• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

For all those that have been selected I'm creating a spreadsheet (idea came from the really good one in the DV2015 Drop box) so hopefully will be able to help future selectees with out info :) (So far out DV group is up to 8 - congrats everyone!)

Once you have submitted your DS260 can you let me know please? (Just month is fine) as am going to keep a record of Case numbers (obviously censored - wont need to know yours) when DS 260s were sent and interviews etc

Congrats again all! :)

Ds260 submitted!

Do we need to take fingerprints for an Australian National Police Check? It says on the Department of State website under reciprocal checks it is PREFERRED not necessary? Maybe it's better to do it anyway to be very thorough?

Checking that website was a big relief, I don't need as many checks as I had initially thought! Thank you @EmilyW !

Almost everyone in this thread seems to have won this year and that is amazing. Congrats to you all. But if might ask what do you all have in common? Did you guys apply an early date or something? I understand the selection draw is supposed to be random but there might always some conspiracy assumptions. Thanks.

@Wingpin, you don't need the fingerprint check. The AFP Full Disclosure check is the one to get (Code 33 - this reference will make sense when you get to the site). They want to know both spent and unspent offences. Traffic infringements where you got a fine in the mail and pay it do not show up on the check.

@CHris Jr., if you look at previous years' CEAC data, when you apply is irrelevant. We applied in the last couple of days of October 2013 and were selected. Others apply on the first day of the lottery opening and are not selected. There will always be conspiracy theories around things like this but the KCC play this pretty straight and conservative. They don't have time to pick their favourites or fudge the data.

One thing everyone on this thread DOES have in common is that they applied for the DV Lottery in the OC region.

Almost everyone in this thread seems to have won this year and that is amazing. Congrats to you all. But if might ask what do you all have in common? Did you guys apply an early date or something? I understand the selection draw is supposed to be random but there might always some conspiracy assumptions. Thanks.
...that would be because it's a thread for winners....

Brilliant.

Exactly. I entered last year as well but didn't win and so didn't go looking around on forums. This year I did win however, hence the research and finding this thread!

Hi everyone,

Late to the party, but so excited to find out yesterday that I was selected for further processing in DV-2017! It's always so nerve-racking plugging in your confirmation number and clicking that button to see what's on the other side. :eek:

Like a few of you, I was last selected in DV-2014 with a case number in the 1800's (high—but not quite as high as some that year!). That was my first year submitting, so it was pretty crushing to find out I'd been selected only to research the complexities of the process and discover there was virtually no chance of an interview. I checked the 2014 thread on this forum on-and-off at the time but never posted. Looking back, it was actually quite a good 'trial run' to witness others going through the journey!

This year my CN is 2017OC000008XX so I am so excited. I do notice that it is still on the higher side of those selected in this thread, but I am still very hopeful.

Now onto the DS-260! Luckily I saved my info from the application I submitted in 2014 so the bulk of the work is done.

I am from New Zealand so my (eventual) interview with be in Auckland. Are there any other Kiwi winners so far this year?

Hi everyone,

Late to the party, but so excited to find out yesterday that I was selected for further processing in DV-2017! It's always so nerve-racking plugging in your confirmation number and clicking that button to see what's on the other side. :eek:

Like a few of you, I was last selected in DV-2014 with a case number in the 1800's (high—but not quite as high as some that year!). That was my first year submitting, so it was pretty crushing to find out I'd been selected only to research the complexities of the process and discover there was virtually no chance of an interview. I checked the 2014 thread on this forum on-and-off at the time but never posted. Looking back, it was actually quite a good 'trial run' to witness others going through the journey!

This year my CN is 2017OC000008XX so I am so excited. I do notice that it is still on the higher side of those selected in this thread, but I am still very hopeful.

Now onto the DS-260! Luckily I saved my info from the application I submitted in 2014 so the bulk of the work is done.

I am from New Zealand so my (eventual) interview with be in Auckland. Are there any other Kiwi winners so far this year?

Hi, I also have interview in Auckland,

Hi All,

Congratulations to all who have been selected for DV 2017.

I have also been randomly selected for DV 2017. My case number is 2017OC000008**.
I have already quickly submitted the DS-260 form online, I had submitted this asap as someone told me that I had to get this submitted ASAP in order to get a priority in the interview (& they were wrong). Now, I have the following questions and appreciate your answers:

1. My case number is 2017OC000008** - when can I expect an interview (which month)?
  2. DS-260 - since I rushed submitting this application quickly last week. If there are anything which needs to be changed on this form, how do I do this? I had put in current employment details on this forms, by the time interview comes in 2017 this current employment will be "previous" - how do I solve these things?
  3. DS-260 - I have put in an US address for post of green card? Can this be changed? What is sent to this address? What is the green card gets lost can this be obtained again from US?
  4. Police clearance - do I need the fingerprint certificate or the normal certificate? Typically how long before the interview date is this done?
  5. CV - does this needs to be 1 page or more? What kind of CV is this?
  6. Vaccinations - does this needs to be done before medical? How long before should this be done?
  7. Medical - what kind of things do they test? Chest xray, syphilis, blood test - what else? What if I have throyd, an issue?
  8. US Entry - after the interview and visa stamp, I believe you have 6 months to enter US. Is the 6 months from the medical date or visa date? Does medical needs to be current at the time of US border entry?
  9. Hawaii Entry - can Hawaii entry possible to activate US green card? What if the mail address for green card is given for Florida but I enter through Hawaii or LA, will the airport officials be worried?
  10. Interview notice - how much notice is given by Sydney consulate before the interview? How do they notify of the interview?

