• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

@SusieQQQ , @Sm1smom kindly help me here; I lost the confirmation page of DV-2019 registration, due to session time out. All because I had a phone and by the time I returned to capture the confirmation it was time out...Kindly assist me anyway I can retrieve this confirmation number

Thank you

Wait until DV 2019 results are released next year in May. You'll use the lost/forgot confirmation number button to retrieve the number.

@SusieQQQ , @Sm1smom kindly help me here; I lost the confirmation page of DV-2019 registration, due to session time out. All because I had a phone and by the time I returned to capture the confirmation it was time out...Kindly assist me anyway I can retrieve this confirmation number

Thank you

Mom told you what to do ...

...and a reminder to everyone else to take a screenshot as soon as you get the confirmation number up.

Hello
1. I am a winner of Dv 2018. My case number is 2018AFXXX37XXX. I filled my ds-260 on 23 may. When am I likely to get my 2nl
2. What case number by now have they likely received their 2nl and have gone to interview

Hello
1. I am a winner of Dv 2018. My case number is 2018AFXXX37XXX. I filled my ds-260 on 23 may. When am I likely to get my 2nl
2. What case number by now have they likely received their 2nl and have gone to interview

1. Summer 2018.
2. Check the visa bulletin.

We have no similar spreadsheet for CP. That process is straightforward and already well documented from the links provided on your selectee notification letter:
https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...are-selected/confirm-your-qualifications.html

You will receive a CP based 2NL when your CN becomes current and KCC is done processing your DS260 forms. You will make a new payment at the embassy when you go for your interview. You will also need to do a new medical exam in Canada.

Go through the link I provided above, it contains other links too, be sure to go through them. You should also go through Simon’s blog by the way:
http://britsimonsays.com/consular-processing-versus-adjustment-status/
thanks for the info Mom.
so for the police check they are requesting police check from countries I lived from age of 16. I don't carry my country of birth passport anymore, and they do not provide police check unless I have a valid passport. I lived in my birth country for 25 years, and then moved to Canada as a student and received Canadian citizenship afterwards. There is no way for me to get the country of birth police record.

thanks for the info Mom.
so for the police check they are requesting police check from countries I lived from age of 16. I don't carry my country of birth passport anymore, and they do not provide police check unless I have a valid passport. I lived in my birth country for 25 years, and then moved to Canada as a student and received Canadian citizenship afterwards. There is no way for me to get the country of birth police record.

You should follow the instructions/guidance provided on the reciprocity by country page which is found on the US DOS web page (link is on your 1NL) on how to get a PCC. If that page corroborates what you're saying, print out the page and take it to your interview.

You should follow the instructions/guidance provided on the reciprocity by country page which is found on the US DOS web page (link is on your 1NL) on how to get a PCC. If that page corroborates what you're saying, print out the page and take it to your interview.
Thank you so much for the information, I checked the page and here is what I find this:
Police Records
Available but unreliable. Police certificates are issued by the General Department of Penal Records and Pardon Amnesty . However, police records are not required for immigrant visa applicants because posts cannot verify them. Clean record certificates can be obtained in the country or from its Embassies and Consulates and the physical appearance of the certificate changes significantly depending on which authority issued it.

Prison Records
Unavailable.

This means that I do not need Police Records from my country of birth, right? I just want your confirmation please :)

Thank you so much for the information, I checked the page and here is what I find this:
Police Records
Available but unreliable. Police certificates are issued by the General Department of Penal Records and Pardon Amnesty . However, police records are not required for immigrant visa applicants because posts cannot verify them. Clean record certificates can be obtained in the country or from its Embassies and Consulates and the physical appearance of the certificate changes significantly depending on which authority issued it.

Prison Records
Unavailable.

This means that I do not need Police Records from my country of birth, right? I just want your confirmation please :)

The reciprocity page says Police Records are not required BUT you do need a Clean Record Certificate which you can obtain from your country's embassy or consulate. So be sure to get that and print out the reciprocity page too. Take both to your interview.

