• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Hallo again!! Ok, we have submitted ds-260 on 22nd May. What next?? Do we wait for an e-mail for the apointment?? When? After August?
Apart from that, our son just got his F1 student visa since he is flying to US in August to start college. Should I contact kcc to change his apointment and arrange ot for a us office? But i guess it would be more difficult to pass hos interview therw by himself and with all documents need to be translated in english!!!
Please advise!!!
Thank you

Although your CN is low (if I remember correctly), it's most likely will become current in October. However, your interview may end up being pushed back to November considering your DS-260 wasn't submitted in early May. Anyway, you'll find out if you'll be interviewing in October or not sometime in August when KCC sends out the 2NL for those scheduled for an October interview.

Your son is better off coming back home to interview with you. Trying to get him to do an adjustment of status as your DV derivative is complicated, costly and time consuming.

Hello Brit, thanks for your response, that was the only mistake. I actually wrote to KCC and requested the to notify the embassy regarding my name error during interview. The embassy is Nairobi

Then, in my opinion, you have a fairly good chance of approval (but not completely without risk).

Although your CN is low (if I remember correctly), it's most likely will become current in October. However, your interview may end up being pushed back to November considering your DS-260 wasn't submitted in early May. Anyway, you'll find out if you'll be interviewing in October or not sometime in August when KCC sends out the 2NL for those scheduled for an October interview.

Your son is better off coming back home to interview with you. Trying to get him to do an adjustment of status as your DV derivative is complicated, costly and time consuming.
You remember correctly, mom, my number is very low, however I come from a country with around 100 selectees so I still hope that my interview could be arranged for October!!!
Thank you for your advise for my son!

Your country's selectees aren't the issue.

Your DS260 still needs to be processed by the KCC before an interview is scheduled. The KCC process DS260s on the basis of when they are received. So your DS260 will be processed along with everyone else's from every single region, not just from your country.

You remember correctly, mom, my number is very low, however I come from a country with around 100 selectees so I still hope that my interview could be arranged for October!!!
Thank you for your advise for my son!

The number of people selected in your country has no direct bearing on when you get scheduled for an interview. You're in the EU region, that will be the basis of when your CN becomes current.

So even if your CN falls within the range of those current for October but KCC isn't done processing your DS-260 form by the time they start sending out interview notification letters, you certainly wouldn't be getting an October interview notwithstanding the number of people selected from your country.

The number of people selected in your country has no direct bearing on when you get scheduled for an interview. You're in the EU region, that will be the basis of when your CN becomes current.

So even if your CN falls within the range of those current for October but KCC isn't done processing your DS-260 form by the time they start sending out interview notification letters, you certainly wouldn't be getting an October interview notwithstanding the number of people selected from your country.

Thank you both EmilyW and Sm1smom!!!

Hello
My names is tangi , i just want to know if any of the 2017 selectee have recieve a message from kcc for the second process of the dv programme?

KCC doesn't send out messages with the exception of the 2NL which gets sent for cases that are current and scheduled for an interview. For DV 2017, this isn't going to happen until around mid to late August.

Just to clarify - mid-late August for October interviews - some people won't hear anything till July 2017.

And just to check that the poster knows that the "second process" includes all the document gathering etc specified in the links from the selection letter.

Thanks for your reply Suzie. Right now am preparing all the documents. I have already collect certificate of experience from my company and all certificate are ready except the certificate if non conviction which am waiting for the 2nd apoint to go for it as well as the medicals. My CN is Af00042xx is guess I will have early schedule. I do appreciate your replies. Thanks

Thanks for your reply Suzie. Right now am preparing all the documents. I have already collect certificate of experience from my company and all certificate are ready except the certificate if non conviction which am waiting for the 2nd apoint to go for it as well as the medicals. My CN is Af00042xx is guess I will have early schedule. I do appreciate your replies. Thanks

All sounds good. You have high school diploma ? In that case you don't need the work experience one, though it may be useful to help the CO see that you can find a job in the US.

Hi everyone, sorry for disappearing, my mum n I didn't get selected. We have immigrated to new Zealand. It's big and very beautiful. Last weekend we went to the sets of Lord of the Rings. The shire, it was breathtaking. Really loving new Zealand, we were staying in a one bedroom small apartment but we both have jobs now, I'm working at after school care programme, it's partime, n weekends I work at event cinemas. Mum has been applying to various law firms with little success, but she has got a position at a ANZ bank. It is paying surprisingly well. We want to get a small 2 bedroom home for rent., it is our 6th week here . When we arrived here we stayed with my mum cousin, she works at the bank, got mum a job interview in the first week. I sort of went door knocking various restaurants, but I saw this add for help needed for after school care, it was in the morning s, 7am to 8:30 am. Then one night my mum n I went to the movies with some friends, they knew the manager and got me an interview for the next day, I got the job, weekend s n 3 days during the week. We were very lucky. I am loving New Zealand. We will still apply for usa, dv lottery every year. I am planning to visit USA in December, going to LA, New York n possibly Toronto, my dad's brother lives there. I want to either apply for teacher training or nursing training, for next year. Love you guys, thank you for all your care n advice. SussieQQQ n mum, thank you for your support and encouragement. You guys are awesome. Take care love you

Last edited:
I have filled my ds 260 as my given name Ahmed Abdi and my surname Hassan then the confirmation says Hassan Ahmed Hassan , my paasport is written as Ahmed Abdi Hassan , what should I do