• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hi all, after applying for 5+ years I got selected today
2018EU00015xxx .. What's the meaning of the 15k+ number in my case?
Also I tried to submit DS-260 but while submitting its giving me the error that "the case number u entered does not match the case number u entered at sign in' " ..any ideas ? thanks

is a 05XX CN a good indicator I'll get an interview? It seems to be lower than some of the 2XXX+ CNs, or does it have no bearing on interview selection?
If you are in the OC region thats a good case number.
Generally the lower the number the greater your chances to get scheduled for an interview earlier.
However, it also depends on when you submit your DS260 etc.

is a 05XX CN a good indicator I'll get an interview? It seems to be lower than some of the 2XXX+ CNs, or does it have no bearing on interview selection?
That is an excellent number to have!! I think a case number anywhere under OC1000 is pretty much guaranteed an interview!! Congratulations!

Hi all, after applying for 5+ years I got selected today
2018EU00015xxx .. What's the meaning of the 15k+ number in my case?
Also I tried to submit DS-260 but while submitting its giving me the error that "the case number u entered does not match the case number u entered at sign in' " ..any ideas ? thanks
Congrats!
I'm not sure but I think you should drop the 000 before your CN when filling the DS260

That is an excellent number to have!! I think a case number anywhere under OC1000 is pretty much guaranteed an interview!! Congratulations!
Awesome! Thanks yes OC CN number. How does submitting the DS260 have an effect on interview process as well? I was hoping to take my time on it but I guess need to complete it asap?

Awesome! Thanks yes OC CN number. How does submitting the DS260 have an effect on interview process as well? I was hoping to take my time on it but I guess need to complete it asap?

I was selected last year with a case number in early 500's. I delayed submitting the DS260 due to some commitments and only just submitted it in March this year but everything was processed and I am scheduled for an interview on the 7th of June.

People with case number higher than yours and who submit before you and become current can be interviewed when their case numbers go current.
However, take your time. Anything in 500's for Oceania is guaranteed an interview.

Thanks a lot ! Can someone confirm this?
As far as I know (from what I filled in) I just copied and pasted the case number from the initial winning message and I had no problem whatsoever.
I'm not too sure exactly what the issue is maybe.
Sorry

hi, after checking my confirmation number and getting the message ''
Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below'

is this mean, i m not selected and should forget about my case in 2018?
this is my first time to enter the lottery.... and i m from AF, cannot see much people of AF this time...

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below'

this is my first time to enter the lottery.... and i m from AF, cannot see much people of AF this time...

Unfortunately that means you have not been selected.
You may try again this year.
Goodluck

Hi all,

I've been drawn in the lottery and I have a question about the vaccination requirements:
Some of the vaccines are hard to find in my country and I read somewhere that some of them can be done during the medical exam with the certified physician. Any info about that?

Thanks,
Shamsie

Sorry to read that... I feel with you.
Not selected means ... Not selected. You are asked to keep your confirmation number because some years a second draw was made (like dv2017) but it is rare and exceptional. Try again in October.

Hi
I was selected with AS000018xx
what does that mean or count for please?
Congratulations on your selection first!
AS is for Asia and the numbers are your Case number
With your CN you're pretty safe for an interview. but fill your DS 260 in time.
Make some research on the Internet about the process.
Britsimon site is very complete and helpful.
Good luck !

Congratulations on your selection first!
AS is for Asia and the numbers are your Case number
With your CN you're pretty safe for an interview. but fill your DS 260 in time.
Make some research on the Internet about the process.
Britsimon site is very complete and helpful.
Good luck !

Thanks for the reply .. can you give me the link please :)

one more question ... does it help if i retain a lawyer to help me with that? anyone knows someone in the UAE? thanks

one more question ... does it help if i retain a lawyer to help me with that? anyone knows someone in the UAE? thanks
You don't need a lawyer at all.
I have never been selected yet buy from all I have read and researched it's easy to complete (the DS260). There is nothing you won't be able to do by yourself.
Search through this forum also you will find people telling about their experience at the US embassy in UAE