• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi my package received on April 16th via USPS express and it was signed by R Mercado. I haven't received any email/text yet. We called USCIS they said to wait for another week. Please let me know in case you hear anything sooner.

I'm sorry I can't be bothered to provide further guidance to anyone who pointedly ignores the suggestions they've been given but would rather ask the same question over and over in place of what they've been told to do.

Hi my package received on April 16th via USPS express and it was signed by R Mercado. I haven't received any email/text yet. We called USCIS they said to wait for another week. Please let me know in case you hear anything sooner.
Hi my package received on April 14th. they rejected it because of outdated I 485 form. They received my package for second time on April 22nd. Yesterday( April 29th), I received text and email of acceptance.

Last edited:
The AOS process spreadsheet lists it as being required.
Thanks always for your help. I saw the "I-508" on the "AOS Package" tab in the spreadsheet but it only says that it's an additional form for E visa/status holders only. I looked into the I-508 form and it says that it's only for "Non-U.S citizens working for a foreign government mission or international organization" - see here (https://www.uscis.gov/i-508). I do not work for a foreign government mission and I work for a US company. That's why I was confused as to whether I have to include it in my package. Does anyone know of any E visa holders that have submitted the package? Did you include the I-508 form? I'm leaning towards no at the moment as I don't want to include the form and confuse the officer (make them think I work for a government mission or international organization". Cheers

Thanks always for your help. I saw the "I-508" on the "AOS Package" tab in the spreadsheet but it only says that it's an additional form for E visa/status holders only. I looked into the I-508 form and it says that it's only for "Non-U.S citizens working for a foreign government mission or international organization" - see here (https://www.uscis.gov/i-508). I do not work for a foreign government mission and I work for a US company. That's why I was confused as to whether I have to include it in my package. Does anyone know of any E visa holders that have submitted the package? Did you include the I-508 form? I'm leaning towards no at the moment as I don't want to include the form and confuse the officer (make them think I work for a government mission or international organization". Cheers

The form is basically intended for waiving diplomatic rights privileges, exemptions and immunities including exemption from paying US income taxes.

So the question is are you currently exempt from paying US income taxes? If the answer is no, then you may decide to skip out on filling the form. Personally, I would rather err on the side of caution than exclude it if this was my case.

I'm certain the AOS Timeline spreadsheets has a couple of E visa status holders who have successfully gone through the DV based AOS process.

I'm all done with my AOS package! Now I'm just trying to figure out (not screw up) where to send my package. I think I'll send it via FedEx (assume this is quicker) and I'm not sure what address to send it to. I see on this site (https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses) it says:
"USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517"

But all the addresses I've seen on here says to send to:
"USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120"

Can someone please tell me which one it is? Or if it's different?

Thank you!!!

I'm all done with my AOS package! Now I'm just trying to figure out (not screw up) where to send my package. I think I'll send it via FedEx (assume this is quicker) and I'm not sure what address to send it to. I see on this site (https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses) it says:
"USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517"

But all the addresses I've seen on here says to send to:
"USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120"

Thank you!!!

As per the I-485 filing instructions - https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-551

Thank you!!!

As you posted, the website clearly states that:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I sent mine to the second address because even though I used USPS, I did it through Express Priority service, that is classified as delivery.

Hi: I finally sent my package on Monday, May 1st. After sending it, I realized that I did not attach supporting documents to I-134 (evidence of income) in duplicate! Is it a serious mistake? Do you think it will result in denial of my package?

Hi: I finally sent my package on Monday, May 1st. After sending it, I realized that I did not attach supporting documents to I-134 (evidence of income) in duplicate! Is it a serious mistake? Do you think it will result in denial of my package?

Relax! It's not necessary, that's why the AOS process spreadsheet didn't stress a need for it.

Relax! It's not necessary, that's why the AOS process spreadsheet didn't stress a need for it.

Thank you!
But there is another problem: I also did not include the government ID and W-2 as indicated by the spreadsheet. Is this a problem? The person who fill out the I-134 for me said that instructions did not ask to attach W-2 or a copy of a green card so she did not. Should I have those documents with me at the interview?

Thank you!
But there is another problem: I also did not include the government ID and W-2 as indicated by the spreadsheet. Is this a problem? The person who fill out the I-134 for me said that instructions did not ask to attach W-2 or a copy of a green card so she did not. Should I have those documents with me at the interview?

Have them on hand for the interview.