• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Hi guys! My interview is coming up and I get so anxious and worried. I go over and over the instructions and my papers trying to find a hole in my case.
Could a trip to Iraq jeoperdize the visa?? I traveled to Baghdad for less than 24h for business 3 years ago. Should I be prepared for this? I have the stamp in my passport....

Hi guys! My interview is coming up and I get so anxious and worried. I go over and over the instructions and my papers trying to find a hole in my case.
Could a trip to Iraq jeoperdize the visa?? I traveled to Baghdad for less than 24h for business 3 years ago. Should I be prepared for this? I have the stamp in my passport....
Depending on your circumstances, yes travel to a select group of countries, including Iraq, might trigger additional AP security clearance requirements. There is nothing you can do about this at this stage - if additional processing should be required, you won't be able to resolve it at the Consulate interview itself alone, however be prepared to answer any related questions, if necessary. Biometrics information is required to conduct AP security clearance processes. PS: hopefully "Kelly" is not your real family name, I know for a fact that this one, across a wide first/other name basis, will trigger all types of name check issues (which all eventually can be resolved, of course, in due time).

Last edited:
Depending on your circumstances, yes travel to a select group of countries, including Iraq, might trigger additional AP security clearance requirements. There is nothing you can do about this at this stage - if additional processing should be required, you won't be able to resolve it at the Consulate interview itself alone, however be prepared to answer any related questions, if necessary. Biometrics information is required to conduct AP security clearance processes. PS: hopefully "Kelly" is not your real family name, I know for a fact that this one, across a wide first/other name basis, will trigger all types of name check issues (which all eventually can be resolved, of course, in due time).
Thank you EURO2014!

Hi guys! I m little bit confused about my process. I submitted the form in JUN, (case no: EU16K) I'm residing in the U.S. with the active F- 1 for more than 2 years. I picked the interview place as a my country. Currentl, I'm waiting for the interview date. As soon as I get the e-mail for the interview, I will fly for it. Here is the questions:
1- Do I need the get a police clearance letter? If I need it from where?
2- What documents should I take with me for interview when I'm going back home?

Thank you for the great forum. Looking forward to get an answer.

Hi guys! I m little bit confused about my process. I submitted the form in JUN, (case no: EU16K) I'm residing in the U.S. with the active F- 1 for more than 2 years. I picked the interview place as a my country. Currentl, I'm waiting for the interview date. As soon as I get the e-mail for the interview, I will fly for it. Here is the questions:
1- Do I need the get a police clearance letter? If I need it from where?
2- What documents should I take with me for interview when I'm going back home?

Thank you for the great forum. Looking forward to get an answer.

Where did you list your current address? It may be worth confirming with KCC that they have you listed for consular processing and not AOS.

Please ensure you read the instructions linked from your letter carefully as they detail where you need a police certificate from (not the US but certainly other countries you lived in since 16) as well as the other documents you need. Having a proper checklist as provided in the official pages is preferable to asking perhaps incomplete questions on a forum and relying on answers to those.

Where did you list your current address? It may be worth confirming with KCC that they have you listed for consular processing and not AOS.

Please ensure you read the instructions linked from your letter carefully as they detail where you need a police certificate from (not the US but certainly other countries you lived in since 16) as well as the other documents you need. Having a proper checklist as provided in the official pages is preferable to asking perhaps incomplete questions on a forum and relying on answers to those.

Thanks, I have called the KCC. Even though my current address is in the U.S , I selected the interview location my born country. Representer told me, they send the forms where is selected in the form. Thanks

Thanks, I have called the KCC. Even though my current address is in the U.S , I selected the interview location my born country. Representer told me, they send the forms where is selected in the form. Thanks

I think that is not correct. They normally want an address in the country you choose. That includes people in the USA.

I think that is not correct. They normally want an address in the country you choose. That includes people in the USA.
So, I was told that I can reside in the U.S until my interview date in my country. This information was given me by the Embassy in my country.However, I picked the interview location as a my country. So, I listed the all the address that I lived so far. Currently, I'm residing in the U.S.. What should I do? I called the KCC again, they told me forms will be sent to the consular process.

