I could have listed my EAD card number or was I right to list my F-1 visa number ?
Thanks and sorry for the disturbance.

Last edited:
Im 2018AF42XXX. Just checked the passport photo i submitted for my 1 year old daughter during the entry. The image is clear and is on a white background. However, a black bed where she was sitted on is also visible in the background. Will i be penalized for this during the interview? Can it lead to a denial?

No and no.

One last tiny question.
When I filled the DS620 form, I was asked to list all the visas I had over the years which I did, since I was a student there and worked in the U.S too as part of my OPT following graduation ( I was granted an EAD card).

As a result I was quite confused when I filled the visa part of the DS620 form : there was no possibility for me to list the number of my EAD card. So, I gave the number of my F-1 visa I had at the time I got my EAD card.

My question is that : was there a part where I could have listed my EAD card number or was I right to list my F-1 visa number ?
Thanks and sorry for the disturbance.

A visa is the document that authorities an admission into the US. An EAD card does not authorize admission, it has nothing to do with the requirements to list all the visas previously held.