• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Hi, I just received a call from Abu Dhabi Embassy that moved our interview of tomorrow in another day. Someone know of similar episodes?
This is stressful and puts me in confusion
What do you suggest to do?
They told me to bring the appointment letter, but it is indicated the date of tomorrow.
Thanks

Hi, I just received a call from Abu Dhabi Embassy that moved our interview of tomorrow in another day. Someone know of similar episodes?
This is stressful and puts me in confusion
What do you suggest to do?
They told me to bring the appointment letter, but it is indicated the date of tomorrow.
Thanks

This has happened occasionally. Follow their instructions. The appointment letter won't update.

To be honest, after all these months of waiting I find it unfair. We took hours from job, we have medical examination ready and hope that this will not a problem for us. Our intention was to go tomorrow morning because we have no written notification showing the daily exchange rate.

To be honest, after all these months of waiting I find it unfair. We took hours from job, we have medical examination ready and hope that this will not a problem for us. Our intention was to go tomorrow morning because we have no written notification showing the daily exchange rate.

Months of waiting?? Unfair? When you're actually interviewing within the first month of the FY?:rolleyes: Oh well!

How long was the interview delayed for? Just reverse your job leave and take it when you need it?

I do not understand your sarcasm, oh well .. certainly we are waiting for months, I believe that from May to October are months of waiting and is frustrating.

Months of waiting?? Unfair? When you're actually interviewing within the first month of the FY?:rolleyes: Oh well!
I do not understand your sarcasm, oh well .. certainly we are waiting for months, I believe that from May to October are months of waiting and is frustrating.

Keep in mind that this process takes time and requires patience. Just been selected its very difficult and you are part of small % of people that was selected. People not selected would do anything to have this kind of opportunity. Keep calm and wait for your interview.

Some people will be waiting till 30 September 2017.
I'm not sure why it's "frustrating" to wait when you should know all along that the very first interviews are in October 2016, I can understand those who end up with high case numbers interviewing nearly a year from NOW to find it frustrating...
And of course all of these are nothing compared to people who go through the normal immigration processes in the US. Some people wait more than ten years to get an interview.
So in the big scheme of things, a little delay for you really is nothing.

Hi! I won in DV 2017 when the second withdrawal was done. Anyone knows how long it will take, more or less, to be scheduled for an interview? I already submitted the DS260 form for me and my husband, last month. Really not a patient girl

Hi! I won in DV 2017 when the second withdrawal was done. Anyone knows how long it will take, more or less, to be scheduled for an interview? I already submitted the DS260 form for me and my husband, last month. Really not a patient girl

Not a patient girl? FYI: the DV process requires a lot of patience, so be prepared for a long wait. You've not provided any information as to your CN, regardless I can hazard a guess and say your interview probably wouldn't be until August/September 2017 - assuming your CN becomes current.

Not a patient girl? FYI: the DV process requires a lot of patience, so be prepared for a long wait. You've not provided any information as to your CN, regardless I can hazard a guess and say your interview probably wouldn't be until August/September 2017 - assuming your CN becomes current.
Thank you first of all for your reply! My CN is 2017EU239xx. Well...I guess is better later than never!

Last edited by a moderator:
You add BOTH families. So, for example, you have 4 family members, your sponsor is married and has 1 child. That is a total of 7 and the minimum income required would be $36730 (at 100% of federal poverty guidelines). A few embassies might incorrectly apply the 125% of FPG level (which applies to I-864 but is not supposed to be applied to the I-134) meaning the income should be greater than $45912.

The form itself could be provided early BUT the supporting income documents (payslips/W2/1040) should be recent.
Thanks @Britsimon ,

I actually have found the sponsor and he earn more than $50000 year incoming ,so do you think that is good enough sponsoring 4+4 members ?..

Best Regards..

Thanks @Britsimon ,

I actually have found the sponsor and he earn more than $50000 year incoming ,so do you think that is good enough sponsoring 4+4 members ?..

Best Regards..

There's debate here re if it needs to be 100% or 125% of the poverty guideline. If the former it's ok, if the latter maybe not as it is just over $51k needed.

There's debate here re if it needs to be 100% or 125% of the poverty guideline. If the former it's ok, if the latter maybe not as it is just over $51k needed.
Yes it is a confusing issue, 25% it is really makes a different ..I have to call the US embassy in Skopje Macedonia and find out do they apply 125% of FPG level ?

Or maybe any member from forum can advice me does the US embassy in Skopje Macedonia apply 125% of FPG level ... which already passed through the interview process?

Thank you @SusieQQQ

Yes it is a confusing issue, 25% it is really makes a different ..I have to call the US embassy in Skopje Macedonia and find out do they apply 125% of FPG level ?

Or maybe any member from forum can advice me does the US embassy in Skopje Macedonia apply 125% of FPG level ... which already passed through the interview process?

Thank you @SusieQQQ

The rules (9 FAM) are crystal clear that the 125% level does not apply to the I-134. However, the I-134 used to be the only type of affidavit of support used, so the 125% level was previously applied to the I-134 when the form was used in other IV cases such as family based cases. There may be some COs that still use the 125% standard because of that older approach, and there is one embassy (Tirana) that still routinely applies the 125% standard to the I-134. This is "incorrect", but it happens.

Mom takes the more cautious approach in advising people to follow the 125% standard, and if you can - that's great. However, if you can't, because the number is somewhere between 100% and 125%, you can decide whether to risk it or not. It is your choice.

There is almost no point asking the embassy, the decision is made by the CO - based on the circumstances around the case.