• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Administrative Process (AP) Cases

Hello, My case does not get any updates .
Case Created: 30-Oct-2015
Interview: 2-Non-2016
Case Last Updated: 12-Dec-2016 and still pending . On the day of interview , Consular told me to wait 3 to 4 months , now it is over 4 months i am under AP and my case has not updated since 12 Dec, Any suggestions ?
nobody???

nobody???

You are Iranian - correct? If so, you can expect actual AP to last around 5 months. However, since Iran is now under the ban, the case will then remain on hold (AP status) even once AP has been cleared. That will continue until the ban is lifted.

You are Iranian - correct? If so, you can expect actual AP to last around 5 months. However, since Iran is now under the ban, the case will then remain on hold (AP status) even once AP has been cleared. That will continue until the ban is lifted.
thank you Britsimon. Yes i am Iranian. The problem is that my case status had not been updated since Dec 12th. and AP is cleared will I be notified ? One more question, Do you think will it help if i talk to an attorney from the US ?

thank you Britsimon. Yes i am Iranian. The problem is that my case status had not been updated since Dec 12th. and AP is cleared will I be notified ? One more question, Do you think will it help if i talk to an attorney from the US ?

It doesn't matter whether they update the case status or not. That does not affect your processing.

If you want to talk to an attorney, it will help that attorney buy a new iphone. It won't help your case at all.

Patience.

Hello,
I(principal applicant) and my wife attended dv interview on 16th March and after the interview, we were handed back our passports but the Co remained with my high school certificate and marriage certificate and told us that our case required further administrative processing and that the embassy will contact us either through email or phone before giving us a pink paper written "Administrative processing". On 17th March, i checked the ceac and to my shock, the status shows "refused". I have not yet received any communication from the embassy. Does it mean that my case was refused?

Hello,
I(principal applicant) and my wife attended dv interview on 16th March and after the interview, we were handed back our passports but the Co remained with my high school certificate and marriage certificate and told us that our case required further administrative processing and that the embassy will contact us either through email or phone before giving us a pink paper written "Administrative processing". On 17th March, i checked the ceac and to my shock, the status shows "refused". I have not yet received any communication from the embassy. Does it mean that my case was refused?

Unfortunately, unless they somehow made a mistake (very unlikely with respect to such an update) then it does mean that. The usual status between an interview and a decision, whether issued or refused, would be "administrative processing". I would suggest you contact the embassy for clarification, and at the very least to find out how to get your civil documents back. I'm sorry for this outcome. Do you know why you were put on AP, as that will likely be the reason for the refusal?

First of all I would like to thank Britsimon for helping so many people. I have a similar question. I am a Turkish citizen and winner of DV 2017. I had an interview on November 17 and my case is still under administrative processing. I do have a very common last name and I have visited Somalia as a government employee for 3 months. Given the latest circumstances, do you think my visit willl affect AP ? also, do you have any estimation of AP time for Turkish citizens?

First of all I would like to thank Britsimon for helping so many people. I have a similar question. I am a Turkish citizen and winner of DV 2017. I had an interview on November 17 and my case is still under administrative processing. I do have a very common last name and I have visited Somalia as a government employee for 3 months. Given the latest circumstances, do you think my visit willl affect AP ? also, do you have any estimation of AP time for Turkish citizens?

Iranian AP is very common and somewhat predictable. However, AP in general is NOT predictable. We can speculate a little more (but don't know for sure) based on why a case has started AP. For example, AP because some document was not available at the interview is simple, the AP will complete shortly after the document is supplied. Other cases are less easy to predict. For your case, the government employment, travel history and name are all factors that could have caused the AP (as well as something else). However, I cannot tell you how long your AP will last, because we can't vbe certain why it was needed or what checks need to be completed. All you can do is wait.

Hello,
i have been on AP since 2/3/2017 , since them i have received three 221(g) but the last 221(g) dated 19th April was about the affidavit of support. My sponser is not willing to provide the affidavit as requested by the consulate. Can i provide another sponsor or is it to late to do so?. i already have another sponsor who is willing to provide one.

Hello,
i have been on AP since 2/3/2017 , since them i have received three 221(g) but the last 221(g) dated 19th April was about the affidavit of support. My sponser is not willing to provide the affidavit as requested by the consulate. Can i provide another sponsor or is it to late to do so?. i already have another sponsor who is willing to provide one.

Yes you can provide an affidavit from a new sponsor. Just be sure you have a solid relationship with the sponsor - you may be questioned on the relationship.

Hello,

Find someone else who you trust and is willing to give you the AOS. You are Kenyan right?