• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 EU Selectees

I tried to check my results and I keep receiving this message: The informațion entered is not valid. Can someone tell me If I did something wrong? I inserted the correct information in the fields. Or the server is still too busy and is replying errors?
Thx

Last edited:
Check your confirmation number, check your last name...Maybe you put your first name instead of last name etc...

Hi ;) The Green Card Lottery results are today ! Lucky winner ? Congrats !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I have never won anything in any lottery before this.. 2017EU17xxx.

Feeling ecstatic now!!

I have a couple of questions regarding filling the DS260. Is this the right thread to ask them or should I do it somewhere else? I watched/read the dv-lottery-guide but could not find the answers to my questions there. Thank you!

Regards,
Kent

Last edited:
Hello,

I have never won anything in any lottery before this.. 2017EU17xxx.

Feeling ecstatic now!!

I have a couple of questions regarding filling the DS260. Is this the right thread to ask them or should I do it somewhere else? I watched/read the dv-lottery-guide but could not find the answers to my questions there. Thank you!

Regards,
Kent

Ask here if you like.

I have three children. Two of them are from a previous marriage. Most probably they will not immigrate to the US.

So, should I still need to fill all their information to the DS260 or can they be left out in case they will not apply for a GC? If they need to be included in the DS260, are they required to participate in the interview or can they be absent?

Further, is the following scenario possible: They will apply for GCs and participate in the interview. However, after they visit the US to obtain their GCs they will return to Sweden to finish their school. After that, they would join me and move to the US. Is this possible? How long would they be able to stay in Sweden after they have obtained their GCs?

Britsimon, thank you very much for your valuable help!

I have three children. Two of them are from a previous marriage. Most probably they will not immigrate to the US.

So, should I still need to fill all their information to the DS260 or can they be left out in case they will not apply for a GC? If they need to be included in the DS260, are they required to participate in the interview or can they be absent?

Further, is the following scenario possible: They will apply for GCs and participate in the interview. However, after they visit the US to obtain their GCs they will return to Sweden to finish their school. After that, they would join me and move to the US. Is this possible? How long would they be able to stay in Sweden after they have obtained their GCs?

Britsimon, thank you very much for your valuable help!

Each person that wants a GC needs a DS260 - it is the formal application for a Green Card. On your DS260 you list all your children/derivatives whether or not they are going to apply for the GC now. They will not attend the interview UNLESS you complete a DS260 for them (i.e. apply for a GC).

You can get them a GC in the beginning. They would then be able to leave the USA for up to one year (or up to two years with a re-entry permit). However, you should not think of the GC as a "super visitors visa". It is for someone to live in the USA. If,. later on they want to live in the USA, you can sponsor them at that time - which takes a couple of years.

Hello All,

Got the number 2017EU0001xxxx, how do I find out the cut off? What is CN number every one is referring to?

Thank you!

Hello All,

Got the number 2017EU0001xxxx, how do I find out the cut off? What is CN number every one is referring to?

Thank you!

It is WAY too soon to know the final cutoff!!! However, your number is fine.

The number you listed is the CN (Case Number). It would be best to reveal one more digit so we can see where you are between 10000 and 19999.

It is WAY too soon to know the final cutoff!!! However, your number is fine.

The number you listed is the CN (Case Number). It would be best to reveal one more digit so we can see where you are between 10000 and 19999.

Thank you for a quick response - 2017EU00016xxx.

Each person that wants a GC needs a DS260 - it is the formal application for a Green Card. On your DS260 you list all your children/derivatives whether or not they are going to apply for the GC now. They will not attend the interview UNLESS you complete a DS260 for them (i.e. apply for a GC).

You can get them a GC in the beginning. They would then be able to leave the USA for up to one year (or up to two years with a re-entry permit). However, you should not think of the GC as a "super visitors visa". It is for someone to live in the USA. If,. later on they want to live in the USA, you can sponsor them at that time - which takes a couple of years.

Now I got it. Thank you very much for your reply!

Will anyone or has anyone attended an DV interview in London? I would be really interested to hear how it is? The state department website doesn't show any special information for that embassy which is disappointing, whereas Sydney or others have lots of specifications..

