• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I am not really sure. How can I know if it impacted my SEVIS status? .
I have never thought that this might be a problem before, as the international student office at my university never told me about it. My country doesn't have a consultant in the states so I had to wait for my mom to renew it for me, that's why I stayed for almost a month with an expired passport. What also confused me is that my driver license doesn't expire until next year and they never said anything about the expiration date on my passport.
I definitely would reconfirm your actual SEVIS status with the international student office of your university. They have direct access. Detailed passport information incl. expiration date are part of your records on file with SEVIS.

I definitely would reconfirm your actual SEVIS status with the international student office of your university. They have direct access. Detailed passport information incl. expiration date are part of your records on file with SEVIS.
Thank you, I will check with them. I actually gave them my new passport last year so they have it on record, but they might have missed that I stayed for a month with an expired passport because the issue date on my new one is 4/8/2015, which is august 4th in my country but here it would be April, 8th.

Thank you, I will check with them. I actually gave them my new passport last year so they have it on record, but they might have missed that I stayed for a month with an expired passport because the issue date on my new one is 4/8/2015, which is august 4th in my country but here it would be April, 8th.
Well, then better not tell them this. Just ask them to re-confirm that your Status on SEVIS is 'Activ', as you are about to apply Aos I485. Don't tell them any more.

Well, then better not tell them this. Just ask them to re-confirm that your Status on SEVIS is 'Activ', as you are about to apply Aos I485. Don't tell them any more.
I already sent my international advisor an email explaining the whole thing :(. It's too late now. I was mainly afraid that USCIS will notice that I stayed for a month with an expired passport (which may be a violation of my F1 status) while processing my AOS application and use it as reason for denial. I am kinda lost right now. I have a question for you about changing from AOS to CP. I received my 2NL two days ago but if the passport thing is an issue, will I be able to unlock my DS 260 and change to CP?

I already sent my international advisor an email explaining the whole thing :(. It's too late now. I was mainly afraid that USCIS will notice that I stayed for a month with an expired passport (which may be a violation of my F1 status) while processing my AOS application and use it as reason for denial. I am kinda lost right now. I have a question for you about changing from AOS to CP. I received my 2NL two days ago but if the passport thing is an issue, will I be able to unlock my DS 260 and change to CP?
Don't panic. I am sure you will be fine in respect to processing AoS as Sm1smom suggested. My note was about making sure you are not currently facing any SEVIS issues. From your note I don't think you are. Sit together with your international advisor, they are there to help you.

Don't panic. I am sure you will be fine in respect to processing AoS as Sm1smom suggested. My note was about making sure you are not currently facing any SEVIS issues. From your note I don't think you are. Sit together with your international advisor, they are there to help you.
I will request an appointment on Monday. I was planning to do my medical exam on that day but I will postpone for few days until I figure things out. My case is current in October that's why I am trying to figure things out. I have been reading stuff about F1 status violations and keeping a valid passport at all times is listed everywhere, that's why I don't want to risk denial for that. I will go for an infopass too next week. I hope they can help.
Thanks again for the help, I am really panicking about this as I have to defend my dissertation in a couple of months and leaving the country for cp is a bit risky.

I will request an appointment on Monday. I was planning to do my medical exam on that day but I will postpone for few days until I figure things out. My case is current in October that's why I am trying to figure things out. I have been reading stuff about F1 status violations and keeping a valid passport at all times is listed everywhere, that's why I don't want to risk denial for that. I will go for an infopass too next week. I hope they can help.
Thanks again for the help, I am really panicking about this as I have to defend my dissertation in a couple of months and leaving the country for cp is a bit risky.
As long as you are Active in SEVIS, and I don't see why you should not be, then you are in Status and therefore can proceed with your AoS DV process as scheduled, in my pov. It is important that you stay calm, this is a complex process that requires a clear head.

They are still technically speaking, filing with you, so the $635/per child under 14 should still be applicable. It has to be a complete package, medical records should be included. Speak to the civil surgeon you did your medical with, they should be able to fill out the medical forms again without having to redo the medical exam.
Thank you!
so when I file again for the kids with all the papers listed in the spreadsheet, do I send affidavit of support form or only the financial statements that I have filed with the original packet?

Thank you!
so when I file again for the kids with all the papers listed in the spreadsheet, do I send affidavit of support form or only the financial statements that I have filed with the original packet?

If you send in the package for your kids right away, when their package eventually gets to your FO, they will be able to trace your file and add your kids' to it, which means no need to include financial documents with theirs. In that case, all you'll need to include with what's already listed on the spreadsheet will be copies of your NOA, selectee notification letter, and DV administrative payment receipt.

Hi everyone)
I have a question, how long time USCIS takes for make decision (get case for i-485 process or denie) from the time they received i-485 package by mail.
Thx for answers.

Hi everyone)
I have a question, how long time USCIS takes for make decision (get case for i-485 process or denie) from the time they received i-485 package by mail.
Thx for answers.

It varies - depends on the applicable FO and how long it takes for one to clear the background check. You can take a look at the different Timelines spreadsheets we've put together to get an idea of how long on average it takes your particular FO to complete the process.

thx...
and one more question please...
I can't find I-94 form for one of my children here(i94.cbp.dhs.gov), what can I do for find it?

1. Based on the dates provided, seems to me like you're eligible to process AOS, although a very picky IO could argue you were already out of status on Mar. 21st when USCIS formally accepted your asylum petition, but I doubt they will go that far.

2. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet - the link to that spreadsheet can be found on the first post on page 1 of this Thread.

3. Whenever you wish, just be sure to do so before sending out your AOS package.
hello mom I have received my 2Nl for AOS CN is 2017..af 14000
I have a few question:
1) As an asylum applicant, I have not receive my EAD card. Can I proceed with my AOS package without a SSN?
2) without a financial statement. can I use guardian's affidavit of support to prove that I am not going to become public charge?
Thanks

hello mom I have received my 2Nl for AOS CN is 2017..af 14000
I have a few question:
1) As an asylum applicant, I have not receive my EAD card. Can I proceed with my AOS package without a SSN?
2) without a financial statement. can I use guardian's affidavit of support to prove that I am not going to become public charge?
Thanks

1. A SSN isn't a required must for AOS. You can submit your AOS package without a SSN.

2. That's the whole idea behind using an affidavit of support. If you don't have enough personal income of your own, you get an eligible person to fill out an affidavit of support for you.

"... she is banned her entry to USA for 5 years because last year when trying to re-enter USA her visa was canceled". What type of official information/documentation did your youngest daughter receive at the time in terms of any 5-year ban?
She received a Notice to Allien Ordered Removed (Determination of Inadmissibility) and a Record of Sworn Statemente in Proceedings

Well I must say that I feel blessed today because I just found out that my youngest daughter was selected in a second draw CN 2017SA000015XX, however I´m not so confortable at all because she is banned her entry to USA for 5 years because last year when trying to re-enter USA her visa was canceled. I wonder if is worthed the effort to start doing the processing taking into account her situation and because the high CN?
Any advise, Thanks.
Hello Sm1smom , any comments about this

It is written that DV fee should be paid in cashier's check or postal money order. Does cashier's check mean that our usual personal check will not be accepted? Also, if I have to pay fee for two persons, should I pay separately in two checks or can I send a total amount of 2*$330 in a single check or money order?