• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Will unlocking and resubmitting, delay the application and interview?

It depends on the changes being made, but personally I think the fear of being delayed is irrelevant. Isn't it better to be delayed than be denied due to wrong or incorrect information entered on the DS260 form?

If your DS260 is filled in and processed in time, yes they schedule an appointment without you having to do anything further. Typically it takes about 2 months to process (longer earlier in the FY and shorter near the end), and they schedule about 8 weeks before interview, so you'd need to have filled in the DS with about 4 months to spare to be pretty much assured of an interview in the month your number becomes current.

Hi! So I got DV2018 DS260 filled up and sent awaiting response. I didnt get any AS52XX type number!! Is that normal?
I was told to wait for a response from KCC as my country is in the "CURRENT", havent received anything after a month of lodgement. But should I start with the medical exam with the case number available??

Hi! So I got DV2018 DS260 filled up and sent awaiting response. I didnt get any AS52XX type number!! Is that normal?
I was told to wait for a response from KCC as my country is in the "CURRENT", havent received anything after a month of lodgement. But should I start with the medical exam with the case number available??

Are you a DV2017 or DV2018 selectee? What is your CN (region and the first 2 or 3 digits after the last zero)?

DV2018 hasn't started yet so you can't be current.

Hello,

I'm currently working in an intentional company (based in Paris) having a huge part of its business in the US.

As my firm is looking for French speaking engineers, I told our human resources manager that I won the green card lottery...Few days ago, he offered (written undertaking) me a job in Austin as head of a small business unit.

Should I tell the embassy that I've a strong job opportunity in the US? How can I deal with this situation? Thank you!!

Hello,

I'm currently working in an intentional company (based in Paris) having a huge part of its business in the US.

As my firm is looking for French speaking engineers, I told our human resources manager that I won the green card lottery...Few days ago, he offered (written undertaking) me a job in Austin as head of a small business unit.

Should I tell the embassy that I've a strong job opportunity in the US? How can I deal with this situation? Thank you!!

That's great news! Assuming the offer still stands by the time you have your interview, take it along and show the interviewing officer.

Hello dears,

I want to make sure that what I did is right,
My passport reads 4 names as
(1st name, father, grandfather's, family)

My E-dv has only three name fields filled as below
(1st name, father's for middle, family for last name)

My DS260 has two names fields surname and given name which are filled as below
(My 1st name , father name) in given name cell
(My family name) in the surname cell

Should i unlock DS260 to add my grandfather's name so it reads all names at passport?

I really need to know this , thanks a lot

That's great news! Assuming the offer still stands by the time you have your interview, take it along and show the interviewing officer.
Thank SusieQQQ for your answer! tThe offer is only subjected to the obtention of the green card!
Thank you!

Good day everyone!

Do any of you know if there were any kind of updates/information regarding whether or not there'll be an additional draw in November? Like, do they usually announce it in advance if it should be expected or do they just go with it and announce it after it's done? How does it usually happen?

Good day everyone!

Do any of you know if there were any kind of updates/information regarding whether or not there'll be an additional draw in November? Like, do they usually announce it in advance if it should be expected or do they just go with it and announce it after it's done? How does it usually happen?

It would be announced after the fact. However it is highly unlikely there will be a second draw this year - it looks like the first draw has already resulted in too many selectees for the available visas.

Hi, I'm DV -2018 lottery winner, case number 20XXX of Europe.

I have a question regarding the requested vaccinations. Where do I find the list of required vaccinations that must be done before the interview?

I'm a 38 years-old male.
I recovered a certificate with the vaccination I have done and they are only Anti-Polio(Sabin) and Hepatitis B + Tetanus and Diphtheria (but this one is from 1995 and the validity should be expired).

What do I have to do in order to prepare the medical exam?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm DV -2018 lottery winner, case number 20XXX of Europe.

I have a question regarding the requested vaccinations. Where do I find the list of required vaccinations that must be done before the interview?

I'm a 38 years-old male.
I recovered a certificate with the vaccination I have done and they are only Anti-Polio(Sabin) and Hepatitis B + Tetanus and Diphtheria (but this one is from 1995 and the validity should be expired).

What do I have to do in order to prepare the medical exam?

Thanks!

It's generally not recommended to go and get vaccinations because if you are an adult, a whole bunch of them are waived on age grounds anyway and people who try save money by doing it in advance often get a pile of vaccinations they don't need. The panel doctor who does your medical will decide what vaccinations you still need and administer them.

Nevertheless if you want the list it's here: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefuge...vaccination-immigration-faq.html#whatvaccines

It's generally not recommended to go and get vaccinations because if you are an adult, a whole bunch of them are waived on age grounds anyway and people who try save money by doing it in advance often get a pile of vaccinations they don't need. The panel doctor who does your medical will decide what vaccinations you still need and administer them.

Nevertheless if you want the list it's here:

Thanks...
That's a lot of vaccinations I still need!

Is it safe to go to the medical exam only with my 2 vaccination? Shouldn't I prepare at least a few which will be obviously administered? or a blood exam maybe?

Thanks...
That's a lot of vaccinations I still need!

Is it safe to go to the medical exam only with my 2 vaccination? Shouldn't I prepare at least a few which will be obviously administered? or a blood exam maybe?

How do you, as a non-doctor, know which will be "obviously administered"?
Yes you can do a blood exam if you really think it's necessary or think getting blood drawn is less intrusive than getting one or two shots. I know which I'd prefer personally.