• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

You can still use the older version as long as it is signed and dated by your CS prior to 4/2/2017. USCIS will not accept the old form if it is signed and dated by the CS on or after 4/2/2017.

USCIS considers the flu season to be from Oct 1st - March 31st, so if your CS is conducting your medical on or before Mar 31st, you do need the flu shot. If you don't want the flu shot, wait until Apr 1st before starting your medical.

Thanks. But isn't it 04/28/2017 instead of 04/02/2017? Below is the text that I copied from the USCIS webpage.

"Beginning April 28, 2017, civil surgeons must use the 02/07/17 edition Form I-693 (which shows an expiration date of 02/28/2019 at the top right corner of page 1). USCIS will not accept any previous editions (with an expiration date of 03/31/2017 or earlier) that a civil surgeon signed and dated on or after April 28, 2017. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions."

Thanks. But isn't it 04/28/2017 instead of 04/02/2017? Below is the text that I copied from the USCIS webpage.

"Beginning April 28, 2017, civil surgeons must use the 02/07/17 edition Form I-693 (which shows an expiration date of 02/28/2019 at the top right corner of page 1). USCIS will not accept any previous editions (with an expiration date of 03/31/2017 or earlier) that a civil surgeon signed and dated on or after April 28, 2017. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions."

Yes it should be 4/28/2017, the 4/2/2017 in my previous post is obviously a typo, but you get the gist of the post in general.

Hello,

I understand that if you file the AOS before filing for OPT, you risk getting the OPT. I have two questions:

1) I assume if I am filing for STEM OPT extension, the case is the same: I might not get the extension, because I have shown immigrant intent beforehand by filing for AOS?
2) If we assume that the OPT gets approved even though I filed after filing for AOS and the AOS gets denied, will my status fall back to OPT?

Thank you!
Hi! Did you have any issues with applying for the OPT after sending in your AOS package? I am currently under the same problem.

I'm currently on an H-1B. I may have to travel out of the country for work while my i-485 is pending. As I understand it, since it's a dual-intent visa, that would be fine without AP. Does anyone have experience with this or advice? Thanks!

Hi Mom,

I had some confusion while filling out my forms. I listed some of the queries here:

1. On the form G325a there is a space foR filenumber that starts with A. What do we fill for that ?
2. On the form I485 it asks us to fill:
I. Were you inspected by an immigration officer ? What would be the right answer to that ?
II. A-number is the one on my previous EAD ? Or is it the I94 number that I used to file my opt ?
III. On the expires on ? Is it the I20 date ? Or the new opt Ead card date ? Also on the I94 it says D/S or we put this ?
IV. For part 2,
I selected h and wrote "Diversity Visa Lottery " is that right or do I write something else ?

Hello Mom,

Thanks for the great help. I have a question. After we do the biometrics, do we get any notification through email/text/status update etc. which says something like they received my biometrics. Do they provide such update or information? Thank you very much.

I'm currently on an H-1B. I may have to travel out of the country for work while my i-485 is pending. As I understand it, since it's a dual-intent visa, that would be fine without AP. Does anyone have experience with this or advice? Thanks!

Yes that is a dual intent visa, traveling out without an AP card while your AOS is pending will not lead to your petition being considered as abandoned. However, you need to be aware re-admission into the US is always at the discretion of the CBP officer.

Hi Mom,

I had some confusion while filling out my forms. I listed some of the queries here:

1. On the form G325a there is a space foR filenumber that starts with A. What do we fill for that ?
2. On the form I485 it asks us to fill:
I. Were you inspected by an immigration officer ? What would be the right answer to that ?
II. A-number is the one on my previous EAD ? Or is it the I94 number that I used to file my opt ?
III. On the expires on ? Is it the I20 date ? Or the new opt Ead card date ? Also on the I94 it says D/S or we put this ?
IV. For part 2,
I selected h and wrote "Diversity Visa Lottery " is that right or do I write something else ?

1. If you've never applied for an immigration benefit from USCIS in the past you wouldn't have an Alien number, so don't stress about it. Leave the section blank.
2. 'Yes' - assuming you didn't enter the country illegally.
II. So you do have an A#. Forget about what I said in 1 above. Yes, it is on your EAD card.
III. Use D/S - it is the longest one
IV. That is correct.

Hello Mom,

Thanks for the great help. I have a question. After we do the biometrics, do we get any notification through email/text/status update etc. which says something like they received my biometrics. Do they provide such update or information? Thank you very much.

No bio related update is sent out or provided online.

Dear Mom,

Given that the latest bulletin indicated that all regions – including my own, SA - will go current in May, I decided to move forward with AOP and just submitted my DS-260. Should I wait to pay the DV administrative fee until I receive a 2NL from KCC? What should I be doing to optimize time and maximize my chances in the meantime (medical exam, gather original documents and obtain translations for the packet...)?

Many thanks.

Dear Mom,

Given that the latest bulletin indicated that all regions – including my own, SA - will go current in May, I decided to move forward with AOP and just submitted my DS-260. Should I wait to pay the DV administrative fee until I receive a 2NL from KCC? What should I be doing to optimize time and maximize my chances in the meantime (medical exam, gather original documents and obtain translations for the packet...)?

Many thanks.

You should get everything ready now and submit your AOS package - there's no need to be waiting for KCC to get back to you at this point in time.

You should get everything ready now and submit your AOS package - there's no need to be waiting for KCC to get back to you at this point in time.
Great, thank you. I assume that the earlier I submit the package, the better? I wish I had the time to put everything together in under 24hs, but unfortunately I have to ask people in my home country to find and send me documents, which may take a while. What date range should I be aiming for (I realize that there may not be an appropriate response)?

Yes that is a dual intent visa, traveling out without an AP card while your AOS is pending will not lead to your petition being considered as abandoned. However, you need to be aware re-admission into the US is always at the discretion of the CBP officer.

Thanks for your help! I'll just plan to carry all possible documentation with me.