• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

1--Part 3 of i-485 if none of those is applicable it says write "None" does it mean We should write "None" for all of six blank rows or first one is enough?

2--For Biometric form G-325 for last past address of last fuce years, I have lived in more than 5 Blank rows the form has
How I can add some rows in order to write my seven past addresses,

Thanks.

What information I need to write on cashier check, I mean It is required to write Case number on the cashier check( I saw in one of the posts on this page) and If so, what else I need to write on the check?

Then search for the post and get the information you need from it. In addition to whatever it is you saw regarding cashier's check, you earlier on asked for guidance on what you should write on the personal check, I provided you with that information already!

Hi everyone!
My case number is EU16xxx. I think we can become current in December. I am on A-2 (diplomatic staff). My husband is on F-1 at the moment. My husband is graduating and applied for OPT since he planning starting work in November. He has sent his application and we have gotten his receipt stating that his application was received on August 18. We have yet to fill out the DS260. Status on his OPT application still just says it is received. Should we wait a bit more to submit the DS260 form? What do you think?

You can go ahead and submit the DS260 forms if you guys are fairly certain you wish to pursue your DV selection - the DS submission will not impact your husband's OPT approval.

1--Part 3 of i-485 if none of those is applicable it says write "None" does it mean We should write "None" for all of six blank rows or first one is enough?

2--For Biometric form G-325 for last past address of last fuce years, I have lived in more than 5 Blank rows the form has
How I can add some rows in order to write my seven past addresses,

Thanks.

1. Just the first row is fine.

2. List the other addresses on a piece of paper and attach it to the G-325.

Which one is considered to be 1NL and 2NL. My Di
The questions you're asking are clear indications you've not spent enough time over the AOS process spreadsheet. Please go over it, or your son and/or your D-i-L should spend enough time going over it. It clearly explains/describes what needs to happen when.
Having gone through the hepful spreadsheet and looking at the abreviations and other useful information I have some coments and a few questions.
. My D-i-L received her DV winner letter (1NL) on May 03th.
. On May 5th she submitted the DS-260 form.
. On June 17th she received from KCCDV which I asumme was the 2NL ane email with the adjustmente letter attached as well as the DV fee receipt form.
. She moved to a new address then she was able to unlock the DS-260 in order to update the new address and rebsumitted the DS-260.

Q 1. Should she expect a new email from KCCDV with the updated information or that does not make any difference at all?
Q 2. Can she make the DV payment fee at this point even though her CN becomes current in November according to the October VB or she has to wait until October 1st.

Thanks a lot

Hello,

I am on an E3R applying for AOS and I think I remember reading somewhere to include a CV/Resume. Is this needed? What section would it be included in?

Thank you!

Which one is considered to be 1NL and 2NL. My Di

Having gone through the hepful spreadsheet and looking at the abreviations and other useful information I have some coments and a few questions.
. My D-i-L received her DV winner letter (1NL) on May 03th.
. On May 5th she submitted the DS-260 form.
. On June 17th she received from KCCDV which I asumme was the 2NL ane email with the adjustmente letter attached as well as the DV fee receipt form.
. She moved to a new address then she was able to unlock the DS-260 in order to update the new address and rebsumitted the DS-260.

Q 1. Should she expect a new email from KCCDV with the updated information or that does not make any difference at all?
Q 2. Can she make the DV payment fee at this point even though her CN becomes current in November according to the October VB or she has to wait until October 1st.

Thanks a lot

1. There will be no updated/follow up email from KCC. What she got back in June is her 2NL, that's all she will be getting from KCC.

2. Yes she should make the payment now. It may take a couple of weeks to get back the payment receipt which needs to be included with the AOS package. She can also do the medical exam now.

Hello,

I am on an E3R applying for AOS and I think I remember reading somewhere to include a CV/Resume. Is this needed? What section would it be included in?

Thank you!

The AOS process spreadsheet already has a list of what we consider pertinent documents. Please refer to it.

In My country apart from Birth Certificate we do have National ID Card. Do I need to put its translation in the package?
Also, In my country serving to Military is mandatory but I have exempted. I want to put the copy of Military Exemption Card and its translation in the package, my question is does the copy of translation is enough? Or I should put the original translation?

1. You don't necessarily need to wait for the 2NL before sending in your AOS package.

2. The NOA needs to be included with your AOS package, no need to upgrade to premium processing for the purpose of submitting your AOS package.

3. The payment receipt needs to be included with the package. Email KCC for a copy of the receipt.

Thanks for the reply. I have another query.My employer has filed for my Labour (PERM) and it got approved recently. I do not want to proceed with I-140 and AOS through employer, I still want to continue with the DV process, but since my labor got approved will it mean 2 concurrent LPR application and would my DV AOS get rejected ? Also if my employer has already filed for I-140 would that also reject the DV petition ? Is it only a problem, if 2 AOS (DV & Employment based) are filed concurrently?

In My country apart from Birth Certificate we do have National ID Card. Do I need to put its translation in the package?
Also, In my country serving to Military is mandatory but I have exempted. I want to put the copy of Military Exemption Card and its translation in the package, my question is does the copy of translation is enough? Or I should put the original translation?

1. You may include the national ID if you like.

2. Copy of the exemption card in foreign language + the original translated version.

Thanks for the reply. I have another query.My employer has filed for my Labour (PERM) and it got approved recently. I do not want to proceed with I-140 and AOS through employer, I still want to continue with the DV process, but since my labor got approved will it mean 2 concurrent LPR application and would my DV AOS get rejected ? Also if my employer has already filed for I-140 would that also reject the DV petition ? Is it only a problem, if 2 AOS (DV & Employment based) are filed concurrently?

