• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 winners from Nepal

Hello everyone,
Iam dv 2017 winner from Nepal.
I have mistaken address on the main dv form.
It was bcoz we dont have divisions as in US but we have like zones, district and muncipalities. So I got confused.

I am bit worried so i want explain the case.

In my main form its like

birth city:Bheemdatt(municipality)

district/state/province: kanchanpur( we call it district here but its subdivision of STATE(here zone) so problem arised)

I have corrected it in ds 260 and it is like

birth city: kanchanpur
state/Province: Mahakali(zone)
address:Bheemdatt

Sorry for long query but It would be so much kind of you If you could help me whether It will affect my case or not? Thanks...
Have a Superb day...

What really matters is the country where you were born - I hope you listed your country of birth as Nepal, and country of eligibility as Nepal.

As far as city of birth goes, it should be fine. I've seen cases where people have listed Kathmandu as their place of birth while they were born in Lalitpur and vice versa.

My advice to you is still list Bheemdatt as your City of Birth in your DS260. But even if you already filed it, don't worry about this

When you go to your interview at the US Embassy, they will know that Bheemdatt is within Kanchanpur district. Should be fine.

Thank you very much.. I already have submitted ds 260. So i dont think its wise to unlock it. by the way your reply was so reliefing bcoz i was a bit worried.

Were you born in a hospital or at home?

Either way, when you go for your interview, you will need a Birth Certificate from your VDC or Municipality office. In the Birth Certificate, make sure to show you were born in Bheemdatt Municipality which is IN Kanchanpur district.

Just make sure it shows both.

I was born at home. earlier I never needed birth cert. so I only got one recently 1 month ago and i have included addresses as you are suggesting. Thank you once again. Have a superb day...