• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

My appointment was scheduled at 9:30am on 29/12. I got to the venue at 9:05am but was allowed in anyway. Passport and ds260 check at the security.
While seated in, I realized after a while I was the very last of the IVDV group to have arrived.
Then the long wait began (I reckon we sat for an aggregate of 4+ hours). This is because DV cases are the very last to be handled.
We were called at counter 1 for briefing and payments, that was when I realized I was the first on their list (I really wanted to be the last). After 2 hours waiting Doc inspection and submission was at counter 3. The lady at this counter was very nice, she kept smiling back.
There was a lady who had to go out get new passport photos again. Another lady didn't have copies of the documents. They all had to go out, get missing docs and all of these was really stressful for them. Indeed It's very very very important to be well prepared.

We were 7 in total with Dv cases. Was first to be called after an hour for the interview at counter 7. When I was called I could see the other 6 people got tensed and alerted immediately and were all ears looking forward to the outcome.
I like to talk a lot but on this day, I was a bit tensed from so long sitting, so I had decided not to give out unnecessary information to the CO, only concise answers to his questions. But the CO I had met was tempting. He was a young, soft spoken chatty guy and I could see he was only asking questions because he didn't have the information; not trick questions or using psychology..bla bla. //
Took finger prints
Lift up your right hand and swear bla bla
What's your Longest duration of travel abroad...I have traveled a lot to Europe and he asked me about ALL of these trips. I told him a lot about one of my work related trips, I don't know why he was enjoying it but we chatted a lot on this one question.
Married?
Children?
Which highschool?

And that was it. No affidavit (I had an AOS ready as well as my work experience file britsimon style all ready), no questions about host...he handed me the blue sheet and said 'congrats my friend, please don't make any travel arrangements until you pick up your passport'. My interview duration was about 10 mins. As I walked out I could see the sigh of encouragement on the faces of the other guys. Really hope they all had their visas.

My appointment was scheduled at 9:30am on 29/12. I got to the venue at 9:05am but was allowed in anyway. Passport and ds260 check at the security.
While seated in, I realized after a while I was the very last of the IVDV group to have arrived.
Then the long wait began (I reckon we sat for an aggregate of 4+ hours). This is because DV cases are the very last to be handled.
We were called at counter 1 for briefing and payments, that was when I realized I was the first on their list (I really wanted to be the last). After 2 hours waiting Doc inspection and submission was at counter 3. The lady at this counter was very nice, she kept smiling back.
There was a lady who had to go out get new passport photos again. Another lady didn't have copies of the documents. They all had to go out, get missing docs and all of these was really stressful for them. Indeed It's very very very important to be well prepared.

We were 7 in total with Dv cases. Was first to be called after an hour for the interview at counter 7. When I was called I could see the other 6 people got tensed and alerted immediately and were all ears looking forward to the outcome.
I like to talk a lot but on this day, I was a bit tensed from so long sitting, so I had decided not to give out unnecessary information to the CO, only concise answers to his questions. But the CO I had met was tempting. He was a young, soft spoken chatty guy and I could see he was only asking questions because he didn't have the information; not trick questions or using psychology..bla bla. //
Took finger prints
What's your Longest duration of travel abroad...I have traveled a lot to Europe and he asked me about ALL of these trips. I told him a lot about one of my work related trips, I don't know why he was enjoying it but we chatted a lot on this one question.
Married?
Children?
Which highschool?

And that was it. No affidavit (I had an AOS ready as well as my work experience file britsimon style all ready), no questions about host...he handed me the blue sheet and said 'congrats my friend, please don't make any travel arrangements until you pick up your passport'. My interview duration was about 10 mins. As I walked out I could see the sigh of encouragement on the faces of the other guys. Really hope they all had their visas.

Thanks for the brief.

Took finger prints
Married?
Children?
Which highschool?

Congrat bro, we are waiting for you....

Took finger prints
Married?
Children?
Which highschool?

Congrats!!!

Hi, the ds260 asks for educational institutions and qualifications attained. So you can't list only the NovDec without adding your remedial institution assuming you didn't register as a private individual. Note that you wont be qualified with education if you didn't attend an SHS. But if you took the NovDec in addition to wassce, then no worries, simply state the school on the form, and carry both certificates with you during interview.
I also thought so...They ask for educational institutions attended.I didn't attended any remedial institute before the exams.

Took finger prints
Married?
Children?
Which highschool?

