• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Actually another two questions: After my high school I started at my (current) company as a "working student", did my Bachelor and Master's degree and afterwards switched into a full-time position. At some point went abroad as mentioned earlier.
So, since after my high school I started working for my current employer, but the occupations were pretty different (working student vs. full-time employee). Shall the entries be based on the various occupations I had - or is it that I just have a current employer (since the beginning of university) and nothing else to enter?

Hi all,

I have a question about police certificate.
I have lived in Germany from 1998-2001 and from than never been there , what do you think is it mandatory a police certificate for that period time ??

Please advice ...

@Artan yes you definitely need a police certificate, whether it was a long time ago or not it's the same
Another question ....sadly I don't have the certificate on time of interview.. in this case the certificate is delaying 4-6 week and my interview is scheduled 13 December can I deliver to US embassy after . Is that gone be a problem , am I gone be rejected? or just in AP till they get a police certificate ?
Please advice

Another question ....sadly I don't have the certificate on time of interview.. in this case the certificate is delaying 4-6 week and my interview is scheduled 13 December can I deliver to US embassy after . Is that gone be a problem , am I gone be rejected? or just in AP till they get a police certificate ?
Please advice

AP until you produce the certificate. If that AP passes the end of the month, you can expect a delay once you have supplied the police cert. So - act fast, and hopefully you can produce the cert before the end of December.

AP until you produce the certificate. If that AP passes the end of the month, you can expect a delay once you have supplied the police cert. So - act fast, and hopefully you can produce the cert before the end of December.
Thank's for your advice @Britsimon ,..I've already start the processing this matter but the processing time of Germany consulate is very slow if you comparing with the other states , it takes to much time for such a simple form but anyway I have to deal with a circumstances , I can't do nothing now , have to wait .
Thnx again mate.

Hello there, I am from Malaysia and my husband was selected in the 2017 dv lottery. When he submitted the DS260, he was in a different city (Kuala Lumpur) working and therefore had a different address. He came back to Kota Kinabalu (the place we currently stay) and then to Australia to visit a relative and just recently returned to Kota Kinabalu but before he could unlock the form, we had been scheduled for interview. My question is - what is the effect on the interview and how should we inform KCC or Embassy of the address change. Thank you.

Hello there, I am from Malaysia and my husband was selected in the 2017 dv lottery. When he submitted the DS260, he was in a different city (Kuala Lumpur) working and therefore had a different address. He came back to Kota Kinabalu (the place we currently stay) and then to Australia to visit a relative and just recently returned to Kota Kinabalu but before he could unlock the form, we had been scheduled for interview. My question is - what is the effect on the interview and how should we inform KCC or Embassy of the address change. Thank you.

Don't worry about it much, just mention to the interviewing officer that your current address is now different from when you submitted the form. It's not really used for anything other than scheduling the interview or determining if you need a police certificate so no impact as it's all in Malaysia. (I'm assuming the Australian visit was short and doesn't require a police certificate.)

Hi there, thank you for your reply. Yes, the visit to Australia was only 1 month. However, he was in Australia in the 90s for studies. Stayed there less than 12 months and then came back for holidays but his course was for two years. Does he need the police certificate?

Hi there, thank you for your reply. Yes, the visit to Australia was only 1 month. However, he was in Australia in the 90s for studies. Stayed there less than 12 months and then came back for holidays but his course was for two years. Does he need the police certificate?

I would judge that as living in Australia for 2 years (with breaks for holidays which don't count as interrupting residence imo) so I would say yes.

Dear Experts,
I would like to ask on behalf of a dv2017 friend who happens to have filled both the initial application and the ds260 as a single applicant (omitting the spouse and kids)

Now,the applicant is stuck-doesn't know whether he should unlock the ds260 and include the family or just proceed to go on as a single applicant.If so,are there any repercussions that come with choosing to omit a section of the family from the initial application and deciding to add them on the ds260?
I humbly request you to kindly chip in and give an insight on how this situation should be handled.

Lastly, i want to spread my warm Thanks to 3 People(SusieQQQ, Sm1smom andBritsimon) to whom along with almighty God, I attribute my success in DV2016 journey.

