• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Unless you want to drive yourself crazy, definitely not. Maybe check once more in October to ensure no second draw ...hard to tell for now as we don't know yet how many selectees there are.
I think the October second draw has been done for once a few years ago, and KCC issued a note regarding it. not sure if it is a regular procedures every year.

Hi guys, I am a winner too, EU. However, after my first excitement i have constant fear that something will go wrong with my paperwork. I would appreciate if you could answer following questions and concerns:
1. When filling ds-260, the information of husband and children (names and birthdates) are already there since the application, right? While entering my husbands details I noticed that his birthdate was wrong 28 instead of 25. I corrected it but could this fail our visa onterview?
2. Although interviews will start in October, should we complete and send ds260 to KCC now?
3. My husband has a conviction for 7 months jail time (never had to serve) due to a set up from a lawyer while my husband was ceo in a company, for financial felony, a bank check without balance. This happened in 2000. Could this result his rejection for dv visa? If yes could this result to rejection of my visa and our children's? I am the applicant.
These are my questions for now! Thank you in advance.
Good luck to all!!!
Kelly

Hi guys, I am a winner too, EU. However, after my first excitement i have constant fear that something will go wrong with my paperwork. I would appreciate if you could answer following questions and concerns:
1. When filling ds-260, the information of husband and children (names and birthdates) are already there since the application, right? While entering my husbands details I noticed that his birthdate was wrong 28 instead of 25. I corrected it but could this fail our visa onterview?
2. Although interviews will start in October, should we complete and send ds260 to KCC now?
3. My husband has a conviction for 7 months jail time (never had to serve) due to a set up from a lawyer while my husband was ceo in a company, for financial felony, a bank check without balance. This happened in 2000. Could this result his rejection for dv visa? If yes could this result to rejection of my visa and our children's? I am the applicant.
Good luck to all!!!
Kelly
Answer1: correct your husband DOB, and after finishing the DS260 send a copy of the Birth certificate to KCC with explanation of the mistake, emphasizing the correction along with the case numbers, names and DOB.
Answer2: Yes finish DS260 as soon as possible.
Answer3: not sure about it, didn't face a conviction case before, but if you can issue some sort of a judicial clearance to be ready during the interview, do so.

Answer1: correct your husband DOB, and after finishing the DS260 send a copy of the Birth certificate to KCC with explanation of the mistake, emphasizing the correction along with the case numbers, names and DOB.
Answer2: Yes finish DS260 as soon as possible.
Answer3: not sure about it, didn't face a conviction case before, but if you can issue some sort of a judicial clearance to be ready during the interview, do so.
Thank you for the advise dvrecovery!!!

Uh, no. The instructions specifically say DO NOT send any civil document to KCC. They don't adjudicate and don't care. Just fill in the correct date of birth on the DS260, and the consular officer will obviously have the birth certificate in front of him/her at the interview. Because it's not the principal applicant, it shouldn't affect the outcome.

The conviction question depends on if the crime he is convicted of is classed as a "crime of moral turpitude". If so, then it might prevent him getting a visa, but because he is not the principal applicant it won't affect you or the children if he is denied.

Note that even if the crimes are "cleared" or "vacated" or whatever the term of the country is, the US specifically says this does not matter for the immigration process. Sometimes even a disqualifying crime is ok if it has happened more than a certain amount of time ago, or when the applicant was young, etc. all you can do is take your chance. Don't start trying to say that the lawyer set him up or whatever, whether or not it's true it just sounds like an excuse.

Good luck to all!!!
Kelly

DVRecovery isn't quite correct.

