• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Hello Sm1, my question are:

1. My wife being the PA, registered with her High School Certificate and on the DS-260 form they were asking of occupation. She completed SHS in 2011 and was working as a bartender currently, so what must she put there. So if she uses Bartender, won't they use that to access her?

2. We gotten married in 2012 but had marriage certificate last year. Should we put the date we got married or the date the civil registration took place, eventhough the date we got married occurs on the certificate.

Hello Sm1, my question are:

1. My wife being the PA, registered with her High School Certificate and on the DS-260 form they were asking of occupation. She completed SHS in 2011 and was working as a bartender currently, so what must she put there. So if she uses Bartender, won't they use that to access her?

2. We gotten married in 2012 but had marriage certificate last year. Should we put the date we got married or the date the civil registration took place, eventhough the date we got married occurs on the certificate.

1. Provide high school information under the school section on the DS-260 form. Provide her bar tending information under the work experience section. Providing the work experience does not mean she'll automatically be accessed based on work experience, if she meets the educational requirements, that's what will be used.

2. The actual marriage date, since that date is noted on the marriage certificate itself.

Thanks for your response. And please educate me on this: number of educational institutions attended,

1. If we stated 3 educational institutions, should we start with the lowest level that's from junior high.
2. Can we also include vocational training certificate.
3. Why do they ask on the form: degree or diploma obtained since here in my country they issue certificate at SHS

Thanks for your response. And please educate me on this: number of educational institutions attended,

1. If we stated 3 educational institutions, should we start with the lowest level that's from junior high.
2. Can we also include vocational training certificate.
3. Why do they ask on the form: degree or diploma obtained since here in my country they issue certificate at SHS

1. I really don't think it should matter. However, you can start with the highest and work backwards.

2. Vocational schooling does not qualify, so I personally don't see the significance of listing it, unless it can help in establishing financial stability.

3. They ask for degree or diploma because that's the language used in the US, the form isn't applicable to your country alone. So you can select Diploma in place of the HS certificate.

Wasn't this the first question?

Hi Susie, hope you can give me a vivid
breakdown on this question Question:
Present and Previous Address "Have you
lived anywhere other than this address since
the age of sixteen?
My point: At age sixteen I was in my Senior
High School; second year i.e. 1996. I
graduated the following year 1997. But then
I was on campus/boarding house, and I only
spend 3-months in school and return home.
We have 3-terms in a year. I haven't stayed
at my new place(school) continuously for
over 6-months. I go home and return to
school till I completed.
Question 1: Do I have to forget about the
school date stuff?December 1997, I returned
home finally.
Question 2: Will it be possible to get a copy
of an already filled DS-260 to cross check.
Question 3: Mum and dad's date of birth
unknown. Is it a must for me to know and
also fill the DoB of both parents at the
appropriate place on the DS-260 form?
Hope to reading from you soon.

I'm pretty sure these questions were answered, I distinctly remembering answering 1 and 3 anyway. If not you someone else asked the same things. We always recommend people browse the forums before posting so we don't get tens of people asking the exact same thing.

Hi Susie, yeah I really remembered you answering two of my questions and whilst the remaining question was thrown to bro. Simon which he also answered.

Hello,
When reading the thread of messages concerning others yesterday, I came across a Ghanaian who was denied a DV entry permit at the embassy together with the partner for a mistake such as Mrs. Yyy Hhh Bbb instead of Mrs. Yyy Bbb Hhh.

Q1. Is it rare? Possible to deny a visa based that mistake. Even to stage of someone have a mistake in year of birth.

If you haven't already understood, let me explain.

Ghana sees very high levels of real fraud. False documents, eDVs filled in incorrectly by agents (and selectees trying to lie or create documents to match the story), fake marriages. You name it - the Ghana embassy sees it. This should not be a surprise to you or anyone else in Ghana. And to others I say please let's not have some nationalistic, childish reaction (as I have had from some Ghanaian's previously) to the truth I am saying. This means that refusals in Ghana are going to be high.

Now - that is what the COs in Accra are dealing with on a daily basis. Their reaction to that reality seems to have been a swing in the other direction. They are extremely sensitive to small errors, they are very picky (even dismissive) about genuine documents and they are even administering oral tests to confirm stated education (against guidelines). If they see one or two small errors they assume some sort of fraud even in cases which I believe are genuine. They end up refusing cases incorrectly. The combination of accurate and inaccurate refusals means the chance of approval in Accra is low. Very low.

For a case to be approved in Ghana your eDV should have been accurate. Your preparation needs to be excellent. Your documents need to be genuine. Your education needs to be well documented. Above all, you must be genuine - they have seen many liars, and have I am sure quite expert at identifying liars.

Mi
Hello,
When reading the thread of messages concerning others yesterday, I came across a Ghanaian who was denied a DV entry permit at the embassy together with the partner for a mistake such as Mrs. Yyy Hhh Bbb instead of Mrs. Yyy Bbb Hhh.

Q1. Is it rare? Possible to deny a visa based that mistake. Even to stage of someone have a mistake in year of birth.
Mine is not year but day .for the month and year is correct ....

There was this question concerning occupation(job). They ask if the job selected requires at least 2 years of training or experience.

Q: if it doesn't require 2 years of training or experience; will the applicant be denied eventhough she has worked for three years in the field and apply for the DV entry with her HS certificate.

There was this question concerning occupation(job). They ask if the job selected requires at least 2 years of training or experience.

Q: if it doesn't require 2 years of training or experience; will the applicant be denied eventhough she has worked for three years in the field and apply for the DV entry with her HS certificate.

Yes. the requirement is 2 years of both training and experience.
So applicant with 3 years of experience but not 2 years of training Will be denied.

The selectee will be assessed based on educational qualifications.

If that is the case then she have to ignore the job that she listed. Since she didn't get up to the 2 years training requirement.....what about that Sm1. I'm enquiring about this, due to the way things are being handled here at the US embassy, Accra. In other not to commit herself in any way. I also do understand your point that the PA will be access based on her educational credentials.

If that is the case then she have to ignore the job that she listed. Since she didn't get up to the 2 years training requirement.....what about that Sm1. I'm enquiring about this, due to the way things are being handled here at the US embassy, Accra. In other not to commit herself in any way. I also do understand your point that the PA will be access based on her educational credentials.

Regardless of whether she'll be using educational qualifications or not, everyone is still expected to fill out the work experience section of the form if they've worked before. The number of years' training is immaterial. Not listing the job will appear like she's trying to hide something.