Congratulations bro.......

Took finger prints
Married?
Children?
Which highschool?

Congrat man

Took finger prints
Married?
Children?
Which highschool?

Bro. any idea the reason for the delay in the release of passports of some December interviewees?

Took finger prints
Married?
Children?
Which highschool?

Congrats again and its good to see that your interview went very well :)

It appears Dhl does not give any notification when passports are ready for pickup. Once your status on ceac updates to issued, simply show up at the office, with a copy of your id, and pickup! Picked up my stuff today.

Hi Cashes, have you heard anything from the embassy with regards to the receipt of passport and package. Also had approval on the 12th December but yet to receive my passport. Can those who have received their passport let us know how long it took after the interview
Hello Righteous
I am even in the states now. I have been here for almost a week now. A friend of mine also has the same situation that you are having now. But hold on tight you will get the package.

Now to my experience.
I have to cut out all the normal routine that everybody goes through to get to the questions.
After the swearing and stuffs. The Co told me that he has reviewed all my documents and he had some questions for me.
1. First where is your wife.
I answered and he said that means you wife will follow to join you and I said yes.
2. He asked about the changes I made to the DS260. What I did change there.
3. Where did I get married. I answered
4. When did I get married.
5. How the marriage was performed. My wedding was a court marriage not a white marriage. So I gave a brief of that. He told me he was not interested in pictures.
6. How old was my wife then.
7. How I met my wife and how long till we got married.
8. When was the last time I saw my wife.
9. Where my wife lives and do you have a child?
10. When did I complete ShS?
11. How old was I?
12. What will I be doing in the US?
He then told me that my case has been approved.
NB I won the lottery with my wife. All her information was included in the edv so I had no problem with that and also she filled the ds260 too but still he had to make sure he did through checks on my marriage.
Be careful anyone who tries to use sham marriage because you will be caught.
I am now in the US and my wife will join me before the fiscal year. All these things happened because of financial problems and also been nervous of a new country and what it might bring.

Now to my experience.
I have to cut out all the normal routine that everybody goes through to get to the questions.
After the swearing and stuffs. The Co told me that he has reviewed all my documents and he had some questions for me.
I answered and he said that means you wife will follow to join you and I said yes.
5. How the marriage was performed. My wedding was a court marriage not a white marriage. So I gave a brief of that. He told me he was not interested in pictures.
11. How old was I?
NB I won the lottery with my wife. All her information was included in the edv so I had no problem with that and also she filled the ds260 too but still he had to make sure he did through checks on my marriage.
I am now in the US and my wife will join me before the fiscal year. All these things happened because of financial problems and also been nervous of a new country and what it might bring.

Congrats on your selection and best of luck in your new life in the U.S.

Now to my experience.
11. How old was I?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.

Not to burst you bubbles but I very much doubt the possibility of your wife joining you as a DV FTJ before the end of the 2017 FY. I believe you will most likely have to sponsor her in order for her to migrate to the US and join you now.

However if you guys succeed in getting her to the US as DV FTJ, do come back and share with us.

Now to my experience.
11. How old was I?
Did they ask u of yur host and did they request for affidavit of support?

Hello Righteous
I am even in the states now. I have been here for almost a week now. A friend of mine also has the same situation that you are having now. But hold on tight you will get the package.
Hello Cashes,
Great to hear that you have already made the journey. Please did you receive any mail from the embassy before you went to DHL for the packet or you just showed up once your status change to Issued. My status have been "Issued" for more than a week but still have not received any mail as I have been told whenever I call the Call Center

It appears Dhl does not give any notification when passports are ready for pickup. Once your status on ceac updates to issued, simply show up at the office, with a copy of your id, and pickup! Picked up my stuff today.
Hi Lucid
Did you receive any mail from the embassy after your status at ceac changed to Issued before going to DHL or you just went when the status changed to ISSUED. Quick turn around reply would be most appreciated. Thanks bro

Hi Lucid
Did you receive any mail from the embassy after your status at ceac changed to Issued before going to DHL or you just went when the status changed to ISSUED. Quick turn around reply would be most appreciated. Thanks bro
Don't worry your head man, I was NOT notified. If your status is issued, just show up with an id+copy.

Don't worry your head man, I was NOT notified. If your status is issued, just show up with an id+copy.
Hi Lucid,
I went to DHL today but was told they have not received my passport and packet from the embassy. My status at ceac has shown ISSUED from December 21, 2016.