Many thanks.

Hi All,

Congratulations to all who have been selected for DV 2017.

I have also been randomly selected for DV 2017. My case number is 2017OC000008**.
I have already quickly submitted the DS-260 form online, I had submitted this asap as someone told me that I had to get this submitted ASAP in order to get a priority in the interview (& they were wrong). Now, I have the following questions and appreciate your answers:

1. My case number is 2017OC000008** - when can I expect an interview (which month)?
  2. DS-260 - since I rushed submitting this application quickly last week. If there are anything which needs to be changed on this form, how do I do this? I had put in current employment details on this forms, by the time interview comes in 2017 this current employment will be "previous" - how do I solve these things?
  3. DS-260 - I have put in an US address for post of green card? Can this be changed? What is sent to this address? What is the green card gets lost can this be obtained again from US?
  4. Police clearance - do I need the fingerprint certificate or the normal certificate? Typically how long before the interview date is this done?
  5. CV - does this needs to be 1 page or more? What kind of CV is this?
  6. Vaccinations - does this needs to be done before medical? How long before should this be done?
  7. Medical - what kind of things do they test? Chest xray, syphilis, blood test - what else? What if I have throyd, an issue?
  8. US Entry - after the interview and visa stamp, I believe you have 6 months to enter US. Is the 6 months from the medical date or visa date? Does medical needs to be current at the time of US border entry?
  9. Hawaii Entry - can Hawaii entry possible to activate US green card? What if the mail address for green card is given for Florida but I enter through Hawaii or LA, will the airport officials be worried?
  10. Interview notice - how much notice is given by Sydney consulate before the interview? How do they notify of the interview?

Many thanks.

1. Roughly a year from now.
2. http://britsimonsays.com/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-ds260/
3. It can be changed up until the POE (activation at a US airport). If it gets lost it is a pain in the a$$
4. Type 31 I think - fingerprint
5. Not a big deal - whatever you have ready.
6. Missing shots are given at the medical.
7. Various things but the list of diseases that can cause denial is limited. http://britsimonsays.com/faq/what-are-the-diseases-that-can-cause-denial/
8. 6 months from medical. That means it will be current when you enter.
9. Yes. No issue on a different address.
10. About 6 to 7 weeks. http://britsimonsays.com/faq/what-does-the-2nl-look-like/

Sydney prefers fingerprints but none of us have gotten them. We just get the full disclosure check (Code 33) which includes spent and unspent offences. So long as the check has all your names (important for those who might have gotten married and have changed their surname), you will be fine.

@HERO7, I deleted your post because of the possibility for it to clutter up this Thread which is really meant for selectees to ask questions, get guidance or guide others through the process.

Feel free to start a new Thread or find similar ones for discussing your conspiracy theories.

Hello everyone

I need little help here :(
Recently I filled the DS-260 form and I made a mistake. I tried to correct the mistake but I cannot correct it because the DS-260 is already completed.

The mistake is on third page, "Previous U.S. travel information" section, "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused do admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?".

can someone give me advice please. thank you

You will need to email the KCC with your full name, case number and date of birth and ask them to unlock the DS260. This will take a couple of days. Once it's unlocked, make your changes and then resubmit.

Just a piece of advice for everyone at the moment... unless you are likely to interview in October / November and you want to interview in those months, take your time with the DS260. There are no prizes for submitting it quickly. You don't get interviewed faster if you submit it now.

Unlocking the DS260 is a PITA. Take your time. Take a couple of weeks even. Make sure it's right. Then submit, forget about it, and focus on getting your documents together.

Last edited:
You will need to email the KCC with your full name, case number and date of birth and ask them to unlock the DS260. This will take a couple of days. Once it's unlocked, make your changes and then resubmit.

Just a piece of advice for everyone at the moment... unless you are likely to interview in October / November and you want to interview in those months, take your time with the DS260. There are no prizes for submitting it quickly. You don't get interviewed faster if you submit it now.

Unlocking the DS260 is a PITA. Take your time. Take a couple of weeks even. Make sure it's right. Then submit, forget about it, and focus on getting your documents together.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for your advice guys! Partner didn't receive an email - he just emailed me his details so I was mistaken
Do you know if you can travel to the usa while waiting for the greencard processing? One attorney has advised me not to in Case of being turned away at border