1. Correct the DOB. No need to send anything to KCC.
2. Yes.
3. The question about crimes is always whether the crime is categorized as a "crime of moral turpitude" (CMT). Fraud is one of the types of crimes that can fall into that category - but to be sure, the CO will want to see court records etc about the case. Again, not KCC. The CO at the embassy. Certain crimes could cause ineligibility for your husband, but that would not affect your case or your children. The only way to know how this will be judged is to go through the process.....

britsimon and suzieqqq thank you so much for following up on my questions! you are all mostly helpful.
I have another one, easy one...
our passports expire in January 2017. that means that if the interview is set up for October (I have CN EU00001**, yes it is true!!!), then our passports do not have the 6 months validity required. so, do we issue new ones now, before sending the ds-260 form, or we write the passport numbers we have now on DS-260, but get new ones before the interview. our passport numbers and expiry dates will be different from the ones in DS-260, but is it OK??
thanx again

britsimon and suzieqqq thank you so much for following up on my questions! you are all mostly helpful.
I have another one, easy one...
our passports expire in January 2017. that means that if the interview is set up for October (I have CN EU00001**, yes it is true!!!), then our passports do not have the 6 months validity required. so, do we issue new ones now, before sending the ds-260 form, or we write the passport numbers we have now on DS-260, but get new ones before the interview. our passport numbers and expiry dates will be different from the ones in DS-260, but is it OK??
thanx again

You can submit the DS-260 form with your current passport number. With such a low CN, you don't want to delay your submission for long. It is advisable to renew the passport before your interview though, you attend the interview with both old and new passports.

I am applying since 2005 and finally I got selected.. My case # is 2017AF00027xxx.. Any advises? Is it a high case #?

I am applying since 2005 and finally I got selected.. My case # is 2017AF00027xxx.. Any advises? Is it a high case #?

That's a decent number, congratulations on your selection.

Your question about 'any advises' is too broad. If you need good/proper guidance from this forum, you'll have to be specific with your questions.

That's a decent number, congratulations on your selection.

Your question about 'any advises' is too broad. If you need good/proper guidance from this forum, you'll have to be specific with your questions.

Thank you for your reply..

I am Egyptian but I am currently living and working in Saudi Arabia. I can do the interview in Cairo or in Riyadh. Does the place where I do the interview make any difference? Is there any advantages of Riyadh over Cairo or Cairo over Riyadh?

Thank you for your reply..

I am Egyptian but I am currently living and working in Saudi Arabia. I can do the interview in Cairo or in Riyadh. Does the place where I do the interview make any difference? Is there any advantages of Riyadh over Cairo or Cairo over Riyadh?

Your interview location will be based on your listed current home address. KCC will schedule you with the nearest embassy/consulate nearest to the city of your current home address as listed on your DS-260 form.

There are interview experience posts/reports for both Cairo and Riyadh in the forum. Please use the search button to look for those posts.

Your interview location will be based on your listed current home address. KCC will schedule you with the nearest embassy/consulate nearest to the city of your current home address as listed on your DS-260 form.

There are interview experience posts/reports for both Cairo and Riyadh in the forum. Please use the search button to look for those posts.

Thank you again..

I took a look at the DS-260 form and I noticed that I can choose any location other than Riyadh which showed up in my entrant status page. I prefer Cairo over Riyadh because most of my documents are issued in Egypt. Anyway, I will take a look at the experiences of others in Cairo and in Riyadh.

Thank you again..

I took a look at the DS-260 form and I noticed that I can choose any location other than Riyadh which showed up in my entrant status page. I prefer Cairo over Riyadh because most of my documents are issued in Egypt. Anyway, I will take a look at the experiences of others in Cairo and in Riyadh.

Yes I know the DS-260 form set up gives the impression one could arbitrarily select any location to be interviewed at. I've however explained above how KCC schedules the interview regardless of where one has indicated as preferred interview location on the form.

Hi

I am a DV 2017 winner with the CN 2017AF0000018*** .

I have started to fill the ds260 form online and i have encountered a problem while filling the MAILING AND PERMANENT part of the form.it is asking me to fill a US address which i don't currently have!!and am in the process of finding!!

so is it possible to leave the form incomplete(OPEN) until i find a person and an address??

like DOES IT HAVE AN EXPIRE DATE OF SOME SORT???

Hi

I am a DV 2017 winner with the CN 2017AF0000018*** .

I have started to fill the ds260 form online and i have encountered a problem while filling the MAILING AND PERMANENT part of the form.it is asking me to fill a US address which i don't currently have!!and am in the process of finding!!

so is it possible to leave the form incomplete(OPEN) until i find a person and an address??

like DOES IT HAVE AN EXPIRE DATE OF SOME SORT???

Yes you can leave the form as is until you complete it with the required information and submit it.