• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

mom, I requested unlocking my DS-260 in July and changed the address from the US to abroad (interview location requested was always abroad). I didn't email them with a request to change to CP, as I thought the change on the form would be enough. Should I email them? Thanks

That's the root of your problem. Because the front page is looked once you make your initial selection and submit the form, changes to interview location has to be emailed to KCC. Just changing the address inside the form is not enough to let them know you plan on changing from aosmto CP. So yes, send in an email.

There's is no formal/official way of checking. If your CN is current and you're not scheduled when others with similar numbers as scheduled for their interview, then it means your DS260 is yet to be processed (assuming you're going through the CP route).
Yup, I knew that much, but the certainty that his case is not processed yet made me wonder. Thanks!
I also submitted in June and still have my hopes up for a November interview.

Yup, I knew that much, but the certainty that his case is not processed yet made me wonder. Thanks!

Xpucu, I might be on a slightly different boat due to my AOS --> CP change. Anyhow, I said my forms are not yet processed because KCC tells me so when I call them. Mom, is that not necessarily an accurate way to check?

Xpucu, I might be on a slightly different boat due to my AOS --> CP change. Anyhow, I said my forms are not yet processed because KCC tells me so when I call them. Mom, is that not necessarily an accurate way to check?

Yes one may check that way, however it isn't a required step and we're carefully staying away from telling people to do that as the information they get doesn't necessarily do much anyway. Imagine if everyone who submits a DS260 form starts calling KCC to find out if their form has been processed on or not, what time will be left for KCC to actually process the forms after having to field all the phone calls? Even people with high CN which will not be current say till July/August 2017 will be calling KCC as early as September 2016 to find out if their form has been processed, of what good is that information to them?

If you've been carefully following the conversation regarding his case, you will note the fact that he's changing from AOS to CP and I clearly explained the fact that the forms for those doing AOS do not get processed by KCC regardless of how early the form was submitted. His form processing is experiencing delay because he initially opted to process AOS.

Mom has a good point.
And indeed the information is pretty meaningless other than "knowing"... especially as, for example, you could call one day to be told no and then half an hour later, they have finished processing!! The only really useful information is when you get your 2NL....

Hi Brit ..have one question , a supporter of I-134
Hi @Britsimon ..have one question , a supporter of I-134 how much most he earn if he want to support a family with 4 members .Is it over 24 300 dollars earning (https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines) , and can I get early the I-134 form from my supporter even that I haven't yet received the 2NL .Does the form have validity 3 to 6 month ?

Best Regards..

Last edited:
Hi @Britsimon ..have one question , a supporter of I-134 how much most he earn if he want to support a family with 4 members .Is it over 24 300 dollars earning (https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines) , and can I get early the I-134 form from my supporter even that I haven't yet received the 2NL .Does the form have validity 3 to 6 month ?

Best Regards..

You add BOTH families. So, for example, you have 4 family members, your sponsor is married and has 1 child. That is a total of 7 and the minimum income required would be $36730 (at 100% of federal poverty guidelines). A few embassies might incorrectly apply the 125% of FPG level (which applies to I-864 but is not supposed to be applied to the I-134) meaning the income should be greater than $45912.

The form itself could be provided early BUT the supporting income documents (payslips/W2/1040) should be recent.

Hi guys! I have news.
Last week I received my notification from KCC that my appointment with embassy is in first week of November! Now we have to wait to take our medical exams one month before the interview!! Not allowed to take it earlier!!
Now that the appointment is set, I get more and more anxious, that something will go wrong. For instance, I am thinking, do they need only my high school graduation, or even secondary and elementary one?? i am going bananas!!
A serious one is that I have a relative in the US and He has prepared and affidavit I864. Is that wrong?? Did he have to complete an I134 one?? In any case I864 is stronger, isnt it??
If my father wires me in my US account 50,000$ is that enough for the clause not to become of public charge?? I remind you we are a family of 4.
What else could be asked in the interview?? I am so nervous!!!

Hi guys! I have news.
Last week I received my notification from KCC that my appointment with embassy is in first week of November! Now we have to wait to take our medical exams one month before the interview!! Not allowed to take it earlier!!
Now that the appointment is set, I get more and more anxious, that something will go wrong. For instance, I am thinking, do they need only my high school graduation, or even secondary and elementary one?? i am going bananas!!
A serious one is that I have a relative in the US and He has prepared and affidavit I864. Is that wrong?? Did he have to complete an I134 one?? In any case I864 is stronger, isnt it??
If my father wires me in my US account 50,000$ is that enough for the clause not to become of public charge?? I remind you we are a family of 4.

THe I-864 cannot be used in DV cases.

Hi guys! I have news.

Like Simon said above ^^ an I-864 (regardless of how strong it is is not applicable to DV). Your relative should prepare an I-134 for you.

Regarding the educational documents, take everything you have along to the interview. They can decide what they need you to present when you get there.

thank you Simon and mom!
however, is I-134 mandatory, or if I have a US bank statement with 50,000 $ I am clear in no need for any such document?

thank you :)

thank you Simon and mom!
however, is I-134 mandatory, or if I have a US bank statement with 50,000 $ I am clear in no need for any such document?

thank you :)

Depends on the embassy where your interview will be taking place - some insist on it being presented, others don't.

Regarding the use of a bank statement, I would expect them to question you as to the sudden deposit of such a large amount of money in the account. As long as you're able to satisfactorily answer that, you may be okay.

Hello Every one,
i have joined this forum today and i found this forum very useful for those who win DV lottery. i would like to get advise and experience from all of you for the following my 2 points.
1. i am a DV 2017 (sorry i wrongly typed 2107 for my earlier post) selected CN 2017AF000020xx, a principal applicant, married and have 2 under 10 years children and submitted my DS 260 on mid July 2016. in this case when should i expect my 2NL?
2. What are some of assumed interview questions for such case applicants based on the past experience. i am second degree graduate and my wife also graduate from university with BA degree FYI.
Regards,

Hello Every one,
i have joined this forum today and i found this forum very useful for those who win DV lottery. i would like to get advise and experience from all of you for the following my 2 points.
1. i am a DV 2017 (sorry i wrongly typed 2107 for my earlier post) selected CN 2017AF000020xx, a principal applicant, married and have 2 under 10 years children and submitted my DS 260 on mid July 2016. in this case when should i expect my 2NL?
2. What are some of assumed interview questions for such case applicants based on the past experience. i am second degree graduate and my wife also graduate from university with BA degree FYI.
Regards,

1. Read this:
http://britsimonsays.com/dv2017-basic-questions/

2. Search the forum for past interview experiences, especially as related to your applicable embassy. The search box is located at the top of the page.

can a 2017 selectee check status on the ceac website.. A friend is getting invalid case number.... they have a really low case number but have not been scheduled for interview yet...

can a 2017 selectee check status on the ceac website.. A friend is getting invalid case number.... they have a really low case number but have not been scheduled for interview yet...

DV 2017 cases are not yet uploaded into CEAC.