• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Yes thank you. I took your advice and answered no

Ok I think I will start putting the package together and hope I can send it sometime in September. However, what if my interview was scheduled before I receive my 2nl?

Not likely to happen. And if it does you attend your interview as is.

My Case number is already current, my case number is around 660, when I noticed that I have been selected in May I went for medical thing in middle of May, the reason I did the medical so early is, my conception about doing medical was based on ppl who are selected and they are in Middle East and they need to have Hepatits shot for 3 steps and the duration is 6 months. So I went for medical in order to have time to complete this 6 months for Hepatits shots.
I went to a doctor who has been admitted by USCIS, he did some shots I needed and then he said I don need Hepatits and some other shots because I am older than 20 while in the same situation ppl who are not in US they need all of the shots no matter how old they are.
I accepted his words and he completed my Medical package after three days and sealed it.
My problem is, I am having doubt about what he has done about some shots the other concern is My medical thing has been done in May and it is valid till November. What Can I do with this situation?
I need to mail my documents to them but it is the thing thay stops me to do that because I am having some hesitation.
Another problem is: I have no sponsor in US and my father sent me $15000 and It is already in my account for 10 days. And I am intending to get my bank statement and send it as afadivit of financal. My concern is, How long this much money must have been in my account? Does the length of existing money matter? I mean this 15000 and something dollars must have been in my account for certain days or not?
And also I am phd student here and my Stipned would be ok at the end of september, Should I wait till I be proved as TA and ask the University for a letter in which my monthly wage is written or The bank statement of the wellsfargo would be enough?

My Case number is already current, my case number is around 660, when I noticed that I have been selected in May I went for medical thing in middle of May, the reason I did the medical so early is, my conception about doing medical was based on ppl who are selected and they are in Middle East and they need to have Hepatits shot for 3 steps and the duration is 6 months. So I went for medical in order to have time to complete this 6 months for Hepatits shots.
I went to a doctor who has been admitted by USCIS, he did some shots I needed and then he said I don need Hepatits and some other shots because I am older than 20 while in the same situation ppl who are not in US they need all of the shots no matter how old they are.
I accepted his words and he completed my Medical package after three days and sealed it.
My problem is, I am having doubt about what he has done about some shots the other concern is My medical thing has been done in May and it is valid till November. What Can I do with this situation?
I need to mail my documents to them but it is the thing thay stops me to do that because I am having some hesitation.
Another problem is: I have no sponsor in US and my father sent me $15000 and It is already in my account for 10 days. And I am intending to get my bank statement and send it as afadivit of financal. My concern is, How long this much money must have been in my account? Does the length of existing money matter? I mean this 15000 and something dollars must have been in my account for certain days or not?
And also I am phd student here and my Stipned would be ok at the end of september, Should I wait till I be proved as TA and ask the University for a letter in which my monthly wage is written or The bank statement of the wellsfargo would be enough?

You obviously haven't spent some time going over the AOS process spreadsheet like we asked you to a while back - if you did you wouldn't be asking all these questions as to what the CS did or didn't do.

Anyway, since the medical you did in May will technically expire in November, my suggestion is for you to do another medical and send in the new one with your AOS package. You're from Iran, so be prepared for a long ride. I don't see your case being approved by the end of November even if you file early.

With regards to proving you will not become a public charge, find someone to fill out form I-134 (affidavit of support) for you. It's not a matter of how long you're required to have the $15K in your account. For AOS they give more credence to an ongoing annual income which is above the poverty guideline level than to a lump sum deposit in a bank account.

When I did my medical I was not familiar with your Forum It is only 1 month that My friend introduced it to me. So I did the mdical based on my previous conception.
Anyway, Do I need to have Hepatits shots or not?
You obviously haven't spent some time going over the AOS process spreadsheet like we asked you to a while back - if you did you wouldn't be asking all these questions as to what the CS did or didn't do.

Anyway, since the medical you did in May will technically expire in November, my suggestion is for you to do another medical and send in the new one with your AOS package. You're from Iran, so be prepared for a long ride. I don't see your case being approved by the end of November even if you file early.

With regards to proving you will not become a public charge, find someone to fill out form I-134 (affidavit of support) for you. It's not a matter of how long you're required to have the $15K in your account. For AOS they give more credence to an ongoing annual income which is above the poverty guideline level than to a lump sum deposit in a bank account.

The doctor is the one who knows what you need. Not anyone here and not anyone back in your home country.
He is the admitted doctor of USCIS who said that I am over 20 and I don need this shot, but I am having hesitation because I think he Might have got me wrong and did not have any clue about DV-Lottery.

He is the admitted doctor of USCIS who said that I am over 20 and I don need this shot, but I am having hesitation because I think he Might have got me wrong and did not have any clue about DV-Lottery.