Hi Everyone,

Super excited about being selected this year (CN 2017EU4XXX). Never in my dreams did I think I would be selected for further processing as I have never ever won anything in my life. I checked the results on the night they came out and had to check 7 more times (as well as pinch myself) to make sure there were no glitches. Of course this is not yet a done deal, therefore I shouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

I do have a couple of questions I was hoping the helpful people of this forum could clarify for me:
1. On the DS260 (not submitted just yet) I have selected to attend the interview at the US embassy in Riga but I believe I read somewhere that this choice might not be honored in the end, as they would primarily look at the country of residence (London, UK) to schedule the interview. Does anyone have any experience with this?
2. On the DS260 where you are required to put the US permanent address, I have reached out to my friend in LA and she's given me her work address as she is moving in about 2 months time. Would her work address be fine or would that get flagged by KCC later on as being potentially a non-residential address?
3. In terms of obtaining the police certificates, I went ahead (prematurely) and obtained one from Latvia and requested one to be issued from the relevant authorities in the UK(have lived here for almost 5 years). I also lived in Toronto, Canada for about 11 months (just shy of one year) therefore I am not sure if I will be required to obtain one from there as well. It wouldn't be a problem but the system there does not seem straightforward as you have to provide proof of address, IDs etc. I lived in Canada from 2010-2011 and have since disposed of (or lost) any documents that could prove that I was living at that particular address. Since it technically is less than 12 months, would that be a problem if I did not provide a police certificate from the relevant Canadian authority? I suppose once the DS260 is submitted I could reach out to the relevant embassy and clarify this?

Many thanks for your help!

Will anyone or has anyone attended an DV interview in London? I would be really interested to hear how it is? The state department website doesn't show any special information for that embassy which is disappointing, whereas Sydney or others have lots of specifications..

London interview experiences have been posted in this forum. You can use the search button to find some of them.

Hi Everyone,

Super excited about being selected this year (CN 2017EU4XXX). Never in my dreams did I think I would be selected for further processing as I have never ever won anything in my life. I checked the results on the night they came out and had to check 7 more times (as well as pinch myself) to make sure there were no glitches. Of course this is not yet a done deal, therefore I shouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

I do have a couple of questions I was hoping the helpful people of this forum could clarify for me:
1. On the DS260 (not submitted just yet) I have selected to attend the interview at the US embassy in Riga but I believe I read somewhere that this choice might not be honored in the end, as they would primarily look at the country of residence (London, UK) to schedule the interview. Does anyone have any experience with this?
2. On the DS260 where you are required to put the US permanent address, I have reached out to my friend in LA and she's given me her work address as she is moving in about 2 months time. Would her work address be fine or would that get flagged by KCC later on as being potentially a non-residential address?
3. In terms of obtaining the police certificates, I went ahead (prematurely) and obtained one from Latvia and requested one to be issued from the relevant authorities in the UK(have lived here for almost 5 years). I also lived in Toronto, Canada for about 11 months (just shy of one year) therefore I am not sure if I will be required to obtain one from there as well. It wouldn't be a problem but the system there does not seem straightforward as you have to provide proof of address, IDs etc. I lived in Canada from 2010-2011 and have since disposed of (or lost) any documents that could prove that I was living at that particular address. Since it technically is less than 12 months, would that be a problem if I did not provide a police certificate from the relevant Canadian authority? I suppose once the DS260 is submitted I could reach out to the relevant embassy and clarify this?

Many thanks for your help!

1. Yes, KCC typically looks at the current address listed to schedule the interview

2. Use the work address for now. Be sure to change it to a residence address either before you're scheduled for your interview or when you go to the embassy for the interview.

3. Better safe than sorry, I would go ahead and still get a PCC for Canada. We've heard of applicants in a similar situation being put on AP and asked to go get the PCC.

1. Yes, KCC typically looks at the current address listed to schedule the interview

2. Use the work address for now. Be sure to change it to a residence address either before you're scheduled for your interview or when you go to the embassy for the interview.

3. Better safe than sorry, I would go ahead and still get a PCC for Canada. We've heard of applicants in a similar situation being put on AP and asked to go get the PCC.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for responding so quickly!