• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Hi Susie, hope you can give me a vivid breakdown on this question Question: Present and Previous Address "Have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen?

My point: At age sixteen I was in my Senior High School; second year i.e. 1996. I graduated the following year 1997. But then I was on campus/boarding house, and I only spend 3-months in school and return home. We have 3-terms in a year. I haven't stayed at my new place(school) continuously for over 6-months. I go home and return to school till I completed.

Question 1: Do I have to forget about the school date stuff?December 1997, I returned home finally.
Question 2: Will it be possible to get a copy of an already filled DS-260 to cross check.
Question 3: Mum and dad's date of birth unknown. Is it a must for me to know and also fill the DoB of both parents at the appropriate place on the DS-260 form?

Hope to reading from you soon.

Yere

Last edited:
sorry this is Sammyblankson. then you should maintain the first address. because here in Ghana, we do not stay in school continuously for 6months maximum is 3months. so although culmilatively, u might have spent 27 months during your SHS, these are not continuous.

Yeah, I'd agree that you keep your home address while you were at school as you were not "domiciled" at school.

Re your parents birth dates, is it not on your long form birth certificate? (I know it is not always but just checking) - if you have anything official, or even an estimate put it down. If you really have no idea then leave it blank.

That means I have to use the address of where I was born and bred as my previous address. Then use my new abode as present address.

Yeah, I'd agree that you keep your home address while you were at school as you were not "domiciled" at school.

Re your parents birth dates, is it not on your long form birth certificate? (I know it is not always but just checking) - if you have anything official, or even an estimate put it down. If you really have no idea then leave it blank.
On my birth certificate there is no birth dates for both parents.

Thanks bla
sorry this is Sammyblankson. then you should maintain the first address. because here in Ghana, we do not stay in school continuously for 6months maximum is 3months. so although culmilatively, u might have spent 27 months during your SHS, these are not continuous.
Thanks Sammy. I will ignore it all as you've instructed. Susie also said the same and am so much grateful for your quick response.

Yere

Documentation needed at the interview? 2 do i need to take along financial position of the one God will wll be staying with in usa?

No. you don't need to take along with
you any affidavit of support(financial
position -as you put it) with you. its not
a requirement at the embassy in Ghana.