• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

But
[QU"smom, post: 2448592, member: 12"]That is a wild accusation you're making. Unless you can substantiate it with verifiable facts, I have to caution you to desist from such accusations in this forum.[/QUOTE]
But why paint that country black? This generation isn't going to last as we are approaching or even in the nuclear age. Let love lead in everything we do. I hope one day the truth will emanate.

But
[QU"smom, post: 2448592, member: 12"]That is a wild accusation you're making. Unless you can substantiate it with verifiable facts, I have to caution you to desist from such accusations in this forum.
But why paint that country black? This generation isn't going to last as we are approaching or even in the nuclear age. Let love lead in everything we do. I hope one day the truth will emanate.[/QUOTE]

Fraud and corruption Ghana will never get better unless people accept the problem. I have seen this indignant defending of the country for years. If only Ghanaians would put as much effort and honor into fixing the corruption rather than trying to pretend there is no problem.

Let me explain.

In a country of 26 million people, nearly 2 million applied for the lottery this year. That is the first clue of obvious fraud and corruption. Several years ago I noticed a massive increase in entries without a corresponding increase in derivatives. The marriage and child rate has not changed, so it is clear that many entries are fraudulent from the beginning by not listing derivatives. I realize agents are possibly to blame - but there are plenty of people who "go along" with this high level of fraud and try to find "solutions" for the lies.

So this MASSIVE rate of entry means one the lowest chances of selection in the world. A Ghana entry has a chance of selection of about 1 chance in 500 years. That is a self inflicted problem. Agents are getting rich from the entries alone. And people are paying the agents to continue this self destructive farce.

The selectees are then often blackmailed by the agents to divulge the winning entry information. Of course, no one is paying attention to the rules, so those cases are often doomed to denial anyway for mistakes or lies on the original entry.

So - how does all this work out? Well Ghana has the worst interview success rate in the world. Obviously the fraudulent beginnings factor into that. But there are genuine cases being refused because of the sheer distrust created by the routinely false cases presented at the embassy. Those who are approved often report seeing a stream of interviews where the result is denial.

And the numbers show the horrible result of all this. Ghana gets around 4000 selectees and turns that into about 400 visas issued for the year over the last couple of years. So - the original 2 million have a 1 in 5000 chance of getting a Green Card - by FAR, the worst track record in the world. The regulars on this site work hard to help and are instrumental in improving those chances for those that listen to us. Without that, I am sure the success rate would be even worse.

This is the problem. No doubt there are some Ghanaians reading this childishly thinking I am attacking Ghana. I have been chastised by young Ghanaians for such comments before. In fact, Ghanaians are ruining this for themselves, and refusing to see the problem will allow this farce to continue. So I too hope for truth...

Hello folks.. I was interviewed on the 13th dec. and I got my case approved. All the questions were basically on my marriage and a previous student visa application that I got denied in 2013. Also note I was questioned about why I unlocked my ds 260 and the changes made.

Hello folks.. I was interviewed on the 13th dec. and I got my case approved. All the questions were basically on my marriage and a previous student visa application that I got denied in 2013. Also note I was questioned about why I unlocked my ds 260 and the changes made.

Congrats on your approval and best of luck in the U.S.

Congratulations. I'm happy for you. Hope you give us a detailed storyline of your interview like all the others. Thanks.

Fraud and corruption Ghana will never get better unless people accept the problem. I have seen this indignant defending of the country for years. If only Ghanaians would put as much effort and honor into fixing the corruption rather than trying to pretend there is no problem.

Let me explain.

In a country of 26 million people, nearly 2 million applied for the lottery this year. That is the first clue of obvious fraud and corruption. Several years ago I noticed a massive increase in entries without a corresponding increase in derivatives. The marriage and child rate has not changed, so it is clear that many entries are fraudulent from the beginning by not listing derivatives. I realize agents are possibly to blame - but there are plenty of people who "go along" with this high level of fraud and try to find "solutions" for the lies.