The reciprocity page says Police Records are not required BUT you do need a Clean Record Certificate which you can obtain from your country's embassy or consulate. So be sure to get that and print out the reciprocity page too. Take both to your interview.

Would this be one of the reasons (we know there are others) why background checks for Iran take so long?

but for the clean record certificate, the embassy requires valid passport which I do not have. Underneath the police record, it says:
If your police certificate is unavailable per the country-specific guidelines above, you do not need to submit one to the NVC. If you cannot obtain a police certificate for another reason, please submit a written explanation when you submit your other documents. I guess I need to provide a written statement.

but for the clean record certificate, the embassy requires valid passport which I do not have. Underneath the police record, it says:
If your police certificate is unavailable per the country-specific guidelines above, you do not need to submit one to the NVC. If you cannot obtain a police certificate for another reason, please submit a written explanation when you submit your other documents. I guess I need to provide a written statement.

I certainly have no clue as to the procedure involved with getting the clean record certificate. My response was based on the limited information you provided in your previous post.

I noticed you've been removing part of what is actually written on the reciprocity page when you reference them here. For the purpose of clarity, I will post the full statements:

Unobtainable police certificates

If your police certificate is unavailable per the country-specific guidelines above, you do not need to submit one to the NVC. If you cannot obtain a police certificate for another reason, please submit a written explanation when you submit your other documents.
Yes you may provide a written statement at the time of your interview as to why you're unable to obtain a clean record certificate.

However, you need to bear in mind if other people from your home country who are equally interviewing in Canada are able to provide the clean record certificate, your written explanation isn't likely to hold any water and you will probably end up on AP until you provide the clear record certificate.

By the way, are you chargeable to Iran? If you are, you need to be prepared for the possibility of a prolonged AP. That means you'll not be able to return to the US on your current H1 visa at the end of your interview if you case goes on AP. I just wanted to point that out in case you've not given any thought to it.

By the way, are you chargeable to Iran? If you are, you need to be prepared for the possibility of a prolonged AP. That means you'll not be able to return to the US on your current H1 visa at the end of your interview if you case goes on AP. I just wanted to point that out in case you've not given any thought to it.
Yes, I am Chargeable to Iran. This is a big deal. Why am I not able to come back on my H1 if my case goes on AP (application processing?)?
I certainly have no clue as to the procedure involved with getting the clean record certificate. My response was based on the limited information you provided in your previous post.

I noticed you've been removing part of what is actually written on the reciprocity page when you reference them here. For the purpose of clarity, I will post the full statements:

Unobtainable police certificates

If your police certificate is unavailable per the country-specific guidelines above, you do not need to submit one to the NVC. If you cannot obtain a police certificate for another reason, please submit a written explanation when you submit your other documents.
Yes you may provide a written statement at the time of your interview as to why you're unable to obtain a clean record certificate.

However, you need to bear in mind if other people from your home country who are equally interviewing in Canada are able to provide the clean record certificate, your written explanation isn't likely to hold any water and you will probably end up on AP until you provide the clear record certificate.

So here is my question
1- on the page of preparing supporting documents it is talking ONLY about the Police record, there is no mention of clearance record. When I go to reciprocity page for my home country it says: Police record is not required for this country, because posts can not verify them or something around those lines. Then it says clearance record are available through embassies, but is clearance record is relevant in this case and more importantly is it required?
I do not carry my home country passport by choice. In many applications that I filed for my visas TN, H1B, etc I have mentioned that I only carry Canadian passport. Same thing on my DS-260. Now if I want to apply for clearance record through the embassy of my home country, they require valid passport. But for the reason I mentioned I do not want to apply for a new passport, and if I don't there would be no clearance record. That is where my situation is a bit different from other fellow countrymen. Now what worried me a lot is what you mentioned about case going to AP and not being able to get back to US on my H1.
By AP you mean application processing right?
Do you mean it goes to AP because the lack of clearance record from the home country? or it might go to AP for background check, etc?
If it happens what are my options? should I speak to my company lawyers about this? This is potentially very tricky situation.