It's now my 2nd Month in the States,at PennState in particular,:cool:really enjoying the place and am grateful for having bumped into this forum back in May2015 at a time when i needed it most as i was green,not knowing anything in the whole process-the only thing i knew was to print the 1NL:D.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Dear Experts,
I would like to ask on behalf of a dv2017 friend who happens to have filled both the initial application and the ds260 as a single applicant (omitting the spouse and kids)
This is as the applicant didn't have photos of the rest of the family during the time of submission of initial application.
Now,the applicant is stuck-doesn't know whether he should unlock the ds260 and include the family or just proceed to go on as a single applicant.
I humbly request you to kindly chip in and give an insight on how this situation should be handled.

Lastly, i want to spread my warm Thanks to 3 People(SusieQQQ, Sm1smom andBritsimon) to whom along with almighty God, I attribute my success in DV2016 journey.

It's now my 2nd Month in the States,at PennState in particular,:cool:really enjoying the place and am grateful for having bumped into this forum back in May2015 at a time when i needed it most as i was green,not knowing anything in the whole process-the only thing i knew was to print the 1NL:D.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Chalo,

Congrats on your selection and its good to know you are having a great time in the U.S. Below is information with instructions from the department of state website in regards to spouse and kids in DV Lottery applications. I hope it clarifies your question.

Failure to list your eligible spouse will result in your disqualification as the Diversity Visa principal applicant and refusal of all visa applications in your case at the time of the visa interview. You must list your spouse even if you currently are separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). A spouse who is already a U.S. citizen or LPR will not require or be issued a visa. Therefore, if you select “married and my spouse IS a U.S. citizen or U.S. LPR” on your entry, you will not be prompted to include further information on your spouse.

I think the best for your friend is to apply for DV2019 with his family, since DV2018 is already closed and forget about this selection, since it wont be a good idea to go on this interview with lies of been single and get in bigger troubles.

Last edited:
Hi Chaco,

Congrats on your selection and its good to know you are having a great time in the U.S. Below is information with instructions from the department of state website in regards to spouse and kids in DV Lottery applications. I hope it clarifies your question.

Failure to list your eligible spouse will result in your disqualification as the Diversity Visa principal applicant and refusal of all visa applications in your case at the time of the visa interview. You must list your spouse even if you currently are separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). A spouse who is already a U.S. citizen or LPR will not require or be issued a visa. Therefore, if you select “married and my spouse IS a U.S. citizen or U.S. LPR” on your entry, you will not be prompted to include further information on your spouse.
Thank you!Wow!How i wish he would have known about that before applying.Really tough situation.Thanks for sharing the information bro.

Thank you!Wow!How i wish he would have known about that before applying.Really tough situation.Thanks for sharing the information bro.

No problem and its a shame he missed that opportunity for not completing the entry correctly. Take care and best of luck to you :)

Dear Experts,

Now,the applicant is stuck-doesn't know whether he should unlock the ds260 and include the family or just proceed to go on as a single applicant.If so,are there any repercussions that come with choosing to omit a section of the family from the initial application and deciding to add them on the ds260?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the US, glad to know you're enjoying yourself at Penn State - great place to be.

Regarding your friend's case, there's really no solution to his self inflicted problem to forget about this selection. Including the family on his DS260 is guaranteed to lead to a denial - he was supposed to have listed his family on his eDV registration.

Continuing as single on the other hand is fraudulent which could lead to a life time ban from the US upon discovery. If on the other hand he somehow manages to get a visa while claiming he's single, he will never be able to bring his family to the US at a later date.

Why didn't he know about it? It is very, very clear in the instructions that accompany the entry form.

I had submitted my DS 260 on June and my case number is 192**, but during this month i will have to unlock it to add new baby . and by the way maybe i will update my occupation in the passport but im not sure yet .as the change the occupation in my passport will take about 50 days so i would like to ask these questions :
1- regarding to my case number when the second letter will be sent if i unlock the froms??
2- Is it necessary to change the occupation in my valid passport to be matching with my education or not??? or no need to delay the processing more??
thanks

I had submitted my DS 260 on June and my case number is 192**, but during this month i will have to unlock it to add new baby . and by the way maybe i will update my occupation in the passport but im not sure yet .as the change the occupation in my passport will take about 50 days so i would like to ask these questions :
1- regarding to my case number when the second letter will be sent if i unlock the froms??
2- Is it necessary to change the occupation in my valid passport to be matching with my education or not??? or no need to delay the processing more??
thanks

1. Adding the baby won't cause a delay.
2. It is not necessary. Your occupation has nothing to do with immigration.