• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Could you please point to those? The one that you recommended on your blog specifically noted that they don't cover NY, MD and somewhere else.

I honestly called company after company from back home to NY to the greater USA. I found squarely one very expensive plan that would cover me only in 12 month blocks.

NB - tone is difficult to convey in text and I'm not trying to call people out, I just had a miserable and difficult time with my SSN and insurance.

I went through the link from my blog and went to the following link https://www.visitorscoverage.com/green-card-health-insurance/plans/

On that page (Visitors Coverage is like a broker and has plans from several providers) there are several plans from Patriot America. These are considered "comprehensive plans" (but not ACA plans). They cover NY. I just got quotes ranging from about $100 to $300 for 2 months of cover for a 32 year old (but you can choose various levels of coverage. Just remember these are cheap plans, not designed for long term coverage. ACA plans will cost more, but be more appropriate for longer term.

You pay the $330 on the day, but the fee for your actual GreenCard you pay after, once you get your visa.

From memory, the new checklist of documents requires a CV/Resume.

Thanks @EmilyW & @lottic!

A few other things I'm hoping you can help me with.

1. What is an 'O*Net qualification'? It's on the required docs & I've got no idea of what it is.

2. Also 'Employment Records'? (Also on the required docs list) Is that the CV? Not sure what that is.
If so, is there a template of what/ how they want to see that?

3. Lastly, I've just been reading through previous posts, I didn't think showing my financial status was necessary but now I'm a little worried... I can show around 6,500 of savings... What would you suggest I do? Would that be a problem?

Thanks so much!
Getting Nervous!! and Excited :)

1. O*Net qualifications is only require if you are using work experience to qualify, as opposed to high school diploma. If you have a high school diploma, you don't need to worry about that.

2. I'm pretty sure Employment Records is the CV but I can't be sure because this wasn't a requirement when we did our interview.

3. I don't recall an OCer being asked to prove their financial status (although I base that assertion on my memory so it could be wrong). But we created a 'Personal Financial Statement' where we listed all assets (money, superannuation, house, cars) and liabilities (mortgage). Supporting each of those assets and liabilities, I had a statement from the bank, super company, Blue Book car valuation etc. We weren't asked for it, but we had it just in case.

Hi

So I had submitted my DS260 on March 1st.
I was wondering when do we usually see the message "At NVC".
Right now I can only see completed on my DS260.

I don't know why but I feel like as if I am panicking over little things.:(:(:(

Hi

So I had submitted my DS260 on March 1st.
I was wondering when do we usually see the message "At NVC".
Right now I can only see completed on my DS260.

I don't know why but I feel like as if I am panicking over little things.:(:(:(

Your DS260 will always show completed. Your status on the ceac site will already read NVC - that is the starting status. Now you will wait some weeks while they process your DS260 and you might get a 2NL in May or June for an interview in July/August.

Your DS260 will always show completed. Your status on the ceac site will already read NVC - that is the starting status. Now you will wait some weeks while they process your DS260 and you might get a 2NL in May or June for an interview in July/August.

Thank you very much BritSimon.
Forgive me for my lack of understanding. Is there a way I can check on CEAC site?
I had been reading some blog posts about people saying after submitting they could see somewhere that their case was at NVC.
However I am not being able to do so. Or do I have to wait for something?

Very sorry.

So I have some good news to share.. our little bundle of joy arrived 13 days late and officially missed the cut off to be vaccinated prior to our activation trip, however our GP made some calls and is willing to vaccinate just before we leave so we are activating on our expiry date!! Nothing like cutting it fine..
Really didn't like like the idea of activating separately and leaving bub at home so I am so happy it is all working out.

I've read your blog post BritSimon and I just want to confirm we don't have to organise anything aside from his passport for the activation trip?? He won't need an Esta or anything??
Do I have to add him somewhere to pay for his visa issuance?
Thanks in advance!!

So I have some good news to share.. our little bundle of joy arrived 13 days late and officially missed the cut off to be vaccinated prior to our activation trip, however our GP made some calls and is willing to vaccinate just before we leave so we are activating on our expiry date!! Nothing like cutting it fine..
Really didn't like like the idea of activating separately and leaving bub at home so I am so happy it is all working out.

I've read your blog post BritSimon and I just want to confirm we don't have to organise anything aside from his passport for the activation trip?? He won't need an Esta or anything??
Thanks in advance!!