He doesn't need to have a "clue" about the lottery. The medicals are the same for all immigrants regardless of what avenue - DV, family, work etc - that they use to immigrate.

Like mom said for DV lottery consular processing medical only valid for 6 months. But I 693 form used for AOS purpose is valid for 1 year. I did asked this from mom but she said its only 6 months. Because theres a state department bulletin says its valid only for 6 months. But USCIS do not fall under state department it falls under DHS. So I think I693 is valid for 1 year. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/u...rt-medical-examination-and-vaccination-record

I did my medical test too because I got to know about the forum only after I did it and by then I did not know that it's valid only for 6 months. Anyway, my doctor told me that I only need to have MMR, varicella and Dtap (tetanus) vaccinations since I am over 20.

When I did my medical I was not familiar with your Forum It is only 1 month that My friend introduced it to me. So I did the mdical based on my previous conception.
Anyway, Do I need to have Hepatits shots or not?

Yes, you didn't know about the spreadsheet before joining the forum or doing your medical exam. However after you joined, you were informed of its existence. The fact that you're still asking about whether or not you need the Hepatitis shot is evidence you didn't go through it. The AOS spreadsheet has detailed information about what the medical exam involves, so if you want an answer with regards to Hepatitis shots R.E.A.D. T.H.E. S.P.R.E.A.D.S.H.E.E.T.!

AOSers do not receive the 2NL based on being current, that process is only applicable to CP. You'll need to check other Threads as applicable if you want to know if those processing CP have started receiving their 2NL.

AOSers do not receive the 2NL based on being current, that process is only applicable to CP. You'll need to check other Threads as applicable if you want to know if those processing CP have started receiving their 2NL.
Thank you. I will apply for a waiver next week. Is is safe to send the package sometimes in October even though my waiver case (2 year residency requirement) might still be processing? Or should I wait until I get the waiver approved?

Thank you. I will apply for a waiver next week. Is is safe to send the package sometimes in October even though my waiver case (2 year residency requirement) might still be processing? Or should I wait until I get the waiver approved?

The waiver must be included with the AOS package or you risk being denied outrightly. So you'll need to wait for the waiver before filing.

Hello,

First of all thank you very much for gathering this very thorough and helpful package. I was very pleased to find it a couple days ago. I have a couple questions specific to my case and it would be great if any of you guys could offer some guidance.

I've been in the United States 7 years now as an international student (2 years high school, 4 years college, and 1 year OPT), but my OPT expired in June 2016. I did transfer my I-20 to a graduate program which begins this Fall, so I am all set with having a legal status in the country. My CN is EU201700014*** which means that my case will be current around November-December (is this safe to assume?) If for a number of reasons, I decide to stop the graduate program after the first semester (so basically getting out of F-1 status in January), will that hurt the application process overall and jeopardize my chances of acquiring the green card eventually? In asking this I am of course assuming that I would have filed my application already by November-December. Any input on this would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Hello,

First of all thank you very much for gathering this very thorough and helpful package. I was very pleased to find it a couple days ago. I have a couple questions specific to my case and it would be great if any of you guys could offer some guidance.

I've been in the United States 7 years now as an international student (2 years high school, 4 years college, and 1 year OPT), but my OPT expired in June 2016. I did transfer my I-20 to a graduate program which begins this Fall, so I am all set with having a legal status in the country. My CN is EU201700014*** which means that my case will be current around November-December (is this safe to assume?) If for a number of reasons, I decide to stop the graduate program after the first semester (so basically getting out of F-1 status in January), will that hurt the application process overall and jeopardize my chances of acquiring the green card eventually? In asking this I am of course assuming that I would have filed my application already by November-December. Any input on this would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help!

It is advisable to main one's current status until the AOS petition gets adjudicated. I wouldn't recommend dropping out of school after filing.

I have a question about the definition of work - i.e. what you are not allowed to do while pending adjustment. Where is the line between investing money and working for your own benefit? Would appreciate a link to a statute or any guidance, thanks.

Hello, I have a quick question about the Previous US Visit question on DS260. I have been staying inside the US since 2013 and I am currently working on F1-OPT. For the most recent visit field, I put my last enter date in 2013 and entered 49 months for the Length of Stay as my OPT card expires June 2017. I also have D/S for my I-94.

I read that Sm1smom suggested putting the DS260 submission's date day. Will I be okay with the 49 months or do you recommend me changing to the date when I submit my DS260? Thank you so much in advance!

I have a question about the definition of work - i.e. what you are not allowed to do while pending adjustment. Where is the line between investing money and working for your own benefit? Would appreciate a link to a statute or any guidance, thanks.

I can't get into the nitty gritty of what constitutes work or not. However if you did include form I-765 with your AOS package, you will receive an EAD card which authorizes someone with a pending AOS petition to undertake a paid job.