Yes, I am Chargeable to Iran. This is a big deal. Why am I not able to come back on my H1 if my case goes on AP (application processing?)?

So here is my question
1- on the page of preparing supporting documents it is talking ONLY about the Police record, there is no mention of clearance record. When I go to reciprocity page for my home country it says: Police record is not required for this country, because posts can not verify them or something around those lines. Then it says clearance record are available through embassies, but is clearance record is relevant in this case and more importantly is it required?
I do not carry my home country passport by choice. In many applications that I filed for my visas TN, H1B, etc I have mentioned that I only carry Canadian passport. Same thing on my DS-260. Now if I want to apply for clearance record through the embassy of my home country, they require valid passport. But for the reason I mentioned I do not want to apply for a new passport, and if I don't there would be no clearance record. That is where my situation is a bit different from other fellow countrymen. Now what worried me a lot is what you mentioned about case going to AP and not being able to get back to US on my H1.
Do you mean it goes to AP because the lack of clearance record from the home country? or it might go to AP for background check, etc?
If it happens what are my options? should I speak to my company lawyers about this? This is potentially very tricky situation.

So it seems like your concerns are only concerns because you switched to CP. Why did you do that?

So here is my question

AP - Administrative Processing . Yes it is a big deal. Being put on AP following a consular processing interview means you’re currently found inadmissible into the US. The fact that you currently have a valid H1 or any other NIV becomes irrelevant as you get flagged in the system. All DV Selectees chargeable to Iran are subjected to extensive background checks which leads to months of being on AP.

If you had gone through the AOS processing spreadsheet, you would have seen the tab discussing AOS vs CP, and one of the cons of CP listed there is AP. Also if you had disclosed the fact that you’re chargeable to Iran when you posted about your wife and son not living in the US with you, and I didn’t have to pull that information out of you just now, the guidance you received would have been completely different.

Regarding the PCC/Clearance record, I’ve already provided what I consider an appropriate guidance regarding this, you’ve also seen and read what the reciprocity page says, so make your own interpretation. You can print out the section that says PCC are not obtainable from your country and leave it at that, or take the extra step of applying for a clean record certificate.

Your anticipated AP may end up being the standard AP all Iranians are subjected to, or it may be for that plus for the missing document. There’s nothing any lawyer can do if you’re put on AP, the process will run it’s course.

So it seems like your concerns are only concerns because you switched to CP. Why did you do that?

OP switched to CP because his wife and son while having valid H4 visas live and work in Canada, they occasionally visit the US. This makes them ineligible to process AOS with the OP, I suggested he could process FTJ or CP together with his family.

But he failed to disclose the fact that he’s from Iran which would have made CP to not be a wise option after all. The suggested options would have been for the wife to resign her job and return to the US immediately with the son for them to process AOS together, or for him to continue with AOS and for the family to process FTJ whenever he concludes his process.

OP switched to CP because his wife and son while having valid H4 visas live and work in Canada, they occasionally visit the US. This makes them ineligible to process AOS with the OP, I suggested he could process FTJ or CP together with his family.

But he failed to disclose the fact that he’s from Iran which would have made CP to not be a wise option after all. The suggested options would have been for the wife to resign her job and return to the US immediately with the son for them to process AOS together, or for him to continue with AOS and for the family to process FTJ whenever he concludes his process.
Okay ! I am in trouble looks like. So all people chargeable to Iran will receive AP, no matter what their current situation is (being Canadian, living in US, etc.)?
at this point can I switch back to AOS for myself and FTJ for my wife and son. My case becomes current in November or that is not a possibility now?

Okay ! I am in trouble looks like. So all people chargeable to Iran will receive AP, no matter what their current situation is (being Canadian, living in US, etc.)?
at this point can I switch back to AOS for myself and FTJ for my wife and son. My case becomes current in November or that is not a possibility now?

Contact KCC and inform them of your change to AOS and FTJ for your family. The change is possible as long as KCC hasn’t scheduled you for a CP interview.