No problem with having two concurrent AOS petitions in the system.

1. There will be no updated/follow up email from KCC. What she got back in June is her 2NL, that's all she will be getting from KCC.

2. Yes she should make the payment now. It may take a couple of weeks to get back the payment receipt which needs to be included with the AOS package. She can also do the medical exam now.
At this point I´m sort of confused because the adjustment letter received from KCCDV says that if USCIS determines she is elegible to adjustment status she must pay the $330 fee. Should she inquire this into an USCIS office before she makes the payment? However I have read the eligibility criteria for an applicant to adjust status under the DV Program, you must establish that you: Have been selected for a diversity visa by DOS’s lottery .
Please advise.

Thanks so much

I am a little bit confused by I-765.

1. "Other aliens who are authorized to work in the United States without restrictions"- most likely doesn't apply to me, as I am on F1, but can someone please offer a few concrete examples?

2. I've had an Infopass appointment, and the representative said that I must submit I-765. I thought I didn't have to. Anyway, the options on the I-765 contain only OPT- however, my school also offers CPT (Curricular Practical Training) in addition to OPT. I guess, if I submit the I-765 my CPT will be bygone?!

3. Also, just to double check- if I am still in school and want to intern this summer, should I put "Pre-completion OPT"?

Thank you for your time!

At this point I´m sort of confused because the adjustment letter received from KCCDV says that if USCIS determines she is elegible to adjustment status she must pay the $330 fee. Should she inquire this into an USCIS office before she makes the payment? However I have read the eligibility criteria for an applicant to adjust status under the DV Program, you must establish that you: Have been selected for a diversity visa by DOS’s lottery .
Please advise.

Thanks so much

In order to be eligible for AOS (regardless of the basis of adjustment - be it employment, family, DV, whatever), one must have legally entered the US, must have a valid status, and must have not violated their status. If your D-i-L meets these criteria, she's eligible. That's what KCC is suggesting one needs to confirm. Of course she's still free to make a trip down to her FO to confirm if she's eligible or not (waste of time IMO though).

1. "Other aliens who are authorized to work in the United States without restrictions"- most likely doesn't apply to me, as I am on F1, but can someone please offer a few concrete examples?

2. I've had an Infopass appointment, and the representative said that I must submit I-765. I thought I didn't have to. Anyway, the options on the I-765 contain only OPT- however, my school also offers CPT (Curricular Practical Training) in addition to OPT. I guess, if I submit the I-765 my CPT will be bygone?!

3. Also, just to double check- if I am still in school and want to intern this summer, should I put "Pre-completion OPT"?

Thank you for your time!

Not sure I understand how all these have anything to do with DV.

A petitioner in such a situation is able to submit forms I-131 and/or I-765 with a copy of the I-797 (NOA) issued by USCIS in respect of the already submitted I-485. If the NOA is included no payment will be required for the AP/EAD card request.

However, for DV based cases yes it basically doesn't make sense to even apply for these two cards in the first place since the processing time is usually about 3 months (more or less same amount of time the GC under normal circumstances), talk less of trying to apply after receiving the NOA for the I-485.

Hi again! I have another question concerning the I-765. When I sent my adjustment of Status papers I did not sent the I-765 together since I am still in the J-1 visa. However my J-1 visa will finish in January 2017 and I am afraid the green card process will not be finished by then. Since I am going to sign a new contract by the end of the year (my current one also ends in January) I was thinking that it may be a good idea to ask for the EAD ( I-765) now even if it maybe take the same time as the Green card (just in case). This AED will cover me until I have the final answer for the green card, right?

Other question, I am now looking to the form I-765 and I have a doubt. When they ask: I am applying for... Should I answer "Permission to accept employment" or Renewal of my permission to accept employment? (since I already have the J-1). Also what should I answer in the question number 11 "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" Is my J-1 visa considered a request for employment authorization or not?

Thanks again for your help!

Hi again! I have another question concerning the I-765. When I sent my adjustment of Status papers I did not sent the I-765 together since I am still in the J-1 visa. However my J-1 visa will finish in January 2017 and I am afraid the green card process will not be finished by then. Since I am going to sign a new contract by the end of the year (my current one also ends in January) I was thinking that it may be a good idea to ask for the EAD ( I-765) now even if it maybe take the same time as the Green card (just in case). This AED will cover me until I have the final answer for the green card, right?

Other question, I am now looking to the form I-765 and I have a doubt. When they ask: I am applying for... Should I answer "Permission to accept employment" or Renewal of my permission to accept employment? (since I already have the J-1). Also what should I answer in the question number 11 "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" Is my J-1 visa considered a request for employment authorization or not?

Thanks again for your help!

One last question: should I file this form together in the same envelope with my spouse (since we applied together for the adjustment of status) or separate? Thanks!

Hello,
Thank you for any kind response. I appreciate yout time and kindness. I already know about process of Cashier Check you already taught me but I read somewhere in the posts something about writing Case Number on the Cashier Check. Do We need to write the Case number on cashier check? What else we do need to write on that.

Thank you for your time!

Submitting the I-765 with the AOS package is not a must. It is an optional benefit one may or may not choose to apply for.

If you currently have a valid work authorization, there's no need to apply for an AOS based EAD, unless your current status is about to or close to expiring, or you wish to change employers (if your current EAD is employment based).

Just be aware once an AOS based EAD card is used to undertake an employment, you immediately loose your current status and cannot revert back to it should your AOS petition get denied.