The baby will need a passport and birth cert at the arrival airport. The airline "should" understand the procedure, b ut they may insist on seeing a travel authorization from the embassy. Given that you have NO time for slips ups, you should dicsuss that with the airline/embassy before the departure date.

The baby will need a passport and birth cert at the arrival airport. The airline "should" understand the procedure, b ut they may insist on seeing a travel authorization from the embassy. Given that you have NO time for slips ups, you should dicsuss that with the airline/embassy before the departure date.

Thank you BritSimon.. I will definitely speak with the airline. If they insist on a Travel Authorization, how do I organise that?

Thanks in advance!!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby.

Like Simon said, you'll need the baby's international passport and birth certificate. You will also need two passport photos for the baby I believe. If you can, get an extra birth certificate issued - you may be required to submit the original B/C at the POE and you don't want to be without a B/C for the baby at any point in time.

Hi Fellow OC DV'ers

I have a slightly left-field Q for you all.

We finally have an interview scheduled for mid-April and are getting very excited/nervous. Spanner in the works though, we got an e-mail form the Syd Consulate telling us that my wife has not submitted a DS-260. She definitely has and I have the confirmation page to show it.

On the first e-mail, they actually had a different name for my wife, when I pointed that out they said that it was a mix-up and my wife definitely did not submit a DS-260.

I have subsequently sent them the barcode from the confirmation and called a couple of times but feel like I am getting sent around in circles.

My Question is, has anyone heard of admin error like this? If I have the Ds-260 in front of me, should I just relax?

Just a little bit thrown because of the admin error side of it denting the confidence that they systems worked.

Any advice from the experts and fellow travellers would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Fellow OC DV'ers

I have a slightly left-field Q for you all.

We finally have an interview scheduled for mid-April and are getting very excited/nervous. Spanner in the works though, we got an e-mail form the Syd Consulate telling us that my wife has not submitted a DS-260. She definitely has and I have the confirmation page to show it.

On the first e-mail, they actually had a different name for my wife, when I pointed that out they said that it was a mix-up and my wife definitely did not submit a DS-260.

I have subsequently sent them the barcode from the confirmation and called a couple of times but feel like I am getting sent around in circles.

My Question is, has anyone heard of admin error like this? If I have the Ds-260 in front of me, should I just relax?

Just a little bit thrown because of the admin error side of it denting the confidence that they systems worked.

Any advice from the experts and fellow travellers would be appreciated.

Cheers

Are you the main winner?

Yes, I am principal applicant and she is beneficiary
Well, take the DS copy with you and be prepared to possibly have to do it again at the interview.
When you said her name was wrong, was that on a letter from KCC or an email from the consulate?

Good luck Matt :)

Second time applying (first was a few years ago). I am honestly happy either way now that I have figured out what it is I want to do in Aus I have probably jinxed myself haha

With our time difference, will be nice logging on tomorrow morning to hopefully see some good news for people all over the world :) Hopefully the website won't have issues like last year although wouldn't be surprised lol

Hi there, OC selectee 13XX here. DS-260 submitted early October.

Now that all cases have gone current, I'm hopeful for a May interview and am starting to think about documentation. I've scoured this forum and have most of the answers I need, but would love confirmation around the police checks:

a) Is it fine to get my Australian police check without fingerprints, or do they require the "whole hog", as it were?
b) I lived in the UK for 2 years in 2008/09. I already have a UK police certificate issued early 2016 covering that time period; I needed it for other purposes. Can I take this to the interview, or will I need a new one issued within the last six months? It seems unusual that I would, seeing as I haven't lived in the UK since those two years which are covered on my existing certificate, and it would follow that my record is as clean now as ever. I'd like to be thorough though, so an wondering whether they'll ask for a more recent certificate.

@andrewDV17

With the police check, the sans fingerprint check is fine. Just make sure that the check is for spent and unspent offences (Code 33 on the AFP website). Don't pick Code 35: although it says for immigration purposes, it only includes unspent offences. Although we know some people have gotten away with the Code 35 check, personally, I don't think it's worth it especially since the Code 33 doesn't incur an additional cost.

With the ACRO check, you probably don't need to get another one. However, since it only takes around a month to get one (that includes postal time to get to Australia - we had to get one), if it were me, I'd err on the side of caution and get a new one.

I'm not sure May is realistic for your interview, and especially with that case number?

Last edited: