• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

I just filled out my DS260 and you are able to select where you want to interview

Being able to select any interview location when filling out the DS-260 form doesn't mean KCC will honor that selection. Place of interview be set by KCC based on the current address listed on the DS-260 form.

Hi. I am from somalia ,the selectees of 2017 dv lottery I am still preparing my documents to fill DS 260 form I am now to pass one week and other week is comming so can i still wait other week?
thanks

Hi.
-If the spouse of the principal applicant was married before and there was some cases in the court between him and his ex.wife until they get devorced and all cases has finished and nothing reported.he never been arrested or went to prison.is he have to mention that that in the DS260 form under the question of crime or not however nothing recorded against him.
- the date of ex marriage or the date of divorce is essintal to mention while filling the form?? the applicant can't remember these bad memories.
Thank you

Hi.
-If the spouse of the principal applicant was married before and there was some cases in the court between him and his ex.wife until they get devorced and all cases has finished and nothing reported.he never been arrested or went to prison.is he have to mention that that in the DS260 form under the question of crime or not however nothing recorded against him.
- the date of ex marriage or the date of divorce is essintal to mention while filling the form?? the applicant can't remember these bad memories.
Thank you

Bad memories or not, the applicant must disclose if they ever had a court case in the past and they must get the court records and present it at the time of the interview. Divorce certificate must be presented.

OK.I will present the divorce certificate .but the question is how can I answer this question in the form past devorce cases in court mean its crime or not??,I hope you understand what I mean how can I answer the question??

OK.I will present the divorce certificate .but the question is how can I answer this question in the form past devorce cases in court mean its crime or not??,I hope you understand what I mean how can I answer the question??

A divorce related court appearance is not a crime and should not be listed as such.

Thank you guys for the good work you are doing.
I am a fortunate dv2017 winner with CN - AF000036XXX. However I have some concerns which I am hoping you will give guidance on:

1. Am a married female. My birth cert, national identification document and 12-year education cert indicates two given names i.e BETTY MINTO. These three documents does not indicate whether the names are surnames , middle or first. The documents just call it the full names. When I was filling the eDV, I filled first name as BETTY and middle name as MINTO, I checked no last name (NLN). I did not check the passport when filling in the eDV. 1NL shows correctly Dear BETTY MINTO NLN. Now the issue comes in with my passport issued in 2014. The passport guys placed my surname as MINTO and given names as BETTY. DS260 requires I fill in names separately i.e surname and given names. If I fill in as it is in my passport, will it not conflict with the eDV application details given that my passport indicates surname as MINTO and my 1NL says NLN. Kindly advise.

2. I am currently doing a Masters Course. My education certificates for undergraduate and professional has my father's surname as my last name i.e certs names are BETTY MINTO KAYA where KAYA is my father's name. I understand I just need an affidavit and these can be addressed. What's your take? Can I request the colleges to remove my father's name and issue duplicate certificates? Can I just add my father's name in the passport to match the certificates? Will the variance in my passport and my certificates give me issues when looking for a job in the US or even furthering my studies? What is your advise on this?

3. I got married to PETER SERU MONDU . The marriage certificate is for 2008 but I have never included his name in all my documents. We will be immigrating together with our two kids if all goes well. What is your take? Do I need to include his name in my passport? Will not including his name in my passport have any implications in our stay at US of A.? If I include his name in my passport, will this complicate our chances of being issued with a visa? Naturally I am supposed to inherit the MONDU name from my hubby which I have not done. Kindly advise?

4. Applying for passport for the kids. Can we just put their two names (no surname) as they are in the birth certificate and as they were in the eDV? or do we add father's name as surname? and if we add, can the names in the DS260 not differ with the names registered in the eDV and jeopardies our getting a visa? Kindy help please

Thanks a lot for your time and valuable advise.

1. Placing your last name in the middle name section and clicking the NLN may be an issue, it may be viewed as an attempt at multiple eDV entries. Anyway, the CO will have the final say on that. As for the DS-260 form, I suggest you fill it out as your name is listed on your passport.

2. What you should be worrying about for now is for you to be approved based on all these name variances, and not issues with getting a job in the US based on how your names are listed on your certificates. Swearing an affidavit may not necessarily help, the COs in most embassies in Africa do not attach any importance to a sworn affidavit knowing they're mostly not worth the paper sworn on. Getting a new passport and adding your father's name on it will further complicate your case seeing you already stated NLN during the eDV registration. Simply list KAYA under the other names used section on your DS260 form.

3. If you've not been using his last name, you're not required to list it. See response 2 above regarding getting a new passport and adding a new last name.

3. Add the father's last name on their DS-260 forms, and get their passports issued with the full names. They are derivatives, so no issues with their own name situation.

Thanks a lot for usuel help and advice.but do you advice me to email kcc about this issue to be as a proof from them that court divorce cases is not crime.so no one in the interview can tell me that I give wrong information ..and hide any issues.

Thanks a lot for usuel help and advice.but do you advice me to email kcc about this issue to be as a proof from them that court divorce cases is not crime.so no one in the interview can tell me that I give wrong information ..and hide any issues.

You can write KCC if you like, or it makes you feel better. I'm however certain KCC does not respond to specific questions or clarify issues like we do here, they're not known to provide guidance on how to fill the form, that's not their job.

You know, if you read the instructions, they talk about divorce papers separately from police and court records. Which kind of makes it obvious they know this. Unless you were being criminally prosecuted due to something in your marriage or divorce of course.

I am on my way of filling DS 260 and my post is Nairobi, people are telling that enterence of Kenya is recently complicated so what should I do
thanks all

Hello , I won Green Card for DV2017, However, in the original entry, I repeated my surname and thus the middle name missing, will this affect my interview?

For example; Benard George George instead of Benard Ouma George. Please help

Hello , I won Green Card for DV2017, However, in the original entry, I repeated my surname and thus the middle name missing, will this affect my interview?

Unfortunately, more likely than not, this situation may result in disqualification at CO interview stage, in case you decide to pursue your DV case. Sorry for the negative assessment from this side, yet comparable cases tend to have a negative outcome due to active fraud prevention measures.

Thanks for your response, how do I correct this or rather, should I contact KCC? Thanks in advance
There is no way to retroactively correct an incorrect eDV entry. If you decide to pursue your case and pay related expenditures, you simply start to submit correct personal information from now on and hope for the best at CO interview stage. You just have to be aware that your DV case may possibly sit on thin ice.

I don't agree that the denial is "more likely than not". There is a risk - but the risk varies by embassy and whether other information is incorrect. So - which embassy was it, and is thise the only mistake in an otherwise perfect application?

One critical point is that the DS260 must be accurate. That allows the name check.

I don't agree that the denial is "more likely than not". There is a risk - but the risk varies by embassy and whether other information is incorrect. So - which embassy was it, and is thise the only mistake in an otherwise perfect application?

One critical point is that the DS260 must be accurate. That allows the name check.
;) ...and just to possibly add to the set of questions: is it the only eDV application you submitted?

Hello Brit, thanks for your response, that was the only mistake. I actually wrote to KCC and requested the to notify the embassy regarding my name error during interview. The embassy is Nairobi

Hallo again!! Ok, we have submitted ds-260 on 22nd May. What next?? Do we wait for an e-mail for the apointment?? When? After August?
Apart from that, our son just got his F1 student visa since he is flying to US in August to start college. Should I contact kcc to change his apointment and arrange ot for a us office? But i guess it would be more difficult to pass hos interview therw by himself and with all documents need to be translated in english!!!
Please advise!!!
Thank you