• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Malaysia and this is my 2nd time enrolling for the DV program. Such a nervous wait for May 5, can't imagine the disappointment if not picked again

hello guyz am a new member hear bt not entirely new coz ave been following this forum for a while and ave seen its very educative...am from Eldoret, Kenya and also a dv 2016 entrant...the wait is really killing... but let us ope this year is a year of good results. success to all applicants... ♡... and i rili don'knw hw to post somethin new here..alittle help pliz

I have a question. The data says that 485 Spanish people won the lotery in 2014, are the derivatives included in that number?
And if there were 14.308 participants (+ 10.100 derivatives) can I say there is a 3.3% chance of winning? I know this will change from year to year, but just to have an idea...

And finally, if both my husband and I applied (with each other as derivatives on each application) does that mean we double the chances? 6.6%?

Maybe all of this is silly but the waiting is driving me crazy :D

I have a question. The data says that 485 Spanish people won the lotery in 2014, are the derivatives included in that number?
And if there were 14.308 participants (+ 10.100 derivatives) can I say there is a 3.3% chance of winning? I know this will change from year to year, but just to have an idea...

And finally, if both my husband and I applied (with each other as derivatives on each application) does that mean we double the chances? 6.6%?

Maybe all of this is silly but the waiting is driving me crazy :D

The 485 includes derivatives.
Yes on the 3.3% in that year (1 in 30 entries).
Yes you have double the chances, but it is calculated slightly differently than just adding them - but I am being pedantic. 6.6% is near enough.

The count down is killing me.days are going very slow.I can imagine how slow it will be when we will be waiting for the interview.
After being selected last year may 2014 we had to wait 8 months to January this year for us to get our 2nl. Then another 2 months until March for the interview. We had a low cn @ 1xx but we did our ds-260 a little late (August). Be prepared to wait. But try not to think about it. I know it's easier said than done as we checked the ESC site every month looking for our 2nl and also harassing kcc and these forums. Just enjoy the ride and let it run its course.

All the best for May 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.