So this MASSIVE rate of entry means one the lowest chances of selection in the world. A Ghana entry has a chance of selection of about 1 chance in 500 years. That is a self inflicted problem. Agents are getting rich from the entries alone. And people are paying the agents to continue this self destructive farce.

The selectees are then often blackmailed by the agents to divulge the winning entry information. Of course, no one is paying attention to the rules, so those cases are often doomed to denial anyway for mistakes or lies on the original entry.

So - how does all this work out? Well Ghana has the worst interview success rate in the world. Obviously the fraudulent beginnings factor into that. But there are genuine cases being refused because of the sheer distrust created by the routinely false cases presented at the embassy. Those who are approved often report seeing a stream of interviews where the result is denial.

And the numbers show the horrible result of all this. Ghana gets around 4000 selectees and turns that into about 400 visas issued for the year over the last couple of years. So - the original 2 million have a 1 in 5000 chance of getting a Green Card - by FAR, the worst track record in the world. The regulars on this site work hard to help and are instrumental in improving those chances for those that listen to us. Without that, I am sure the success rate would be even worse.

This is the problem. No doubt there are some Ghanaians reading this childishly thinking I am attacking Ghana. I have been chastised by young Ghanaians for such comments before. In fact, Ghanaians are ruining this for themselves, and refusing to see the problem will allow this farce to continue. So I too hope for truth...

You couldn't have said this any better. Most people don't even understand fraud in Ghana. They believe these agents are 'helping' them honestly. Its very sad.

Looks positive I'll have my 2NL in January for March as I submitted Mid August. I'll keep my fingers crossed and will be asking loads of questions in advance. But till then, I wish all who have interviews this month and the next all the best. Will be grateful if we are kept informed. Cheers.

Hope you've got everything sorted out. Let's now how it goes. All the very best.
Yep. police clearance, civil docs, AOS, Edu certificates, work certificates, etc etc.
One observation, I personally don't think it's prudent to delay your medical exam until the last or so week. It costs about 430usd, the dollar rate keeps soaring in Ghana. You could actually perform the exam as soon as you receive your 2nl and have the Doc delay the report until perhaps a week before your interview. They accept vaccination records in the past! So it's possible to actually have ALL/some of the vaccinations done, prior to receiving your 2nl. (If I'd known this I'd have done all my vaccinations looong before). Hep B vaccination takes about 6 months to complete.

I'll pickup my medical report tomoz. No worries, I'll tell you all about my experience once im done, whichever way it goes :)

Yep. police clearance, civil docs, AOS, Edu certificates, work certificates, etc etc.
One observation, I personally don't think it's prudent to delay your medical exam until the last or so week. It costs about 430usd, the dollar rate keeps soaring in Ghana. You could actually perform the exam as soon as you receive your 2nl and have the Doc delay the report until perhaps a week before your interview. They accept vaccination records in the past! So it's possible to actually have ALL/some of the vaccinations done, prior to receiving your 2nl. (If I'd known this I'd have done all my vaccinations looong before). Hep B vaccination takes about 6 months to complete.

I'll pickup my medical report tomoz. No worries, I'll tell you all about my experience once im done, whichever way it goes :)

I'd have loved to do my vaccination. But I thought you'd need a letter first.

Congratulations!!!!!! Very happy for you.

Merry Christmas and Congrats to all the winners. A heads up however.
Successful DV winners with visas will need to pay $220 for the immigrant fee. Not $165 like before. Fees were changed 23rd December, 2016
Congrats once again. Make us proud!

Hello have u gone for your passport n package? How many days did it take?
Hi Cashes, have you heard anything from the embassy with regards to the receipt of passport and package. Also had approval on the 12th December but yet to receive my passport. Can those who have received their passport let us know how long it took after the interview

righteesoness...congrats on yur interviw.It will b sweet if u can post yur experience for others to learn from.Did they ask of any affidavit of support or bank statement?

righteesoness...congrats on yur interviw.It will b sweet if u can post yur experience for others to learn from.Did they ask of any affidavit of support or bank statement?
The interview by the grace of God was straight forward and lasted for less than 3mins. Details will come later but the embassy did not ask for any affidavit of support or bank statement.