Last edited:
So, I was told that I can reside in the U.S until my interview date in my country. This information was given me by the Embassy in my country. So, I listed the all the address that I lived so far. Currently, I'm residing in the U.S.. What should I do? Call the KCC again?

You can do that - although past experience is that the answers you get might vary each time you call.

Hello I have two questions please:
- I am selected in DV 2017 and I am waiting for the interview, I got married after being selected and submitted DS260 with my husband. We are scared that we won't be approved a visa because they may doubt the bona fide of our marriage so we want to apply for the DV 2018 in case because we don't want to waste a whole year. Do we have the right to do that? or can it cause our disqualification?
- We submitted our DS260 two months ago but I found out that the dates in my educational background are not correct ( the years are correct but the months aren't), should I unlock our ds260 and correct them? or is it not necessary since the years of attendance from -to are correct?

Thank you so much for your help

Hello I have two questions please:
- I am selected in DV 2017 and I am waiting for the interview, I got married after being selected and submitted DS260 with my husband. We are scared that we won't be approved a visa because they may doubt the bona fide of our marriage so we want to apply for the DV 2018 in case because we don't want to waste a whole year. Do we have the right to do that? or can it cause our disqualification?
- We submitted our DS260 two months ago but I found out that the dates in my educational background are not correct ( the years are correct but the months aren't), should I unlock our ds260 and correct them? or is it not necessary since the years of attendance from -to are correct?

Thank you so much for your help

You can apply for DV2018, but in the meanwhile as you are already selected be sure to take evidence to the interview that your relationship is a genuine one. This is a much better plan than hoping to be drawn again next year.

It's better to correct the DS260, I don't believe this is a major error but if you have time to get it corrected then do so, it's always best to have an accurate DS.

Hi, am grateful for your comments. am a DV2017 selectee and my interview is scheduled for Dec with my whole family (hubby and 2 kids).
i have met the dv qualifications but I lost my original certificate. I have visited the examining board in my country and they have said they will forward my certified copy to them. Pls advice me, will the embassy strictly ask for my original.

Hi, am grateful for your comments. am a DV2017 selectee and my interview is scheduled for Dec with my whole family (hubby and 2 kids).
i have met the dv qualifications but I lost my original certificate. I have visited the examining board in my country and they have said they will forward my certified copy to them. Pls advice me, will the embassy strictly ask for my original.
If you are referring to your High School Degree, yes the Consulate will want to see the original document from you, in order to avoid fraud. Possibly a notarized or otherwise official replacement copy will do. I simple copy most likely will not. Good luck!

If it's an official version from the official examining board it should be an acceptable replacement. If it comes directly from the examining board that's a plus, as it shows authenticity.

Thanks alot for your replies.
Am hoping for the best because all through my process i have given nothing but the truth in all my progress. Am looking forward for my interview and pray that God will give me and my family the victory.

HI please i wish to find out if on the ds260 you put the city in which you where born while your birth certificate and passport has the quater in the same city you where born. will it be a major call during my interview or should i unlock and correct with the city name.

Hey everyone,
one question for the DS260: Currently I'm an expatriate (mother company in home country sent me abroad to work for a subsidiary company). Mother company pays my salary and generally takes care of me. But: I live abroad and I am working on the premisses of the subsidiary company abroad. Can't really tell which answer I am required to name as my current employer. Thanks for your time & help!

Hey everyone,
one question for the DS260: Currently I'm an expatriate (mother company in home country sent me abroad to work for a subsidiary company). Mother company pays my salary and generally takes care of me. But: I live abroad and I am working on the premisses of the subsidiary company abroad. Can't really tell which answer I am required to name as my current employer. Thanks for your time & help!

The "mother company". Don't overthink it.

Hey everyone,

Your current employer is the company in your home country.

Thanks to both of you :)

Another question: I will move early next year. Would it be a problem, if by that time I wouldn't be able to unlock & change my current address?
I already selected a consulate in my home country & put my parents address as mailing address so that at least this would always be okay for me.