• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hello,

I received form I-797C (w/ biometric appointment) but haven't received form I-797 (acceptance notification) yet. Isn't this abnormal? Should I be worried? Thanks.
Hi,

This might not matter but, did you say the biometric notice you received was a "I797C"? I ask because i also received a I797C but it was NOT a biometric notice, it was the Notice of Action confirming receipt of application. I am just curious on the naming convention of these notices.

Hi,

This might not matter but, did you say the biometric notice you received was a "I797C"? I ask because i also received a I797C but it was NOT a biometric notice, it was the Notice of Action confirming receipt of application. I am just curious on the naming convention of these notices.

Yes, both NOA and biometric notice are on form I-797C.

My package was delievered April 19 through USPS priority mail. It says delivered Chicago IL, 60680 but does not have the PO Box of USCIS. Was it the same for any of you guys ??
Did it have the POBox of USCIS mentioned ?

My package was delievered April 19 through USPS priority mail. It says delivered Chicago IL, 60680 but does not have the PO Box of USCIS. Was it the same for any of you guys ??

I can't say for certain as I used FedEx but I'm quite sure you have nothing to worry about. You sent it to this address right?
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

You likely won't hear anything from them for at least another week.

Hey there,

I'm on an E3 visa and the company I work for is American and is not government related. I am wondering, do I have to fill out the I-508 or I-508F form? I have seen conflicting responses on the net and thought this would be the best place to get a final answer.

Hey there,

I'm on an E3 visa and the company I work for is American and is not government related. I am wondering, do I have to fill out the I-508 or I-508F form? I have seen conflicting responses on the net and thought this would be the best place to get a final answer.

The AOS process spreadsheet lists it as being required.

Our number would be current in May 2017 but we sent our AOS package on April 17th itself because of early filing memo. Is that the reason my checks are not cashed as they are reviewing whether to accept the application?

Our number would be current in May 2017 but we sent our AOS package on April 17th itself because of early filing memo. Is that the reason my checks are not cashed as they are reviewing whether to accept the application?

Did you take a look at the Timelines spreadsheet to get an idea of the average processing time like @SoCal90401 told you a couple of days ago?

I can't say for certain as I used FedEx but I'm quite sure you have nothing to worry about. You sent it to this address right?
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

You likely won't hear anything from them for at least another week.

Yes I sent it to that address. Thank you for your feedback.
@deeprai I see that you used USPS as well. Did it mention the PO Box when you tracked your mail ? Any info is much appreciated.

We received our interview letter today - May 11 is the day :)

Unfortunately, my letter says that - on top of the standard documents to bring to the interview - my "(...) submitted I-693 has expired or your file does not contain a valid form I-693. (...)". My wife did the medical exams on the same day as i (Jan 27, 2017) and on the copies that we received, all entries look similar to my form. Her interview letter does not ask for a new I-693. As the form is not expired, it must be invalid. Does anybody have an idea what can be wrong here? Did anybody have a similar case and could get answers before going to the interview? Would the surgeon recognize that something is maybe missing? I hope I don't have to pay all those fees again...

Thanks for all your help!

Dominik

Unfortunately, my letter says that - on top of the standard documents to bring to the interview - my "(...) submitted I-693 has expired or your file does not contain a valid form I-693. (...)". My wife did the medical exams on the same day as i (Jan 27, 2017) and on the copies that we received, all entries look similar to my form. Her interview letter does not ask for a new I-693. As the form is not expired, it must be invalid. Does anybody have an idea what can be wrong here? Did anybody have a similar case and could get answers before going to the interview? Would the surgeon recognize that something is maybe missing? I hope I don't have to pay all those fees again...

Dominik

Well, the I-693 is valid for 12 months so your January 27, 2017 medical exam rules that out as an issue.

They did issue a new I-693 in February though. Whats expiration date on your I-693 form?:
Beginning April 28, 2017, civil surgeons must use the 02/07/17 edition Form I-693 (which shows an expiration date of 02/28/2019 at the top right corner of page 1). USCIS will not accept any previous editions (with an expiration date of 03/31/2017 or earlier) that a civil surgeon signed and dated on or after April 28, 2017. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions.

The envelope has to be sealed and not tampered with.

Maybe you could speak with your doctor and ask if there is anything that they or the USCIS may be concerned with. If you used an expired form, they may be able to transfer everything to a new form for you and put it into a sealed envelope.

I see this expiration date of the form, it says 03/31/2017. According to your posted citation, we are good. The bio walk-in was on 3/17, so they should have processed our forms already before the expiration date.
As my wife both went to the same doctor, on the same day, with the same forms (that the doctor filled out and we just signed), I really do not know what is wrong. I will give them a call tomorrow though to make sure.

Dominik

Download a newer version of the form:
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693.pdf

Fill out the personal info section and take it in to your CS. Tell them USCIS rejected the previous one on the basis - they should be able to pull up your information and transpose it to the new form.

I see this expiration date of the form, it says 03/31/2017. According to your posted citation, we are good. The bio walk-in was on 3/17, so they should have processed our forms already before the expiration date.
As my wife both went to the same doctor, on the same day, with the same forms (that the doctor filled out and we just signed), I really do not know what is wrong. I will give them a call tomorrow though to make sure.

No, it doesn't work that way. When your bio took place has nothing to do with the medical exam being processed. You're however fortunate the IO reviewed your file before scheduling an interview and they've issued an RFE for you to bring along. I'm sure you wouldn't have been pleased to be told after the interview that the reason they can't approve you is due to a need for you to submit a new medical exam.

Oh, and one more thing - the doctor can't necessarily tell you 'what is wrong' and I wouldn't recommend that line of approach. I wouldn't be surprised if they tell you, oh there's nothing wrong with the form, just go for your interview. What you want at the end of the day is for them to fill out a new medical form for you. So you need to be a bit firm when you contact them. Not attending your interview with the new medical exam as requested could have a disastrous effect. My two cents!

Download a newer version of the form:
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693.pdf

Fill out the personal info section and take it in to your CS. Tell them USCIS rejected the previous one on the basis - they should be able to pull up your information and transpose it to the new form.

Hi Mom
My medical form was signed on 03/28 (old form). My package was delivered to lockbox on 04/02. Received email/text notification from lockbox. Expecting to receive official letter and bio letter soon.
Do you think I might encounter the same issue or does it depend on FO or IO?

Thanks

Hi Mom
My medical form was signed on 03/28 (old form). My package was delivered to lockbox on 04/02. Received email/text notification from lockbox. Expecting to receive official letter and bio letter soon.
Do you think I might encounter the same issue or does it depend on FO or IO?

Thanks

I don't want to speculate as I don't know precisely why @Dominik20 has been asked to show up with a new medical exam. So my answer to your question is: I don't know.

Did you take a look at the Timelines spreadsheet to get an idea of the average processing time like @SoCal90401 told you a couple of days ago?
Hi my package received on April 16th via USPS express and it was signed by R Mercado. I haven't received any email/text yet. We called USCIS they said to wait for another week. Please let me know in case you hear anything sooner.

Hi my package received on April 16th via USPS express and it was signed by R Mercado. I haven't received any email/text yet. We called USCIS they said to wait for another week. Please let me know in case you hear anything sooner.
Hi, my package was delivered on 13th of April and I didn't receive any notifications yet, don't panic, everything is going as it should.