• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 EU Selectees

Hi. Won DV-2017. Is CN EU......16XXX considered high? And also how much time since May 2016 to get an actual green card (approximately)- and of course if everything goes well?

Hi. Won DV-2017. And also how much time since May 2016 to get an actual green card (approximately)- and of course if everything goes well?

Depends on case number, if there is AP, and how long one takes to get to the US after getting one's immigrant visa. So one might get a green card (if interpreted correctly as becoming an LPR rather than physically receiving the plastic card) anytime from early October 2016 to as late as March 2018, depending on the combination of relevant factors.

Why is it that this thread is so empty and inactive compared to the OC region thread? There has to be so many EU winners. I can safely post in both I'd say, being Australian but processing in the UK.

Why is it that this thread is so empty and inactive compared to the OC region thread? There has to be so many EU winners. I can safely post in both I'd say, being Australian but processing in the UK.

Possibly because few of the EU winners will have English as their first language? In any case I'm sure more will arrive here as time goes on.

My wife and I are dual EU/AU citizens, currently living in AU - so it would be the other way around for us ... IF we were selected this year, that is - lol, we have STILL not checked this!!! We just came back from a visit in the States and wanted to log in from there to see if either of us was in fact selected... but then we decided it would be silly to do that when you are having a good time there ...
I think there was way more thread activity happening within the EU region in past DV lotteries..

@OnTheGo So just to clarify, you are back home in Australia from your holiday, so must have checked your status by now right?
Nope...it will probably be done this weekend :rolleyes:. We simply let the good vibes continue for a while after the draw, lol. I know it may sound silly, but we did the same in DV2014, checked about 3 weeks after the draw and my wife got selected. Unfortunately, we were unable to proceed with the interview due to a medical emergency and it could not be rescheduled (was around August). Wish us luck. ;)
You have such a low CN - congratulations!

So it's superstition? I don't really get it. I would have an all-consuming compulsion to check my results ASAP. :)

So it's superstition? I don't really get it. I would have an all-consuming compulsion to check my results ASAP. :)
Nah, not really. We just didn't want to check our statuses a day prior or during our trip in the US...for fear of spoiling it in case neither of us got selected. The downside of course was that in case of positive news, we could have turned this trip into an even more incredible one. It's just been a few days since we are back in the country. I guess the past experience with the DV lottery has taught us one vital lesson: Patience. LOL. So you see ... while many millions have already had their dreams crushed, we still have a chance...since we are still due to check our statuses. :D

Nah, not really. We just didn't want to check our statuses a day prior or during our trip in the US...for fear of spoiling it in case neither of us got selected. The downside of course was that in case of positive news, we could have turned this trip into an even more incredible one. It's just been a few days since we are back in the country. I guess the past experience with the DV lottery has taught us one vital lesson: Patience. LOL. So you see ... while many millions have already had their dreams crushed, we still have a chance...since we are still due to check our statuses. :D

Awesome.

Fingers crossed for ya!

Awesome.

Fingers crossed for ya!

Thank you, Simon!

btw...brrr, San Francisco was cold in the afternoons ... it was down to 57F and I think the highest temperature was 65F that we experienced there.
So we were looking forward to warmer weather and traveled back south...our wish was heard as we had the pleasure of arriving in Bakersfield where we stayed overnight on route back to L.A. on its hottest day of the year to date at 97F! In L.A. we had surprisingly diverse weather depending on the area...mostly completely cloud covered every morning, but clear skies and warm (not hot) temperatures whenever we were driving into other nearby areas...really weird.

Thank you, Simon!

btw...brrr, San Francisco was cold in the afternoons ... it was down to 57F and I think the highest temperature was 65F that we experienced there.
So we were looking forward to warmer weather and traveled back south...our wish was heard as we had the pleasure of arriving in Bakersfield where we stayed overnight on route back to L.A. on its hottest day of the year to date at 97F! In L.A. we had surprisingly diverse weather depending on the area...mostly completely cloud covered every morning, but clear skies and warm (not hot) temperatures whenever we were driving into other nearby areas...really weird.

The weather in the SF Bay area has dramatic changes. SF is famous for the daily range of temperatures. It can go from the 50's to the 90's within a few hours on the same day. I live and work in the "TriValley" burbs to the East of SF Bay. The temps here tend to be around 20 degrees higher than SF so it can get really hot in the summer, but with a lovely cooling breeze on the hottest summer nights. It really is lovely.

thank you, Simon! Very kind of you to take the time to answer, trying to get my head around it is proving complicated :)