• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Yes I know it's hard not to become impatient and worried, it's all part of the process. However, do you realize if you had gone with CP, you would have been stuck outside of the US until your AP is completed? AP is unpredictable, several people who didn't think they will end up in AP have found themselves in it - the positive aspect of this whole process is that you can continue your life in the US while waiting for the AP to resolve itself. Check by with your FO every three to four weeks.
Hey mom, is it possible for the field office to schedule an interview before the background check is done?

Hey mom, is it possible for the field office to schedule an interview before the background check is done?

Yes it's possible for the FO to schedule an interview while the background check is pending. However no decision will be made until the background check clears.

Hi mom,
It's been over a month since I went to my Infopass appointment, and the officer told me that my name was cleared. But I have not received my IL yet. Should I make an appointment for Infopass again? What should I do? Could this be because my FO has a long waiting list?

Thanks

You've not stated your FO, so I don't know if it's one of those typically busy ones. Anyway you can schedule another INFOPASS.

My FO is San Diego,

I figure you already saw my previous comment regarding the San Diego FO.

Looking through the past Timeline spreadsheets, we don't seem to have data that can guide us on the San Diego FO's average processing time of DV based AOS cases. However seeing there is another DV2017 petitioner that has been waiting for their IL since Oct 10th following the completion of their bio, it looks like that FO may be one of the not so easy FOs. They may not even be used to DV based AOS cases. I suggest your DIL go on an INFOPASS to follow up on the case in person.

You should schedule another INFOPASS and go see them again.

Hi everyone,

I have a question to you. I had my interview on January 5th. The interview was super short, and the FO lady told me that she approves my case, but since she has not been an officer with seniority, she would have to ask her supervisor to approve my case. Up until today 01/21/17 I haven't received any updates on "check my status." Today I checked it out of curiosity, and saw that my 1-485 still has the same message "twe received the fee for bio..." but my case for EAD has changed to "new card being produced." Have you heard about something like that? To have the EAD card produced and approved before the actual green card. I checked the spread sheet but haven't found anything there. Any response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I have a question to you. I had my interview on January 5th. The interview was super short, and the FO lady told me that she approves my case, but since she has not been an officer with seniority, she would have to ask her supervisor to approve my case. Up until today 01/21/17 I haven't received any updates on "check my status." Today I checked it out of curiosity, and saw that my 1-485 still has the same message "twe received the fee for bio..." but my case for EAD has changed to "new card being produced." Have you heard about something like that? To have the EAD card produced and approved before the actual green card. I checked the spread sheet but haven't found anything there. Any response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
That's normal from my understanding the EAD is issued by NBC while your green card depends on your field office. Usually people apply for the EAD so they can work while their AOS case is being processed. If you get the green card before the EAD then I don't see why you would need an EAD card. Although in some cases people get the green card before the EAD. I hope this helps!!

Hi Mom,
I have a job starting on July. Is it okay to have two apartments in my name ? I want to file my documents through Dallas, but my work starts in another area. Looking at the timeline, it looks like it might not be until Aug, Sept till I get my interview. So I renewed my apt up until September. Will it be a problem if I rent out another apartment in a different area ? Is it okay to live in another place and just go back for the interview ? And get the card delivered in the Dallas address ?

Hi Mom,

I wish to know if anyone can help on how a situation like this affects when to receive IL:

I am the PA and me and my spouse did our biometrics on November 22 whilst my 2 year old son had his on December 14 apparently due to mistake on his initial I- 485 application which delayed his process relative to ours. So my question is must all background checks on all applicants(PA and derivatives) be completed before an interview can be scheduled or it will depend on the PA's background check completion? My FO is Durham, NC. Second question is do you have any idea about the wait time in my FO since I cannot find any information about it in the excel sheet provided
Thank you.

Hi Mom,

I wish to know if anyone can help on how a situation like this affects when to receive IL:

I am the PA and me and my spouse did our biometrics on November 22 whilst my 2 year old son had his on December 14 apparently due to mistake on his initial I- 485 application which delayed his process relative to ours. So my question is must all background checks on all applicants(PA and derivatives) be completed before an interview can be scheduled or it will depend on the PA's background check completion? My FO is Durham, NC. Second question is do you have any idea about the wait time in my FO since I cannot find any information about it in the excel sheet provided
Thank you.

I think you can assume that the background checks on a 2 year old are going to be "short".

Waiting times vary - even within an FO. Best idea - don't obsess about the date.

Dear Mom,
I just checked the initial form that I filled out right after winning the DV-Lottery and in which I have two partial typos
I have lived in more than 14 addresses in past 15 years. Luckily, I come across these typos today what I need to do now?
FYI, I have done the Biometric

Hi Mom,
I have a job starting on July. Is it okay to have two apartments in my name ? I want to file my documents through Dallas, but my work starts in another area. Looking at the timeline, it looks like it might not be until Aug, Sept till I get my interview. So I renewed my apt up until September. Will it be a problem if I rent out another apartment in a different area ? Is it okay to live in another place and just go back for the interview ? And get the card delivered in the Dallas address ?

Help me better understand your situation; Is the Dallas address your permanent home address? Is the job a temporary one hence the new address is a temporary one also? Or you're keeping the current address for immigration purpose only even though you're yet to submit your AOS package?

We did the Biometricts on 12/20 in Charleson, SC but have not received the IL yet. I also applied for the EAD card for my husband (he's on J2, I'm on J1).
1. Should we schedule an Infopass?
2. My husband's work permit expires on 2/7. If he does not get his EAD card, or the green card /interview until that date, should he stop working temporarily?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Mom,

Thank you.

1. A minor's background check has no impact on the IL.

2. I have no idea as to the wait time. If you're unable to see your FO on all the past timelines spreadsheets we have, it means we don't have available data to go by.

Dear Mom,
I just checked the initial form that I filled out right after winning the DV-Lottery and in which I have two partial typos
I have lived in more than 14 addresses in past 15 years. Luckily, I come across these typos today what I need to do now?
FYI, I have done the Biometric

Don't stress it. You can leave the DS as is.

We did the Biometricts on 12/20 in Charleson, SC but have not received the IL yet. I also applied for the EAD card for my husband (he's on J2, I'm on J1).
1. Should we schedule an Infopass?
2. My husband's work permit expires on 2/7. If he does not get his EAD card, or the green card /interview until that date, should he stop working temporarily?

Thank you for your help.

1. It doesn't seem to me like it's time to start stressing, however schedule an INFOPASS if you wish.

2. You spouse will need to stop working if the EAD or the GC has not been approved by the time his current work permit expires.

My AOS package was accepted In Chicago on January 2nd, check was cashed on the 19th and I got a e-mail notice on the 20th of the same month. Is this what the notice should look like?:

"On January 18, 2017, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your flrm I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjuatmemt Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxx. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

Thanks

My AOS package was accepted In Chicago on January 2nd, check was cashed on the 19th and I got a e-mail notice on the 20th of the same month. Is this what the notice should look like?:

"On January 18, 2017, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your flrm I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjuatmemt Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxx. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

Thanks
Yes.