• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Hello Everyone,

Just need your opinion guys on the few questions I've got:

1. When does the US Citizen relative/friend suppose to fill out affidavit form, sooner the better..or after I receive 2nd email from them with step-by-step directions?

2. How does this affidavit process work and how does this connect me at the time of the interview. They need some sort of proof at the embassy?. Applicant sends me by mail real document or through email for a copy print?

3. Question about the US law medical vaccination in the DS260 form, I answered YES. Because by the time of the interview I will have my medical done. Would that be an issue?

4. Finally, I have not received 2nd email yet, but should I start gathering all the documents that I know of like: Real Estate properties, Financial/bank statements, criminal records ( have no idea where to get that, Police HQ ? ) copy's of various docs..etc.

Thanks so much for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it..Very informative detailed info, awesome thanks!

This got me thinking for question 1. Just in case ..can it be done and have I-134 form ready for plan B on the spot if financial doesn't go through? So I can avoid delays and appointment rescheduling.

If I have more questions in the near future I'll make sure to look no further and stop by here, have a great day!

Got it..Very informative detailed info, awesome thanks!

This got me thinking for question 1. Just in case ..can it be done and have I-134 form ready for plan B on the spot if financial doesn't go through? So I can avoid delays and appointment rescheduling.

If I have more questions in the near future I'll make sure to look no further and stop by here, have a great day!

That's the whole idea regarding the I-134 - having it on hand at the time of the interview, 'just in case'.

Just to confirm if I'm looking at the timelines accurately...

If I submit my DS-260 in Nov '16 I would likely/probably/best guess be granted an interview in Apr '17? Case number is 2017oc2xx.

Just to confirm if I'm looking at the timelines accurately...

If I submit my DS-260 in Nov '16 I would likely/probably/best guess be granted an interview in Apr '17? Case number is 2017oc2xx.

We can't really anticipate how long the backlog will last until we know the global selectee count. If they have selected a low number, backlog will be cleared sooner, and a November submission could end up with a February or March interview. If they have selected a lot of people, backlogs will last longer and then it could be April/May. So - if you have a need to force the interview to past a certain date, keep checking in...

Just completed my ds260. Thanks britsimon your guide helped a lot. No i just wait i guess... they said somthing about uploading a photo but i did that with the original lottery application right?

~~ Post moved from the AOS Thread ~~​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Wait, I'm kinna got confused on this I-134 issue. I'm a DV lottery winner and moving to US for good and not to stay for 2-3 months and go back. That's where I-134 comes in for tourists and so on correct? I'm moving to US to build a life..period. So all that financial proof, bank statements..etc..at the interview are not a priority fo green card winners?

My US citizen relatives/friends contacted me and mentioned exact same thing. If you can elaborate what is the purpose exactly of the I-864 ?

Thank you so much.

Hello,

Wait, I'm kinna got confused on this I-134 issue. I'm a DV lottery winner and moving to US for good and not to stay for 2-3 months and go back. That's where I-134 comes in for tourists and so on correct? I'm moving to US to build a life..period. So all that financial proof, bank statements..etc..at the interview are not a priority fo green card winners?

My US citizen relatives/friends contacted me and mentioned exact same thing. If you can elaborate what is the purpose exactly of the I-864 ?

Thank you so much.

britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

Hello,

Thank you so much.

Being selected in DV does not guarantee you a visa. There are certain requirements you need to meet. One of these is that you will not get an immigrant visa if the CO thinks you might become a public charge once you move. This factor is very individual dependent (your own qualifications, work experience, savings etc) as well as embassy dependent. So, in fact, an I134 or financial proof could be critical in determining whether or not you actually get a visa. There have been plenty of cases of people being refused due to public charge concerns. Australia doesn't normally ask....but why be complacent?

Britsimon's link will tell you more about the specific affidavits.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Quick question regarding the DS-260. Over the past 10 years, I've had quite a few sporadic/casual/very choppy jobs, sometimes layering over each other. I also did a lot of temp work and "fill in" work. Given this, some of the employers I had are no longer operating, and I am unable to obtain specifics like addresses and phone numbers. I also don't have access to complete commencement and completion dates. I can estimate, but I legitimately cannot be specific. I'm also not even sure that I've listed them all - I can only go by memory!

If I estimate as best I can, do you think this will be sufficient? I'm so nervous about it.

I'm also adding another university degree I commenced (and didn't complete), but can't provide commencement/end dates for this either.

Will an estimation be okay for this too? I don't know how specific this needs to be.

So nervous!

Cheers!

Hi @socialcasualty if it's any help maybe try emailing the university you attended to request the dates? They should be able to help hopefully as I had a similar problem with a Cert course I had done through a Uni

You have a great CN, so you can delay if you want. it takes 2-3 months for the KCC to process your DS260 and then schedule your appointment (which is done a further six weeks in advance). So I wouldn't submit the DS260 in, for example, May next year as you may not get through the background checks in time. But a month or two delay now really makes no difference, unless you are super keen to interview in October.

For us, we knew we weren't interviewing until at least April, so we didn't submit the DS260 until July. We took our time, made sure our details were correct, got all our former addresses sorted. We checked and cross checked our data so that, when it came time to submit, we knew our application was watertight and we would not need to re-open (which is not a big deal, but it is a pain).

As for the police check, make sure to look at this page. If it's not possible to get a certificate, print out the relevant advice from this page and take it with you to the interview just in case: https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html
@EmilyW regarding this post.if my case number is 2017AF00019***.which month you expect our interview ???and what do you advice me if i told you that my wife will give birth in next December. shall i submit ur forms now then unlock it to add the baby when is born or better wait until the baby is born then submit all forms one time.

@EmilyW regarding this post.if my case number is 2017AF00019***.which month you expect our interview ???and what do you advice me if i told you that my wife will give birth in next December. shall i submit ur forms now then unlock it to add the baby when is born or better wait until the baby is born then submit all forms one time.

Submit now and unlock later.

Submit now and unlock later.

Related question @SusieQQQ (more as a "For Information" to anyone in this situation) - how would an application go if the wife is pregnant and gives birth after the interview but before activation?

Related question @SusieQQQ (more as a "For Information" to anyone in this situation) - how would an application go if the wife is pregnant and gives birth after the interview but before activation?

The baby just needs a birth certificate and passport and will be automatically processed for a green card on arrival. Because some airline staff are not au fait with all the rules, getting a transportation letter from the embassy confirming this would be advisable before travel.