• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Thanks again. In that case submitting the DS260 in late March or early April 2017 will solve the above issue?
If you unlock DS260 now, can it remain unlock for 8-10 months, will they mind?

April. Or. May. Or. April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May.

Really. I don't just make this stuff up you know.

April. Or. May. Or. April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May. Or.April. Or. May.

Lol

hello everyone. i'm doing CP. i sent in my DS 260 in July and i did not put my Alien Registration Number from my EAD card because i did not know i had that number on the card. should i unlock? trying to avoid later interview so ideally would not like to unlock if not necessary. thanks

hello everyone. i'm doing CP. i sent in my DS 260 in July and i did not put my Alien Registration Number from my EAD card because i did not know i had that number on the card. should i unlock? trying to avoid later interview so ideally would not like to unlock if not necessary. thanks

Isn't a late interview better than being put on AP because additional background check is required? :rolleyes: Anyway, a change like that will not lead to a delayed interview, so unlock the form and update your information.

thing is though... i actually submitted DS-260 in May and then unlocked in July and it hasnt processed because the new date counts as submission date. Forms have not processed yet so if i unlock then processing will be further pushed back. i was current for oct already. what do you think mom?

thing is though... i actually submitted DS-260 in May and then unlocked in July and it hasnt processed because the new date counts as submission date. Forms have not processed yet so if i unlock then processing will be further pushed back. i was current for oct already. what do you think mom?

What changes did you make in July and how do you know KCC isn't done processing the form?

i changed my current address to sydney from LA. i called KCC and they haven't processed the form because they process them in the order they receive and my resubmission counted as submission date

i changed my current address to sydney from LA. i called KCC and they haven't processed the form because they process them in the order they receive and my resubmission counted as submission date

Of course it makes sense for KCC to not have processed your form since you're changing from AOS to CP. For AOS, the DS260 doesn't get processed by KCC, so the submission month doesn't necessarily make any difference. You're already facing a delayed interview, makes sense all the more to ensure your form is accurately filled out to ensure the necessary background check is completely carried out. Of course you can continue to refuse to unlock because you're scared you might be further delayed, and face the possibility of being put on AP because after capturing your prints at the end of the interview they suddenly realize additional check is required due to newly discovered information.

thank you mom. but i always did cp, i knew i was moving and always put Sydney as interview place. i just changed the address as in residential address. so you think making this change alone now will not affect? i thought i read on another post of yours that it doesn't matter what you put under alien number

thank you mom. but i always did cp, i knew i was moving and always put Sydney as interview place. i just changed the address as in residential address. so you think making this change alone now will not affect? i thought i read on another post of yours that it doesn't matter what you put under alien number

Doesn't matter what you listed as desired interview location, they base it on current address. So if you had listed LA I think mom is correct that it would have gone in the AOS 'pile' rather than being processed for CP.

Yes for AOS, not listing it on DS260 form is not a big deal since KCC will not be processing the form not imitation the background check. Not the same thing when it comes to CP.

Anyway, I think this conversation about whether or not to add the Alien # is already over flogged, so I will not be responding to it again. Your case, your call on what to do or not to do. I don't have anything to gain in trying to convince you otherwise.

As per you previously selecting CP, the only reason you could have missed out on an October interview, for a CN that is current in Oct and with a DS-260 form submitted in May, will be because KCC was under the impression you were processing AOS. A mere change of address for a CN that met the above noted requirements would not have led to a delayed interview.

Thank you so much for all the replies and help from all the experts! This is super duper useful.

If your employer or education information has changed, after you have unlocked DS260 and when you resubmit DS260 at a later date. Should you change the employer or education information to the most up to date data before resubmitting DS260?

ok guys so some helpful information over here. i called KCC and they said they're close to getting to the july DS-260 submissions and that process is moving faster than in previous years.

mom and SusieQQQ -- quick follow up question. i emailed KCC to unlock as discussed. should i also take advantage and change the answer to the question 'Do you have documentation to support that you have vaccinations according to U.S. law?" from YES to NO. i selected YES before because i have my vaccionation history... but i havent done medical yet.

thank you as usual.

ok guys so some helpful information over here. i called KCC and they said they're close to getting to the july DS-260 submissions and that process is moving faster than in previous years.

mom and SusieQQQ -- quick follow up question. i emailed KCC to unlock as discussed. should i also take advantage and change the answer to the question 'Do you have documentation to support that you have vaccinations according to U.S. law?" from YES to NO. i selected YES before because i have my vaccionation history... but i havent done medical yet.

thank you as usual.

The response to the vaccine question hasn't been a big deal in the past, however since you're getting your DS form unlocked you might as well change the answer to 'No' in that case.

thank you as usual.

Yes that makes sense with what I saw from the October starting point. The starting numbers were lower - which means they had a higher percentage of cases that were ready for scheduling. The backlogs will be less of an issue this year. The difference is probably the smaller number of selectees.

:D:D:D:D

kcc just told me that unlocking and sending again kicks back the ds-260 to the new submission date. so i conclude that technically any change (no matter how small) delays the interview by at least the amount of time it takes kcc to process all the forms ahead of the new (late) submission date. hence final conclusion -- unlocking and resending ds-260 (even if resent immediately) does delay the interview. don't understand why some say otherwise. not complaining, just putting a fact out there.

kcc just told me that unlocking and sending again kicks back the ds-260 to the new submission date. so i conclude that technically any change (no matter how small) delays the interview by at least the amount of time it takes kcc to process all the forms ahead of the new (late) submission date. hence final conclusion -- unlocking and resending ds-260 (even if resent immediately) does delay the interview. don't understand why some say otherwise. not complaining, just putting a fact out there.

'Some' say otherwise because they've had years to monitor and observe KCC processing of the DS-260 forms (including the DS-230 which was used in the past by the way); and the fact that they know KCC says different things on the phone to people when they call in. Not complaining either, just putting a fact out there also.