• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 - London interview & medical

Chris H

Hi folks,

We were selected as Northern Ireland applicants and being part of the UK we must travel to London for our interview and medical, my wife is a teacher so her getting off work during term time is extremely difficult. Do you know if it is possible to do the medical after the interview?

Just suggesting we could fly over and make one trip to London do us.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

We were selected as Northern Ireland applicants and being part of the UK we must travel to London for our interview and medical, my wife is a teacher so her getting off work during term time is extremely difficult. Do you know if it is possible to do the medical after the interview?

Thanks!

If you don't have the medicals during the interview. Your case will be place on AP (administrative processing) and visas wont be issued until this information is provided. I'm not sure what is your case number but keep in mind that time is sensitive on this process. Others with more experience can also provide some advise.

Hi folks,

Thanks!

Have you spoken to the London doctors to see how far in advance of the interview they need you to be there? And how long they need you there for? You seem to be assuming you can quickly do the visa interview then do the medical - but both of them may take some time to do so even if you do it after you may not be able to do it the same day. And it'll look much better if you at least arrive at the interview having done the medical (even if it's the previous day and still pending results), rather than essentially having ignored what will be an instruction to do it before.

@Chris H

Your medicals need to be done at Knightsbridge Doctors. They have two locations in the city, Bentinck Mansions or Basil Mansions. You need to attend medicals a minimum of 4 days before your embassy interview appointment. My advice would be to travel to London for a 5 day period with the interview on the final day.

An important and unexpected point is that they will need your UK police certificate to be in hand PRIOR to your medical appointment. Also try to get as many shots as possible before arrival through NHS if you can, as this cost does add up.

@Chris H
. Also try to get as many shots as possible before arrival through NHS if you can, as this cost does add up.
@ Wingpin
Is the list of shots you are referring to available somewhere ? The NHS website maybe ? And what is the process of getting them through the NHS ? Do you walk to you GP and say I need those shots ? Thanks

Don't get all the shots you can, just to avoid the costs. The doctor will only give shots they consider necessary - which may not be the full list.

@Sihem Call them and ask them what's available and when you can make an appointment. Britsimon is right though, I was overly eager and go a few shots before the medical that weren't necessary probably.