• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2017 Wrong Photo or Not?

labs92

Hello All!
I am afraid about my photo sent with my application to DV-2017. Is it possible to be disqualification now? I have been randomly selected at May-03-2016, sent DS260 and have case number 22xxx. Is it mean that photo is good enought? I don't know what to expect.
My photo is wrong because of online validator (my face is too big, and eyes aren't on the valid area but the other ways of photo are good). Have you ever heard about situation like mine? I don't want to lose my opportunity because of one mistake. Thanks!

Are you talking about the photo validator where you place your head in/between the ovals? If yes then I wouldn't worry too much, go through your application and make sure to provide a good case for immigration (decent savings,etc) and hope for the best. It's up to the CO at this point really, I have a relative who managed to make it with a wrong photo as well (blue background and slight shadow on his face), the CO commented on it but still granted him the GC.

Good luck!

Are you talking about the photo validator where you place your head in/between the ovals?

Yes, I am talking about that. My face with hair is between 78-80% of all picture, but it recommended 56-69% and eyes on 51% of picture, where its recommended 56-69%. I don't know what to expect ;( Only one good way is that i've been randomly selected and have my own case number.. so maybe it isn't bad too much.

Yes, I am talking about that. My face with hair is between 78-80% of all picture, but it recommended 56-69% and eyes on 51% of picture, where its recommended 56-69%. I don't know what to expect ;( Only one good way is that i've been randomly selected and have my own case number.. so maybe it isn't bad too much.

The photo validator they use is to check the dimensions and size of the pictures if I recall correctly. Honestly just go though your application and hope for the best, hopefully you applied for dv2018 as well just as a backup plan because like I said it's most likely up to the CO who will interview you now.

hopefully you applied for dv2018 as well just as a backup plan

No, I don't. I hope that it will be good at all and I will receive invitation for interview at March/April. Thanks for answer.

By the way.. Does anyone more know similar situation with photo? I would be sure what to expect with this.

Last edited:
No, I don't. I hope that it will be good at all and I will receive invitation for interview at March/April. Thanks for answer.

By the way.. Does anyone more know similar situation with photo? I would be sure what to expect with this.

It all depends on the CO now. Its a risk that you will have to take in the case you continue with the process.

Is it really possible to be disqualify now, because of a little bit wrong photo? Certainly I have to give new photos to GC on the interview to my Visa. But if it is wrong enough, so why did they choose me to be randomly selected and not none selected?

But if it is wrong enough, so why did they choose me to be randomly selected and not none selected?

The photo validator checks for certain technical specifications. It's done by computer. The random selection is done by computer. The first actual live human being who will look at your photo is the official who will interview you.

I have no idea whether or not you would be rejected because of the size of the face in the photo. Personally I would think that a risk worth taking to get a green card.

The photo validator checks for certain technical specifications. It's done by computer. The random selection is done by computer. The first actual live human being who will look at your photo is the official who will interview you.

I have no idea whether or not you would be rejected because of the size of the face in the photo. Personally I would think that a risk worth taking to get a green card.

Thank you for answer. You make me feel better with this situation. I think that I could do this and fight for it.