1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2017 Selectees

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by DVrecovery, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi, YES they asked me for it. ask your sponsor to prepare it and mail it to you.

2. Wf2018

Wf2018 New Member

Thank you for your prompt reply...I still couldnt find a sponsor and my number will go current soon

3. What do you mean!! You already have a sponsor... The address in the US where you are going. That person should be the one to provide the AOS.

4. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Not necessarily so. Just because someone is willing to host a person doesn't automatically make them a sponsor or mean they're able to provide an AOS.

sospeter nyaberi likes this.
  5. Wf2018

Wf2018 New Member

As simon says...they only gave me the address to receive my GC. In my country the sponsor is not mandatory but bcs im in China i must provide that

6. Find someone who is willing to provide it. family, relative or even a friend. they also asked me for my resume so you might wanna prepare that to, just in case.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Wf2018 likes this.
  7. glulgi

glulgi New Member

I am a DV2017 winner, I am doing consular processing and my visa was issued. I am planning on when to travel to the US and I have a question about the September 30th deadline. Is it advisable to travel before September 30th even if the visa expiration date is in December?
    I prefer to travel into the US in October or so to wrap up some things in my home country, but I would like to know if I should enter the US before September 30th just in case. Thank you.

8. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

It is okay to enter the US after Sept 30th, as long as your visa is still valid.

glulgi likes this.
  9. Wf2018

Wf2018 New Member

I will ...thank you so much....how much time did the visa take for u?

10. glulgi

glulgi New Member

Thanks!

And regarding the "Port of Entry", should I enter the US through the airport near my US address? If I do layover in the US, I would have to pass the immigration controls in the east coast, but my final destination for permanent residence is in the west coast.

Also, do I have to present any supporting documents (other than passport with visa, sealed immigration package and x-rays CD)? I'm thinking of whether I should take in my carry-on luggage birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc.

11. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter where you enter.
    You don't need to show those certificates but it's never a good idea to put such important documents in checked luggage. Keep them with you.

glulgi likes this.
  12. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

What she said ^^

glulgi likes this.
  13. glulgi

glulgi New Member

14. Wf2018

Wf2018 New Member

Hello Simon...is it okay if i get the sponsor s documents from now..it s because I may lose the sponsor if i wait till november...my CN is AF15xxx ...

Thank you

15. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Yes.

Wf2018 likes this.
  16. hi sorry just seen your message now, it took two and half months but it depends cases are different.

Wf2018 likes this.
  17. SusieQQQ

That's exceptionally long, you were clearly on AP. Did they tell you what for?

Wf2018 likes this.
  18. Yes they told me i had one missing document but later they requested for more documents i.e my resume, college transcripts and certificates and AOS. But also the time they take to respond... the Guangzhou embassy you can only email no calls and it takes four to five days for them to respond.

Wf2018 likes this.
  19. glulgi

glulgi New Member

Two questions regarding fees:
    I already paid the $330 fee when doing the interview at the Embassy. The package I received with my passport says I have to pay another $220 fee.

1) What is this? I thought the only DV fee was $330.
    2) When exactly should I pay? I would like to delay it as much as possible, but without it affecting getting my green card. Should I pay before the September 30th deadline?

20. SusieQQQ

Details here. https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/uscis-immigrant-fee